Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • future court officer

    Hello to all current and future court officers. I took the test in October of 09 and I received my canvassing letter, which I already sent back with the hope of beginningt the process will soon.

    However, I recently found out that I was color blind. Would anyone know whether this would automatically disqualify me or whether I would still be able to get through. I am physically fit, with 20/20 vision. Thank you in advance for your reply.

    Good luck to anyone else who has received a canvassing letter as well

    Comment


    • This is a link for the entire process, check the medical examination it should answer your question.

      http://www.courts.state.ny.us/career...creening.shtml

      By the way what was your score?
      Bridge and Tunnel Officer, Exam No. 5606

      Comment


      • Originally posted by franco21 View Post
        Hello to all current and future court officers. I took the test in October of 09 and I received my canvassing letter, which I already sent back with the hope of beginningt the process will soon.

        However, I recently found out that I was color blind. Would anyone know whether this would automatically disqualify me or whether I would still be able to get through. I am physically fit, with 20/20 vision. Thank you in advance for your reply.

        Good luck to anyone else who has received a canvassing letter as well
        I have heard that they are very strict with all aspects, color vision being one of those. I believe that may be a disqualifier.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by franco21 View Post
          Hello to all current and future court officers. I took the test in October of 09 and I received my canvassing letter, which I already sent back with the hope of beginningt the process will soon.

          However, I recently found out that I was color blind. Would anyone know whether this would automatically disqualify me or whether I would still be able to get through. I am physically fit, with 20/20 vision. Thank you in advance for your reply.

          Good luck to anyone else who has received a canvassing letter as well
          Originally posted by dbacksrock02 View Post
          I have heard that they are very strict with all aspects, color vision being one of those. I believe that may be a disqualifier.
          Originally posted by Theogre View Post
          dont worry about it,they make you see a specialist
          and you MUST make the weight ....no exceptions
          give about a 2lb over allowance only
          I also recently found out that I was colorblind, and asked the same question on this board, and the answer from Theorge was what I got, but dbacksrock is giving a different answer, anyone else have any insight on this topic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TP3 View Post
            I also recently found out that I was colorblind, and asked the same question on this board, and the answer from Theorge was what I got, but dbacksrock is giving a different answer, anyone else have any insight on this topic
            According to the web site "color vision" is a requirement...your best bet is to contact them and ask the question.

            Good Luck!

            Comment


            • According to website:

              Candidates from the 2009 Court Officer-Trainee Exam # 45-758 are currently being canvassed for NYC through rank 2648/Grade 91.7. If you are a candidate who has selected NYC as a work location preference with a grade of 91.7 or higher and did not receive a canvass letter, please contact (212) 428-5511 or [email protected].
              Last edited by Blackangel5288; 11-01-2010, 03:52 PM. Reason: error

              Comment


              • Good luck to everyone . How long will it be until the medical screening process begins ?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by workingon View Post
                  Good luck to everyone . How long will it be until the medical screening process begins ?
                  I imagine that will depend on your score and how many scored higher than you. People who have contacted the officer processing department have said the medical evaluations will begin in December.

                  Comment


                  • Just wanted to say hello to everyone, I also recieved my canvass letter for the NYC area. My list # is 3xx and I'm wondering when the process will begin and when will the next academy begin. I'm waiting for the next NYPD class as well under the promotional exam.
                    NYPD Promotional Exam #0517 List #x
                    Got the call @ 1330
                    To God be the glory....

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Blackangel5288 View Post
                      According to website:

                      Candidates from the 2009 Court Officer-Trainee Exam # 45-758 are currently being canvassed for NYC through rank 2648/Grade 91.7. If you are a candidate who has selected NYC as a work location preference with a grade of 91.7 or higher and did not receive a canvass letter, please contact (212) 428-5511 or [email protected].
                      My rank is 43XX ... 1700 spots away ... looks like I have a pretty good shot : )

                      Comment


                      • to those that are colorblind like myself there is hope, according to an email i received from the oca

                        "Color vision is required and if the color vision test is failed, you will be asked to take the Farnsworth-Munsell 100 Hue Test. The results of this will be reviewed by our medical facility and a determination will be made as to whether you pass or fail."

                        Comment


                        • Hello all! I'm new to this forum. I'm from central NYS and I got a 95 on the exam from Dec. 2009 and I ranked 524. Right now, I'm working on losing the weight. I have to get down to 185. Fortunately, with the diet and going to the gym, as of this Tuesday, I was down to 208, so it is working. I guess they're pretty strict on the weight/height requirement. I know they're canvassing for NYC right now as per the website. Has anyone else who hasn't put down NYC to be called heard anything or gotten a canvass letter?

                          Comment


                          • I put in for 3rd and 4th and nothing as of yet.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by POfc View Post
                              Hello all! I'm new to this forum. I'm from central NYS and I got a 95 on the exam from Dec. 2009 and I ranked 524. Right now, I'm working on losing the weight. I have to get down to 185. Fortunately, with the diet and going to the gym, as of this Tuesday, I was down to 208, so it is working. I guess they're pretty strict on the weight/height requirement. I know they're canvassing for NYC right now as per the website. Has anyone else who hasn't put down NYC to be called heard anything or gotten a canvass letter?
                              No other districts have began the canvassing process yet. What districts did you indicate for your availability?

                              Comment


                              • Hello everyone, I have list number, 3,3XX I had selected NYC as well as Nassau/Suffolk during my test. I know that NYC has canvassed and reached list number 2,800 or so. Are they going to continue to process and canvass more individuals or is it a waiting game for awhile now? Basically how long do you guys think before they are going to canvass more people and if they are going to? I appreciate the help, thanks.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7175 users online. 370 members and 6805 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X