300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HopeFloats View Post
    Im gonna start getting ready for that; by spraying myself in the face with pepper spray every morning!

Im kidding

I was thinking that but the more I think about it the less fun it sounds lol. Maybe I'll buy some really hot peppers and rub it on my face. I'll see if it has any exfoliating properties lol!
    Last edited by Jt4791; 02-25-2015, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PetitBeaute View Post
      Congrats! how was the vision portion if you don't mind telling?
      You look into a black box they ask you to read certain lines. Then they test your peripheral vision, you have to tell them whether you see a light on the left or right or both sides

Comment

• Nycpoorest.....Release of your grades is the beginning of a process. Expiration of the current list can be held up as long as OCA wants. New list may take until early 2016 to be ready for use.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
          Nycpoorest.....Release of your grades is the beginning of a process. Expiration of the current list can be held up as long as OCA wants. New list may take until early 2016 to be ready for use.
          Thank you sir

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
            Hopefully June so we can pick our Jds and get called by July
            Are you talking about the most recent exam?
            "Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch out after you wear them awhile."

Comment

• Originally posted by honestabels View Post
              Are you talking about the most recent exam?
              I'm hoping but highly doubt it. I hope at least they start processing by the end of 2015

Comment

• Hi to all here, this is my first time posting. I have been reading this religiously for months now to stay up to date. Im from the 09' class and received my notice of selection a couple of months ago. Still waiting to hear on a date for Pre Med. One thing I still cannot understand is the box step in the PAT. Needing your heart rate to recover from that after 5min routine seems damn near impossible! Even my trainer says that may be difficult for professional athletes. Is there something I'm missing here? Is it not a "Full Recover" that's needed?

Comment

• Or to anyone here who has taken and passed the PAT, do you feel like your heart rate went back to a resting rate after the 30sec time frame?

Comment

• Originally posted by nicholas.wathen View Post
                    Hi to all here, this is my first time posting. I have been reading this religiously for months now to stay up to date. Im from the 09' class and received my notice of selection a couple of months ago. Still waiting to hear on a date for Pre Med. One thing I still cannot understand is the box step in the PAT. Needing your heart rate to recover from that after 5min routine seems damn near impossible! Even my trainer says that may be difficult for professional athletes. Is there something I'm missing here? Is it not a "Full Recover" that's needed?
                    Having taken the test and passed, i dont believe a full recovery is needed, just an acceptable heart rate for your age, this is how it goes;
                    You just step up and down on a 15 inch high box, to a metronome (not sure what speed it set for, a brisk pace) for 5 minutes straight, after that you sit down on the box for 30 seconds holding a device that records your heart rate. Im not sure what formula they use to calculate acceptable heart rate, but im guessing its the old standby; 220 minus your age gives you your maximum heart rate. If it passes a certain range you are disqualified.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmydog
                      The pre medical was pretty simple taking my medical April 8th in Manhattan it's nice to know I don't have to worry about this list expiring anymore lol
                      Good News Shimmydog

Comment

Or to anyone here who has taken and passed the PAT, do you feel like your heart rate went back to a resting rate after the 30sec time frame?
                        Yes, if you are in some sort of shape your heart rate will drastically go down in 30 seconds.

Comment

• Well boy if that's the case, 193 bpm seems like no issue at all. Working out every day I don't think I get over 180, and my trainer works me!! It def does help, thank you very much

Comment

Well boy if that's the case, 193 bpm seems like no issue at all. Working out every day I don't think I get over 180, and my trainer works me!! It def does help, thank you very much
                            Concentrate on your cardio, im no fitness guru but i can tell you what worked for me; practicing the exact same exercise (the step test) 3 or 4 times a day on top of working out and cardio every other day till the physical agility test.

Comment

• Absolutely will, thanks!

Comment

Absolutely will, thanks!
                                Good Luck, your motivation seems on point

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7212 users online. 382 members and 6830 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X