300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OneShotThrill View Post
    Hey TP3 good to see you get this far hopefully well pass this last medical and be on our way
    yea man... I ll probably see you at the medical next week...good luck man, one step away from the academy!!!

Comment

• Will having surgery on the lower back for herniated discs be an automatic DQ ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvin911 View Post
        Will having surgery on the lower back for herniated discs be an automatic DQ ?
        I'm not sure anyone here would be able to answer that question with complete certainty. Also, your question not 100% sure if you mean, your going to have back surgery or if back surgery has already occurred?? But either way this information is straight from the recruitment website:
        Medical Examination
        Each candidate is required to be free of medical conditions which would impair his or her ability to effectively perform the duties of the position. Candidates are required to meet specific medical requirements at the time of the medical examination and at the time of appointment.

Musculoskeletal System
        Candidates must be free of musculoskeletal impairments which may affect job performance. Functional use of the arms, hands, legs, feet and back must be demonstrated at the time of the medical examination. Scoliosis (thoracolumbar) is disqualifying if the angle is greater than 20 degrees. If the history and/or physical examination suggests a low back disorder, lumbar spine x-rays will be conducted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
          From OCA....2014 test results to sent by mail by Oct. 1, 2015
          It said emailed fall of 2015. Now its by mail? Make up their mind!

Comment

From OCA....2014 test results to sent by mail by Oct. 1, 2015
            Hey Dinosaur how could I get a address change? I moved and took the test I thought the results were to be emailed?

Comment

• Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
              Hey Dinosaur how could I get a address change? I moved and took the test I thought the results were to be emailed?
              Results will be E-mail by October 1, is on the recruitment website good luck to all

Comment

• My apologies...I misread the OCA announcement........The test results will be emailed. Good luck to all who took the test.

Comment

• Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
                  It seems like the results will be emailed maybe both, who knows. If it all goes well for you, you still would want to keep your current address updated because of any correspondence you may receive in the future. Try this number/email address. I think this is what your looking for.

Rank/Grade/List Information/Address Changes)

Hotline: (866) 361-2637
                  E-Mail: [email protected]

Comment

My apologies...I misread the OCA announcement........The test results will be emailed. Good luck to all who took the test.
                    Has anyone heard anything else on an approximate date for the next NYC academy?

Comment

My apologies...I misread the OCA announcement........The test results will be emailed. Good luck to all who took the test.
                      No problem Dinosaur32, good luck to you and all

Comment

• If my recollection is correct, the Captain of the academy stated 5 sets of 20 three days a week. The run is absolutely 1.5 miles and will have to be done in no more than 13 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ish3000 View Post
                          From what I've read on this thread and from what was said during the physical ability test PT consist of push-ups, sit-ups, mountain climbers and there's running both group and individual runs. As far as how many reps/sets idk that info...someone mentioned a while back to be prepared to do 3 sets of 30 each.
                          If my recollection is correct, the Captain of the academy stated 5 sets of 20 three days a week. The run is absolutely 1.5 miles and will have to be done in no more than 13 minutes.

Comment

Has anyone heard anything else on an approximate date for the next NYC academy?
                            ISH, when did you meet with your BI? I met with mine back in May.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby_rodriquez View Post
                              ISH, when did you meet with your BI? I met with mine back in May.
                              Jan

Comment

Jan
                                Have you heard anything back yet from your BI?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11398 users online. 353 members and 11045 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X