300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by protector343 View Post
    Problems with a tester? I know who the testers are and each of them are consummate professionals. I find your comments incredible... Seems to be a sign of the times, someone fails a test and immediately they want to blame the equipment or the person administering the test. Maybe, just maybe their heart rate was outside the required standards.... Anyway, good luck to everyone....

Truth. Also, those 'testers' are your academy instructors, so I wouldn't go around saying you have problems with them, especially while you're going through the process

Comment

• The only people I witnessed who had trouble with them are those who didn't follow instruction and I believe its a personality assessment as well as any Physical. I didn't know they were instructors but i picked up on that quickly.

Comment

• I did well! Make sure you exercise your core as well, I saw many people have trouble with sit ups. and ALWAYS listen to direction and do not take that lightly.

Comment

• Hey, Anyone who passed the PAT yesterday and waiting to meet an investigator next week?

Comment

• Originally posted by PetitBeaute View Post
            I did well! Make sure you exercise your core as well, I saw many people have trouble with sit ups. and ALWAYS listen to direction and do not take that lightly.
            Thanks for the info ! Congrats to you! Best of luck for the rest of the process!

Comment

• I passed it yesterday and scheduled to meet investigator on the 13th

Comment

• Hey Protector, I did my PAT yesterday and thought I did well. I was in shock when I was told I would have to retry one of the tests and that I would find out which one via mail. For some reason I suspect it might be the heart rate from the step-up test, because I can't think of any other test that I didn't perform well. My question is do you know what the required standards for the heart rate are and how I could improve on that for the retry? I agree, the testers were total professionals in my view. Thanks.

Comment

• Petit, I'm still in shock that I was told I would have to retry one of the tests. I have no idea what I did wrong, but will find out soon enough. I have a feeling it was the heart rate, because that's the one where I really didn't know what they were looking for. Best of luck to you

Comment

• Way to go, Nick. I was the guy in red shorts and black t-shirt. I was told I have to retry one of the tests, and I was totally surprised by it. Not sure which one it was, but they will let me know. I suspect it was the heart rate, since I have no idea what the parameters were for that test. Good luck moving forward.

Comment

• I just want my test results from the last exam, just want to know how I did. Anyone have any new info?
                      currently employed by The State of NY

Comment

• Originally posted by Monkeyboy49 View Post
                        Hey Protector, I did my PAT yesterday and thought I did well. I was in shock when I was told I would have to retry one of the tests and that I would find out which one via mail. For some reason I suspect it might be the heart rate from the step-up test, because I can't think of any other test that I didn't perform well. My question is do you know what the required standards for the heart rate are and how I could improve on that for the retry? I agree, the testers were total professionals in my view. Thanks.
                        The standard changes based upon a couple of factors, but if it was the step test that you failed, the letter should say what your target should be. Straight cardio should fix the issue, just start running often and practicing good breathing techniques to keep your heart in check

Comment

• Thanks. I have been practicing the step test at the gym which helped but I thought I failed as my heart rate was higher than I expected. I have searched online for parameters on what is considered passing but couldn't find anything. The instructers were very nice and capable in my opinion.

Comment

• me too!
                            Originally posted by nick_geomel View Post
                            I passed it yesterday and scheduled to meet investigator on the 13th

Comment

• Congratulations to all who passed the P.A.T!

Welcome to the Background Investigation, where days seem like weeks and weeks like years
                              Well, for some, for others it will go through quickly.
                              Best of luck to everyone.
                              Last edited by HopeFloats; 06-04-2015, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
                                The standard changes based upon a couple of factors, but if it was the step test that you failed, the letter should say what your target should be. Straight cardio should fix the issue, just start running often and practicing good breathing techniques to keep your heart in check
                                Thanks, Kabbage. Appreciate the feedback, I'm a little frustrated and surprised but will go hard to fix that if that was the one. Thanks, again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8868 users online. 310 members and 8558 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X