300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Law-And-Order1 View Post
    Question about the pre-med, I am about 10 pounds short of the required weight... My job takes a toll on my body sometimes not eating for long periods during the day. Is it a factor over and under and by how much? Otherwise I am extremely fit.
    Under doesnt matter, its the over thats all important, im sure you will be fine

Comment

• Copy on that..HopeFloats! Thanks

Comment

• Copy on that HopeFloats. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by protector343 View Post
          More like 5 men 2 women
          Oh ok ,I guess the Number was Correct just not the ratio .

Comment

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
            Women tend to be more sensitive than men so all the yelling and aggressiveness I guess affect them more hence the 6 to 1 ratio .
            I'd backtrack on this if I were you. Plenty of women on our job who can set the most unruly people straight.

Comment

• 7 people out after the first couple of days of a class that size sounds about right. Getting yelled at and a brutal PT session isn't for everybody

Comment

• Im sure those 7 people that rang out; did that on the PT assessment. Im not in the academy, but im figuring on that particular day is when the weaker ones get seperated from the herd.

Comment

• Oh believe me I don't doubt that . I was speaking on the whole . There are some very thick skinned women for sure .

Comment

• If they quit early enough, those spots could possible be filled back up by recruits, we had a couple get the call saying to show up with all equipment by the next morning

Comment

• Hi everybody, finally got canvassed for Suffolk County and my pre-screening is set for this Thursday. Question: My contact told me via e-mail that my vision test will be given with corrective lenses and without corrective lenses. I asked him if I had to get LASIK surgery before the vision test and he answered vaguely, saying after your test you will know if you need it or not. So does this mean at the pre-screening they will tell me if I need to get LASIK and then I would go ahead with the surgery? If anyone can give me an answer I would appreciate it, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by wtfisakwyjibo View Post
                        The academy is hard as you make it.
                        Did you go in without the ability to do 30+ push ups? Did you go in unable to run a few miles? Well that's your fault people have been saying get in shape and you have had plenty of time to do so.
                        Was the yelling too much? Do you know what this job entails? Dealing with the public, and inmates during some of the lowest points in their lives. If you and hack it a week in the academy you would never make it to retirement.
                        The longest I've ever ran in my life was a 1/4 mile in High School, now I could probably run about 100 yrds. I better start hitting the track

Comment

• Originally posted by Monkeyboy49 View Post
                          Hi everybody, finally got canvassed for Suffolk County and my pre-screening is set for this Thursday. Question: My contact told me via e-mail that my vision test will be given with corrective lenses and without corrective lenses. I asked him if I had to get LASIK surgery before the vision test and he answered vaguely, saying after your test you will know if you need it or not. So does this mean at the pre-screening they will tell me if I need to get LASIK and then I would go ahead with the surgery? If anyone can give me an answer I would appreciate it, thanks.
                          My associate who took the pre-screen medical with me, had to come back due to the vision test, he wears glasses to see, im guessing if you just need them to read you might pass the vision test, they will let you know your results same day and advise what to do to correct the situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monkeyboy49 View Post
                            The longest I've ever ran in my life was a 1/4 mile in High School, now I could probably run about 100 yrds. I better start hitting the track
                            Get cracking
                            That one and a half mile run has to be done in less than ten minute miles, which can be super hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by HopeFloats View Post
                              Get cracking
                              That one and a half mile run has to be done in less than ten minute miles, which can be super hard.
                              ... Thanks for the reply on the vision test. Might as well throw this one out there also. I'm about 3-5 lbs over the weight limit, is there any leeway at all as far as the weight restrictions?

Comment

• Don't risk any leeway... 3-5 pounds you should be able knock off with a good jog around the track and a good morning BM

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6414 users online. 283 members and 6131 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X