Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone scheduled for upcoming PAT test.... they added additional tests which arent on the website from notification that I have received

Comment

• Anyone going to the upstate academy scheduled to be placed in JD6, please don't drop out. We need all the guys/girls we can get! Good luck all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Clo 49 View Post
        Anyone going to the upstate academy scheduled to be placed in JD6, please don't drop out. We need all the guys/girls we can get! Good luck all!
        Im supposed to be going to JD 6...I just gotta pass this retest for my eyes. Im pretty nervous tho...my career rests on an eye exam. The pressure is on big time

Comment

• [QUOTE=Clo 49;3711559]Anyone going to the upstate academy scheduled to be placed in JD6, please don't drop out. We need all the guys/girls we can get! Good luck all![/QUOTE

do alot of people drop out once they make it to the academy???? do they fill those spots with back ups?

Comment

• Depends on how early on they drop out. Guys, prep well, keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut. Laziness will kill you and punish the rest of your squad.

Comment

• I'm currently in an academy with another agency... The first week with the department I'm with is always when we lose the most... If they just stuck it another another couple of days or for at least the next following week they would see it gets easier and u start getting the swing of things. Good luck to all going to the academy, DONT QUIT!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• This is an awesome job. If you prepared yourself physically and mentally, you'll be fine in the academy. We need people upstate and for those ready to go in September, best of luck. Please don't go into the academy and then drop out or not even show up on the first day. All you are doing is taking a job away from someone who WANTED to be there. Make sure this is the job you want. Like is I said before it is an awesome job.

Comment

• If you really start physical preparation now, you will be one step ahead.Push ups and Sit ups are important. I would be doing a couple hundred a day.

Comment

• Anyone have any insight on where the most likely placement is in the 5th JD out of the academy? Is there any preference based on need or they just tell you where you will be? How early do they let you know? I'm sure plenty of people will need to look for housing. Also what courts use NYS in the 5th? Is there somewhere to look this up? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rush1869 View Post
                      I'm currently in an academy with another agency... The first week with the department I'm with is always when we lose the most... If they just stuck it another another couple of days or for at least the next following week they would see it gets easier and u start getting the swing of things. Good luck to all going to the academy, DONT QUIT!
                      This, definitely this. The longer the academy goes on, the easier it gets. The instructors will get easier to deal with, they're human after all, but don't mistake their kindness for weakness because they will go back to day one **** ASAP. But as long as you stick with it and don't give up, you'll be fine.

Originally posted by TDD57 View Post
                      This is an awesome job. If you prepared yourself physically and mentally, you'll be fine in the academy. We need people upstate and for those ready to go in September, best of luck. Please don't go into the academy and then drop out or not even show up on the first day. All you are doing is taking a job away from someone who WANTED to be there. Make sure this is the job you want. Like is I said before it is an awesome job.
                      We need people in general. Hopefully OCA is ready to start the hiring process as soon as those scores are out but it's OCA so they'll screw it up somehow. Seriously, though, this is a great job. There's a lot of stupid that goes on, but the good outweighs the bad once you start easing into things. This isn't the type of thing that you go to, don't like what you see, and then leave. This is a career. This is going to take care of you and your family for the majority of your lives. I've had people in my class go from jobs that were already paying them well but took the pay cut because they wanted something with more stability in terms of benefits, vacation, sick time, etc. This is 9-5, weekends off, 12 holidays a year, we're the only ones who have this kind of schedule out of all the LEO's. Want to be about that life? Work for it. Show up and don't quit.

Originally posted by bjanz18 View Post
                      Anyone have any insight on where the most likely placement is in the 5th JD out of the academy? Is there any preference based on need or they just tell you where you will be? How early do they let you know? I'm sure plenty of people will need to look for housing. Also what courts use NYS in the 5th? Is there somewhere to look this up? Thanks in advance.
                      You typically find out where you're going the day after graduation. For those relocating (downstate to upstate), I don't know if it's the norm, but they try to accommodate them by having a meet-and-greet with whoever's in charge of whatever JD they're going to several weeks before graduation. I believe it's also typically based on need with each command listing how many officers they'd like to get, but I've seen some recruits fill out a form listing a preference based on the JD they're going to. Who knows if that's actually taken into account because I don't think any of them got their first choice. Even though you might know which JD you're going to be in, doesn't mean you'll know where exactly you'll be going. Again, you won't know until after graduation. That's one of the sucky things when you get to the end.

Comment

• For those who are waiting for the exam results from the test from last year, is it a 100% certain that we are getting these scores in October?

Comment

• Originally posted by joetarro View Post
                          For those who are waiting for the exam results from the test from last year, is it a 100% certain that we are getting these scores in October?
                          If you go on the court officer recruitment website it says by October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Rumor alert - heard possible NYC academy October 15th (which is a Thursday?) - Rumor alert
                            Last edited by PACE; 08-17-2015, 06:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PACE View Post
                              Rumor alert - heard possible NYC academy October 15th (which is a Thursday?) - Rumor alert
                              How credible is your source? That would be amazing if true!

Comment

• Also, has this ever been done before? Two concurrent academies

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10261 users online. 469 members and 9792 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X