Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question: does anyone know what the fitness/PT at the academy consists of? I'm already a fit person but I want to mentally and physically prepare myself. Even if it's years from now. Thank you!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Ish3000 View Post
      I went for my BI in January and I didn't get a letter, was called and emailed to setup my oral psych appointment.
      so they called and emailed you to set up the oral?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by rocky01977 View Post
        so they called and emailed you to set up the oral?
        Yes, first I received the call to schedule it. After it was scheduled, a few hours later he sent me a confirmation email with an attached letter giving me the time, date, location and instructions for my oral psych. Also, after I received the email, I had to call back confirming I received the email and attachment.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ChrisNYSCourts View Post
          Question: does anyone know what the fitness/PT at the academy consists of? I'm already a fit person but I want to mentally and physically prepare myself. Even if it's years from now. Thank you!
          From what I've read on this thread and from what was said during the physical ability test PT consist of push-ups, sit-ups, mountain climbers and there's running both group and individual runs. As far as how many reps/sets idk that info...someone mentioned a while back to be prepared to do 3 sets of 30 each.

          Comment


          • Ok cool. Thank you. I'm very curious about the runs. I guess we shall see or someone else can chime in.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by bklynproud View Post
              Hello everyone new to this forum, you do not get a letter from your oral psych test no news is good news you only get a letter if you fail the oral psych test. good luck to all
              Welcome, where are you in the process?

              Comment


              • Not in process yet I took the recent test on October 18, I have a friend that is a nys court officer I am a former nyc corrections now living in Florida working in law enforcement if all go well my plan is moving back to ny

                Comment


                • Originally posted by bklynproud View Post
                  Not in process yet I took the recent test on October 18, I have a friend that is a nys court officer I am a former nyc corrections now living in Florida working in law enforcement if all go well my plan is moving back to ny
                  Got it, good luck!

                  Comment


                  • Does anyone know how much time is between the written psych/PAT/Investigator and getting called for the next step?

                    Comment


                    • For all those upstate candidates the next and final class from list 45-758 will begin September 8th. Goodluck to everybody.

                      Comment


                      • Thank you lsh3000, good luck in your process you are almost there

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by nyscourt1986 View Post
                          For all those upstate candidates the next and final class from list 45-758 will begin September 8th. Goodluck to everybody.
                          There was mention of another NYC class a few pages back. It would make sense seeing that a lot of people just started their background investigation which can take a while.

                          Edit: Just re-read your post. Are you saying it's the final class (both NYC and upstate) or the final upstate class?
                          Last edited by homers54321; 07-14-2015, 04:48 PM.

                          Comment


                          • I wonder how much time between the pre appointment medical and the actual academy start date?
                            Last edited by OneShotThrill; 07-14-2015, 06:29 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by homers54321 View Post
                              There was mention of another NYC class a few pages back. It would make sense seeing that a lot of people just started their background investigation which can take a while.

                              Edit: Just re-read your post. Are you saying it's the final class (both NYC and upstate) or the final upstate class?
                              Sounds like the final upstate academy...probably one more in NYC from that test.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by homers54321 View Post
                                There was mention of another NYC class a few pages back. It would make sense seeing that a lot of people just started their background investigation which can take a while.

                                Edit: Just re-read your post. Are you saying it's the final class (both NYC and upstate) or the final upstate class?
                                Please be advised that an upstate recruit class will commence on September 8, 2015. This will be the last upstate class from List #45-758.

                                This was sent to me via Email. I don't know anything about the NYC class. Which is why i said for those upstate recruits.
                                Last edited by nyscourt1986; 07-14-2015, 07:15 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9961 users online. 514 members and 9447 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X