Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I can tell you straight out that 193bpm will fail you. You're better off in the 150ish range.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
      I can tell you straight out that 193bpm will fail you. You're better off in the 150ish range.
      I think your right Kabbage! 193bpm would be off the charts, mine was bouncing around the 118-123 range when they took the reading.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by HopeFloats View Post
        I think your right Kabbage! 193bpm would be off the charts, mine was bouncing around the 118-123 range when they took the reading.
        For moderate-intensity physical activity, your target heart rate zone should be 50%-75% of your maximum heart rate. For example. im 28

        220-28=192bpm (MAX)

        196X.50= 96 bpm
        196X.75= 144 bpm

        Hopefloats, do they use the metronome after the bicycle exercise as well??

        Comment


        • Originally posted by nyscourt1986 View Post
          Hopefloats, do they use the metronome after the bicycle exercise as well??
          No, only for the step test.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by HopeFloats View Post
            No, only for the step test.

            Thanks for all your input its greatly appreciated. The info on the COT page is very vague and when i call noone seems to answer.

            The arm endurance, leg lift, pull-up trainer, arm lift and sit ups. How are you scored? Is it by the amount of reps you do within the time frame? How long do they make you hold the fire arm for the arm steadiness test?

            Once again sorry if these questions have been asked and answered. Also if there is a website with standards for this test that would be appreciated as well.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by nyscourt1986 View Post
              Thanks for all your input its greatly appreciated. The info on the COT page is very vague and when i call noone seems to answer.

              The arm endurance, leg lift, pull-up trainer, arm lift and sit ups. How are you scored? Is it by the amount of reps you do within the time frame? How long do they make you hold the fire arm for the arm steadiness test?

              Once again sorry if these questions have been asked and answered. Also if there is a website with standards for this test that would be appreciated as well.
              No sweat, its tough to go through 207 pages for specific info.
              The arm endurance, sit ups & bike are timed, how many reps in a minute, the arm steadiness was 30 seconds or 1 minute dont recall, the leg lift and arm lift are static, so you pull till your told to stop. It all sounds so basic, but it is tough if you dont come in properly motivated, also their scoring is a mystery as you dont get told what are the cut offs, they just let you know in the end if you passed or not.
              Last edited by HopeFloats; 02-25-2015, 07:52 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by HopeFloats View Post
                My associate who took the pre-screen medical with me, had to come back due to the vision test, he wears glasses to see, im guessing if you just need them to read you might pass the vision test, they will let you know your results same day and advise what to do to correct the situation.
                for vision you need no worse than 20/70 uncorrected with both eyes for near and far.... no worse than 20/100 in weakest eye and no worse than 20/40 in strongest eye for near vision tests.

                Comment


                • Hello all, went to the pre-med on Monday and passed everything but the vision. Something did not seem right with the testing. I was told I needed Lasik surgery and did not understand why. I have never needed glasses and only this year began using the lowest grade cheapies from CVS or Duane Reade glasses to read. Long story short I went to a specialist who does lassie and was completely tested. Results were I have 20/20 vision. The doctor specifically told me he believes I was tested incorrectly. I should have known when at the testing I was asked to read for distance with my reading glasses??? but you want to comply and try to follow protocol.. Right?

                  Comment


                  • Anyway was advised to call and ask for retest and or ask if an Independent professional can submit test results. Bottom line I do not need Lasik which is no surprise and will be making my calls tomorrow.

                    Comment


                    • You will know on the same day.

                      Comment


                      • Glad you just didnt blindly obey and commit to unnecessary surgery, your testers are human and make mistakes, hopefully you wont have to wait long for a retest.

                        Comment


                        • The Lasik specialist advised me to inquire if an Independent Dr could submit required tests. Either way I am moving forward and going to take that retest. All the best to those who have moved on to the full med test.

                          Comment


                          • Thanks Hope Floats!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jt4791 View Post
                              We're gonna be OC sprayed? Lol. I've always wondered what that felt like. That's gonna suck lol!
                              Getting sprayed with OC does suck. Watching fellow recruits get sprayed only adds to the anxiety when you see how they react.

                              Comment


                              • Not Strange at all. Expect more paperwork in the mail confirming that E-mail.
                                All the best.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5616 users online. 230 members and 5386 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X