Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    Hello all. Recently I failed, for the second time, the aerobic step portion of the physical agility which dq's me. Just wondering if anyone know if there is a way around this decision. I only ask because I am in good shape and feel like I could have gone on for another 10 minutes. Another point is out or the 20 or so candidates taking the retest only my group of 5 failed and we were the first up. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    Comment


    • What do u do for the aerobic step portion? Is that like a 3 min step test or something with a metronome?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Rush1869 View Post
        What do u do for the aerobic step portion? Is that like a 3 min step test or something with a metronome?


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        5 mins. 96 BPM. But your pulse needs to pass after the test


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • Oh ok.. Basically same as nys doc except for longer


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • Hello all,

            First time poster and have read most of the thread in the shadows....I would like to thank all who have contributed to this thread for so many years; lots of valuable information(although some is obtainable through the recruitment website, lol). With that being said, like most I'm patiently waiting to hear something....Anyone have any credible news on the next academy? Also, is anyone aware of the status of the new academy being built in Brooklyn? Last I heard it was suppose to be complete sometime this year.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Believe View Post
              Hello all. Recently I failed, for the second time, the aerobic step portion of the physical agility which dq's me. Just wondering if anyone know if there is a way around this decision. I only ask because I am in good shape and feel like I could have gone on for another 10 minutes. Another point is out or the 20 or so candidates taking the retest only my group of 5 failed and we were the first up. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.


              sorry to hear do you know what your pulse needs to be after the step up test in order to pass???

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Rush1869 View Post
                I'd imagine downstate pay also... The raise would be across the board for everyone and those working down state should also get the downstate increase.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Starting pay is JG-16 ~45,000 location is another ~3,800 for downstate.

                After two years you go to line 18 which is 49,995 + location pay. Top pay is ~67,000 + location and longevity bonuses way down the line.

                We are still waiting for a contract so this could all change but I wouldn't hold your breath.

                Comment


                • Any OTJ guys know what the final medical consists of?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by OneShotThrill View Post
                    Any OTJ guys know what the final medical consists of?
                    I'm not OTJ, but by the final medical I'm guessing you mean the pre-appointment medical exam? If so, it consists of everything you did during your full medical in exception to the chest X-ray.*

                    *If it's been more then a year from the date of your full medical, you would have to redo the chest X-ray.
                    Last edited by Ish3000; 07-09-2015, 06:24 PM. Reason: Adding text

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Ish3000 View Post
                      Hello all,

                      First time poster and have read most of the thread in the shadows....I would like to thank all who have contributed to this thread for so many years; lots of valuable information(although some is obtainable through the recruitment website, lol). With that being said, like most I'm patiently waiting to hear something....Anyone have any credible news on the next academy? Also, is anyone aware of the status of the new academy being built in Brooklyn? Last I heard it was suppose to be complete sometime this year.
                      Mind if I ask which step you are up to?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by homers54321 View Post
                        Mind if I ask which step you are up to?
                        I'm currently waiting for the pre appointment medical exam I guess. I took and passed my oral pysch in April.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Ish3000 View Post
                          I'm not OTJ, but by the final medical I'm guessing you mean the pre-appointment medical exam? If so, it consists of everything you did during your full medical in exception to the chest X-ray.*

                          *If it's been more then a year from the date of your full medical, you would have to redo the chest X-ray.
                          I thought so ..was just curious.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Ish3000 View Post
                            I'm currently waiting for the pre appointment medical exam I guess. I took and passed my oral pysch in April.
                            Same here..patiently waiting since March. Sometimes its mental torture to me because I feel so close but yet so far. And I hate my current job at this point.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by OneShotThrill View Post
                              Same here..patiently waiting since March. Sometimes its mental torture to me because I feel so close but yet so far. And I hate my current job at this point.
                              I feel your pain all the way....but hey the job seems to be worth it, so I'll take the wait w the anxiousness that accompanies it everyday.

                              Comment


                              • How long does it take to reach top pay?


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12862 users online. 471 members and 12391 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X