Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's crazy!

Comment

• Do they allow, you to be over the weight by a little or are they strict?

Comment

• You cannot be overweight , you Need to be height and weight proportionate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Safetyman View Post
          It never ceases to amaze me how some people go through this lengthy and sometimes difficult process, just to give up the first few days. What a tremendous waste of time. Not to mention the fact that they just occupied a spot that someone else could've had.

Women tend to be more sensitive than men so all the yelling and aggressiveness I guess affect them more hence the 6 to 1 ratio .

Comment

• CO Hopeful Thank You for the update.

Safetyman you are sooo right, one of those 7 slots could have been anyone here.
            Last edited by HopeFloats; 02-20-2015, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• Has anybody heard anything about the BI? I'm going through a few processes right now and I've got an arrest 7 years ago when I was 19 for disorderly conduct and 2-3 moving voilations when I was 17-18, pretty clean since then with a seatbelt ticket or 2, but does anybody know how strict they are with this...

Comment

• The numbers being posted are not completely accurate. More men than women have resigned.... However, I do agree with with the fact that these people took slots from other people and has been posted, wasted everyone's time..

Comment

• I got those Numbers from a reliable source. Someone That is in the academy .

Comment

• Well, I don't want to argue with you but they are incorrect. When you say someone in the academy do you mean a recruit or an instructor?
                    Last edited by protector343; 02-20-2015, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• The academy is hard as you make it.
                      Did you go in without the ability to do 30+ push ups? Did you go in unable to run a few miles? Well that's your fault people have been saying get in shape and you have had plenty of time to do so.
                      Was the yelling too much? Do you know what this job entails? Dealing with the public, and inmates during some of the lowest points in their lives. If you and hack it a week in the academy you would never make it to retirement.

Comment

• Thanks for the advice guys! I'll give them a call tomorrow

Comment

• Originally posted by protector343 View Post
                          Well, I don't want to argue with you but they are incorrect. When you say someone in the academy do you mean a recruit or an instructor?
                          Who's arguing ? It was a recruit that gave me the information . What was the correct ratio of men to women resignations.?
                          Last edited by CO HOPEFUL; 02-20-2015, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by steve5 View Post
                            Has anybody heard anything about the BI? I'm going through a few processes right now and I've got an arrest 7 years ago when I was 19 for disorderly conduct and 2-3 moving voilations when I was 17-18, pretty clean since then with a seatbelt ticket or 2, but does anybody know how strict they are with this...
                            You have to explain in detail everything in your background , especially arrests and moving violations . This is a law enforcement position so be prepared to disclose and document all that is required by your investigator. Do not hide anything it will come back to bite you.

Comment

• Question about the pre-med, I am about 10 pounds short of the required weight... My job takes a toll on my body sometimes not eating for long periods during the day. Is it a factor over and under and by how much? Otherwise I am extremely fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
                                Who's arguing ? It was a recruit that gave me the information . What was the correct ratio of men to women resignations.?
                                More like 5 men 2 women
                                Last edited by protector343; 02-20-2015, 10:40 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9091 users online. 446 members and 8645 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X