Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class from the new list is just pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking. Just about April and the grades have not yet been released. If there is another class this summer it will be off the current list.

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmydog
      I'm hoping for a July class I couldn't care less about the weather I'm not worried about the list anymore they told me at my pre med since I'm starting hiring process (pre medical full medical etc..) I won't be out of luck when our 2009 list expires I'm just hoping the economy doesn't take a nose dive before they make another academy
      They can 100% get rid of this list without hiring everybody, let any anybody, who just started the process. I don't even know if I'm gonna proceed with this, list number is 12,000, I don't want to miss out on work and spend big money on background investigation/fingerprinting etc. when my chances are probably 0.
      '

Comment

• I received a premed email, however when I reply to confirm I didn't get a reply back, has this happened to anyone else? I called and left message also

Comment

• Hey everyone,

Like quite a few people on here I received my canvass letter the end of October, and received my conditional-appointment letter the end of January telling me to anticipate further notice in February for pre-med. Ran out and got Lasik and have been working out like a fiend, I'm Certification 12,1XX so here's to staying optimistic and focused! Thanks for all the great information, this thread is quite a resource!

Question: What is the difference between Certification number and Rank number?
          Last edited by Guava85; 03-26-2015, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• I
            Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
            Class from the new list is just pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking. Just about April and the grades have not yet been released. If there is another class this summer it will be off the current list.
            Dinosaur is right . As I have said before if they want to put in a class in June or July how could they from the new list if it takes a candidate approx 5-12 months to complete the whole process . My BI took 5 months to complete after constant following up with my investigator

Comment

• A friend of mine that entered the academy in this past February class told me he started his pre-med in November, that's a pretty quick turnaround...guess it really all depends case by case.

Comment

• Could anybody who took the full medical give a brief summary of exactly what you do?

Comment

• Originally posted by steve5 View Post
                  Could anybody who took the full medical give a brief summary of exactly what you do?
                  Same test you did for the pre med over again. Drug test, they take 2 blood samples, they put you inthis sound proof booth for a hearing test, you blow into this machine for as long as possible (test your lung capacity, and then a xray.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guava85 View Post
                    A friend of mine that entered the academy in this past February class told me he started his pre-med in November, that's a pretty quick turnaround...guess it really all depends case by case.
                    Yup, for example; if you've only gone to 1 school, had 1 job with no tickets or arrests, for all your life, usually the younger guys, then yes your background will be done sooner.

Comment

• Hey wats up guys Ive been lurking here for a while and reading this board but this is my first official post. I started this whole process last March when I first got the canvass letter. I had my pre med last June. Full Med in August. Failed the vision. Went and got Lasik. Passed the retest. Took and passed the the PAT and took the written Psych in the same day in December. Started my background investigation not even a week later. Finished my background in February. Then finally had my psych interview yesterday. Im just waitin to see if Im eligible for the next step. I see alot of guys asking questions about this expedited process that seems to be taking place the last few months so if you have any questions about what to expect please ask away..

Comment

• J
                        Originally posted by OneShotThrill View Post
                        Hey wats up guys Ive been lurking here for a while and reading this board but this is my first official post. I started this whole process last March when I first got the canvass letter. I had my pre med last June. Full Med in August. Failed the vision. Went and got Lasik. Passed the retest. Took and passed the the PAT and took the written Psych in the same day in December. Started my background investigation not even a week later. Finished my background in February. Then finally had my psych interview yesterday. Im just waitin to see if Im eligible for the next step. I see alot of guys asking questions about this expedited process that seems to be taking place the last few months so if you have any questions about what to expect please ask away..

Thats great All you have left is your final medical .

Comment

• Wow long journey, but you almost there

Comment

• They had court officer candidates in Albany at EHS last week, I don't know what that means for you guys just letting you guys know.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
                              They had court officer candidates in Albany at EHS last week, I don't know what that means for you guys just letting you guys know.
                              Yea I had to go up to Albany yesterday...im waiting for the next upstate academy

Comment

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
                                J

Thats great All you have left is your final medical .
                                Yea lets hope brother but honestly im pretty nervous about the psych interview results...to me it was the worst part of this long process

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9192 users online. 244 members and 8948 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X