Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those wondering I heard from an academy instructor today that the next class will be Upstate on Sept 8th. They are waiting to hear a start date for the next NYC class

Comment

• Originally posted by New Job View Post
      For those wondering I heard from an academy instructor today that the next class will be Upstate on Sept 8th. They are waiting to hear a start date for the next NYC class
      How are selections made for the academy? Is it a general list and once your name is reached you would have to accept the academy regardless of geographical preference? Or, only NYC applicants go to NYC academy and upstate applicants go to upstate academy?
      Last edited by Ish3000; 07-10-2015, 12:22 AM. Reason: My reply didn't post o_0

Comment

• Originally posted by Rush1869 View Post
        How long does it take to reach top pay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        9 years give or take it can vary a little based on when your hired as you have to have a certain # of days worked by April to get your next pay bump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ish3000 View Post
          How are selections made for the academy? Is it a general list and once your name is reached you would have to accept the academy regardless of geographical preference? Or, only NYC applicants go to NYC academy and upstate applicants go to upstate academy?
          While I can't comment on the process I've seen classes with a small percentage of the upstate class goes downstate and vice versa.

Comment

I was ready to go for the last New York City Academy and I live in New York City but I applied for upstate and they skipped me over to place me in an upstate Academy

Comment

• Are the academies sleep in?

Comment

• Originally posted by wtfisakwyjibo View Post
                While I can't comment on the process I've seen classes with a small percentage of the upstate class goes downstate and vice versa.
                Ok makes sense thank you

Originally posted by OneShotThrill View Post
                I was ready to go for the last New York City Academy and I live in New York City but I applied for upstate and they skipped me over to place me in an upstate Academy
                Your almost there then....just a couple more months.

Comment

I'm currently waiting for the pre appointment medical exam I guess. I took and passed my oral pysch in April.
                  Originally posted by OneShotThrill View Post
                  Same here..patiently waiting since March. Sometimes its mental torture to me because I feel so close but yet so far. And I hate my current job at this point.
                  Did you guys receive a letter saying you passed the oral? I still haven't heard back since April

Comment

• Originally posted by homers54321 View Post
                    Did you guys receive a letter saying you passed the oral? I still haven't heard back since April
                    I called the court officer processing and medical screening unit about a month after taking it. Spoke to the gentlemen that orginally scheduled my pysch and he informed me I passed.

Comment

• Originally posted by homers54321 View Post
                      I never got a letter but from what I hear they only send out DQ's. Theyre just waiting to schedule the pre appointment medicals.

Comment

I called the court officer processing and medical screening unit about a month after taking it. Spoke to the gentlemen that orginally scheduled my pysch and he informed me I passed.
                        So you never got a letter neither?

Comment

• Originally posted by OneShotThrill View Post
                          So you never got a letter neither?
                          No, never received anything from them. I wouldn't know till this day if it wasn't for my call inquiring about it. So there must be truth to what you heard.

Comment

• If you go upstate they put you in a hotel from Sunday through Thursday. You check out for Friday and Saturday and check back in on Sundays. If you stay for the weekend that will be on your dime.

Originally posted by Rush1869 View Post
                            Are the academies sleep in?

Comment

• Originally posted by New Job View Post
                              For those wondering I heard from an academy instructor today that the next class will be Upstate on Sept 8th. They are waiting to hear a start date for the next NYC class
                              I hope thats true

Comment

• Hate to be that guy.. Anyone know right off hand how far down the last list they got? I thought I read something that it was almost exhausted? Just wondering to get an idea for where I and the guys from the 13' testers stand. Thanks!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7008 users online. 230 members and 6778 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X