Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even if the list expires in July and oca wants to hire a couple of classes how can they with the new list if the average candidate takes 5-12 months to complete the process ?. There are people on this forum that have been hired over 2 years after their list expired . Yes people will drop out of the academy 15-30 people .

Comment

• Thats why i say; anything can happen, just stay in shape

Comment

• shimmy how did they contact you? I still haven't gotten anything since that pre-med letter.

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmydog
          Someone called my cell phone and was very very blunt said be here at this time at this address rain, shine or snow in business attire
          Dam, thats different, i just got a letter for the pre med, canvas letter then pre med letter with a date and time.

Comment

• HopeFloats... you reasoning makes sense. That 131 number does not take into account those who will not complete the academy. Also as Dinosaur32 pointed out(10-20%) dropout rate and the severe shortage all puts us future candidates in avery hopeful position. I believe their will be another Academy.... stay hopeful all

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmydog
              Someone called my cell phone and was very very blunt said be here at this time at this address rain, shine or snow in business attire
              Got ya. I'm not even sure anybody's got my phone number, how did they know yours? Good luck btw buddy, should be pretty standard stuff.

Comment

• Just keep the faith, guys and gals. I know I may sound like a broken record, but stay positive. If you have started the process, that's a good sign, because you never know what OCA has planned. Stay in shape, stay out of trouble and focus on the goal. This is truly a great career and in the end, it is well worth the effort you have to put forth to get it. When I was going through the long process, there were plenty of times that I felt like I would never get this job.

Comment

• I want to give an early congrats to all the recruits that are finishing the academy. We will see you on 3/2!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
                    I don't mean to sound pessimistic but I don't see them having a class anytime soon. They just hired a large class (131) that's a lot of court officers . I'm guessing they will start hiring again in a year or so . I could be wrong just my opinion.
                    So those who took the recent exam, 45-784, won't be contacted for several years?
                    "Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch out after you wear them awhile."

Comment

• 10characters
                      Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-25-2015, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Got my email. Pre-med date 2/25 @8:30am Hanson Place! Yesssss!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lolalana View Post
                          Got my email. Pre-med date 2/25 @8:30am Hanson Place! Yesssss!!!!
                          Good news

Comment

• is there anyone who has been canvassed for upstate JD's been contacted regarding pre- med dates yet??

Comment

• Originally posted by nyscourt1986 View Post
                              is there anyone who has been canvassed for upstate JD's been contacted regarding pre- med dates yet??
                              No still waiting

Comment

• I'm debating on calling them for my pre-medical because it's been about two weeks since the I got the pre-med canvassing letter... but then again I'm not trying to be annoying lol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9816 users online. 417 members and 9399 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X