Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have alot of previous employment so I expect I will be in this land a looooooooong time.

Comment

• Originally posted by PetitBeaute View Post
      me too!
      Do we meet with the investigators after the PAT also? I have mine tomorrow and I was told that after the PAT (providing you pass) you do the written psychological and then meet with the investigator after. Is next weeks meeting with the investigator the first time you will be meeting him/her?

Comment

• Yes, there were no investigators on hand for us to meet with yesterday.
        Originally posted by SSOLI View Post
        Do we meet with the investigators after the PAT also? I have mine tomorrow and I was told that after the PAT (providing you pass) you do the written psychological and then meet with the investigator after. Is next weeks meeting with the investigator the first time you will be meeting him/her?

Comment

Yes, there were no investigators on hand for us to meet with yesterday.
          Oh wow. Did they give the written psychological after the PAT though?? About how long were you there?

Comment

• yes they did. Finished that quickly so about till 6pm but it could have easily been 7pm.
            Oh wow. Did they give the written psychological after the PAT though?? About how long were you there?

Comment

yes they did. Finished that quickly so about till 6pm but it could have easily been 7pm.
              Thanks for the info! Looks like I better bring some food haha. Good luck with the rest if the process.

Comment

• YES! You must bring food and don't drink any caffeine that morning because your first exam may be heart rate!
                Thanks for the info! Looks like I better bring some food haha. Good luck with the rest if the process.

Comment

• Thanks! Seems like most people have trouble with the step test...I would of thought the hand steadiness test would of been the one the most people failed

Comment

• Originally posted by Monkeyboy49 View Post
                    Hey Protector, I did my PAT yesterday and thought I did well. I was in shock when I was told I would have to retry one of the tests and that I would find out which one via mail. For some reason I suspect it might be the heart rate from the step-up test, because I can't think of any other test that I didn't perform well. My question is do you know what the required standards for the heart rate are and how I could improve on that for the retry? I agree, the testers were total professionals in my view. Thanks.
                    I really do not know what the standards are for the step test. From what I understand, it measures your hearts recovery rate. I have been told the best way to prepare and improve is to do wind sprints.

Good luck...

Comment

• good luck to all those who will be taking the pat with me today!

Comment

• Good luck!
                        Originally posted by nyscourt1986 View Post
                        good luck to all those who will be taking the pat with me today!

Comment

I have alot of previous employment so I expect I will be in this land a looooooooong time.
                          The more job history, tickets, summonses etc, the longer the process takes. If you've had one job your whole life with no tickets, summonses etc, it will go quicker.

Comment

• Hello all.

I had taken the PAT on 6/4 and passed. It was pretty much what I had expected and appreciate the support each of the candidates had in pushing each other to succeed.

I am hopeful for all the candidates who passed yesterday and hope the best to those who may need to retake or choose to move on in another career.

That being said , I would like to address an obvious misunderstanding of a posting I made on 5/8/15. A friend took the PAT and did not pass. By her account she believed she was not tested properly. This was her account not mine!! I only asked question. Forum member Protector343 you posted a comment that you find my comments incredible? Please read my question again. The Court Officers who administered the test are absolutely the most professional and dignified group to meet when I took the PAT. I know quite a few officers myself and they are without a doubt models of what the profession is all about. I have to say I find your comments Protector 343 do not reflect what I said. Again read my question. I did not say I had a problem with the tester? I am only asking because I am not sure. Also another comment was made by forum member Kabbage about my question. Kabbage your comment said "I should not go around telling others that I had problems with the testers.
                            I am not going around telling others that I have problems with the testers! Again read my question. These Court Officers are some of the finest and I am looking forward to working under them, and learning and being trained by them. Mistakes happen in this process. They are not intentional or malicious they just happen. Giving people the benefit of the doubt is important. There is no judgement against anyone, That is why I posted my question.

I don't know you folks, but I do know and believe you are all the best in my estimation in pursuing this career and I would look forward to working side by side with any of you. Please know that and I will say again..

All the best to all the candidates who are moving forward in this process. To you protector343, and to you as well Kabbage.

Comment

• CAEX727. Thanks for the response. Met with the Investigator but won't have to hand in the questionnaire until 6/16 in formal meeting. Going to get it done asap.

Comment

• Congratulations Law-And-Order1 !
                                Get that paperwork notarized and read the paperwork thoroughly, there are always pitfalls to fall in.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11315 users online. 437 members and 10878 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X