Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good point Rank and File, from what I am hearing from my friend in the Academy and also on this thread you are made to stay in a push up position for long periods and from there doing mountain climbers and push ups again and again and again. Plank training is excellent for endurance, Search you tube there are some great workouts to follow. All the best to present and future candidates.

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmydog
      Anybody have an idea about the next academy? I heard Maybe July or September
      That's around the time the 2014 list is supposed to be certified so if they were going to get in 1 last class from the previous test, that would be the time..

Comment

• Shimmydog, I am with you on that.The sooner the better.The warmer weather is better for training and getting through what will prove to be a grueling Academy. If its June or July it gives those of us in the process more than enough time to prepare. I would think all of the present processing would be done by June or July. A fall Academy seems too far into the year. Then again the city does what it pleases, and it will again give more time for preparation. Either way the best to all present and future candidates.

Comment

• Question : Would an Academy or could an Academy class consist of candidates from 2 different tests. 2009 and 2014 test candidates?Has it happened before? Any veterans who know I would appreciate your input. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• I agree with both of you, the sooner the better, im not getting any younger

Comment

• Your going to be alright HopeFloats. Keep on training its all worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Law-And-Order1 View Post
                Question : Would an Academy or could an Academy class consist of candidates from 2 different tests. 2009 and 2014 test candidates?Has it happened before? Any veterans who know I would appreciate your input. Thanks in advance.
                Generally no, but it did happen when hiring finally started on the 2009 list. If you read back you'd see why this is probably more the exception than the rule, there were some extenuating circumstances with a group of people from the previous exam.

Comment

• I appreciate the response Kabbage. I am a little familiar with the 2005 test candidates with the 2009 list. Not as much as some on the inside loop of the matter though. That being said, in general it is possible that 2 candidates from 2 different test lists can quite possibly be in the same Academy. More the exception though than the rule. Very Interesting.

Comment

• Has anyone here had issues with COT and them asking to resend your signed letter of availability for the JD you were canvassed for??
                    The first time i sent it November they received it but never coded it in stating i was available. I sent it a 2nd time in January and received an email from them stating they received my inquiry. Today i received a email marked urgent please send a signed letter of your availability for the JD you were canvassed for.
                    When i called and asked what was going on the informed me that the person who is in charge of pre-medical/medical processing requested my information but they couldn't find it. So i guess i will be getting a letter from them soon with a date for my pre-med.

This hurry up and wait game is frustrating ;/

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmydog
                      I marked down my jd when I originally took the exam in 09 when they sent me a canvass letter it had the jd I picked on it I haven't had any problems I email them with questions and the respond withing a day or two I'm taking my full medical April 8th

As did i. I actually marked down a couple JD's but i was canvassed for 2 of my selections in October. I had to pick one, which i did. I sent my reply in promptly after i received my canvass letter. For some reason they never coded me in the first time i sent it. I sent it in a 2nd time and today they asked for it again.

I was told i will be scheduled for my pre-medical in May. Am i waisting my time getting excited to start this long lengthy process in May when supposedly the last class from this list is expected to start in July?

Then i ask myself why would they even bother to start the process if they dont intend on giving me a chance to go through all the steps of being hired? Im confused. Anyone with some insight your input is appreciated.

Comment

• nyscourt1986. You mention that your premed was going to be in May. Thats interesting considering the process involved. No you are not wasting your time,it may well be that the next class may be further along than early or mid summer. Stay with it. Follow through with all the process. If they have scheduled you it could only be a matter of time. Patience. All the best to all present and future candidates.

Comment

• I have a pending moving violation from jan 2013. Would that effect my progress in the background check? Should i just plead guilty and pay the ticket... I pass my full med and schedule for physical may 6th.

Thanks for the advice in advance

Comment

• The moving violation is cellphone while driving

Comment

• Originally posted by gotti109 View Post
                              I have a pending moving violation from jan 2013. Would that effect my progress in the background check? Should i just plead guilty and pay the ticket... I pass my full med and schedule for physical may 6th.

Thanks for the advice in advance
                              I have one of those too, my investigator didnt even mention it, make sure to list it though.

Comment

• Originally posted by HopeFloats View Post
                                I have one of those too, my investigator didnt even mention it, make sure to list it though.
                                Thanks for the advice, i def will.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8317 users online. 213 members and 8104 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X