300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wtfisakwyjibo View Post
    There have been cases of people doing a run in heels because they didn't have sneakers...
    Holy moly, thats gotta hurt!

Wtfisakwyjibo, looked up whats a kwyjibo

Comment

• Originally posted by HopeFloats View Post
      Holy moly, thats gotta hurt!

Wtfisakwyjibo, looked up whats a kwyjibo
      Heh, it also became an inside joke during my academy class.

Comment

From what i read on here candidates dont get to use the elevators, just 12 flights of stairs. And since you have to wear a suit everyday, not sure if its for the whole 3 1/2 months
        You are correct in your assumptions....suit every day and climbing those 12 flights of stairs with your nice and heavy academy bag. Just wait till you put your suit back on at the end of the day right after PT.
        Let the fun begin....

Comment

• Originally posted by wtfisakwyjibo View Post
          There have been cases of people doing a run in heels because they didn't have sneakers...

That's awesome and hysterical.

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmydog
            Has anyone that got a letter promising a call back in feburary regarding their pre medical actually received a date yet ?
            Not yet They'll get to us!

Comment

• I hope so, that means their will be another class that we might be in, before my list turns to dust in the wind.

Comment

I hope so, that means their will be another class that we might be in, before my list turns to dust in the wind.
                I don't mean to sound pessimistic but I don't see them having a class anytime soon. They just hired a large class (131) that's a lot of court officers . I'm guessing they will start hiring again in a year or so . I could be wrong just my opinion.

Comment

• Is that number confirmed?
                  Your reasoning makes sense, but who can predict the future

Comment

• If OCA is processing, they are planning on hiring. If they weren't planning on hiring, they would use the money for one of their pet projects.
                    RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• If you read through the forum pages (like i do, to try and develop time lines), you will see that this has all happened before, with almost every class.
                      Backgrounds that take seemingly forever.
                      Oral psych invitations and results that seemingly take forever.
                      Classes that are unannounced, until the last moment or not happening at all.
                      The uneasy excitement, of whether or not you will receive that magic call for academy appointment.

So after going over this forums pages again and again, it all winds down to the same thing;
                      Luck.

There is no formula, no rhyme or reason, Good Luck to me and everyone here, hopefully our efforts and diligence wont go unrewarded.

Comment

Is that number confirmed?
                        Your reasoning makes sense, but who can predict the future
                        Yes that number is confirmed (131 in the Feb 17 class ) Soon2retire is probaly right . I'm just a pessimist sometimes lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
                          Yes that number is confirmed (131 in the Feb 17 class ) Soon2retire is probaly right . I'm just a pessimist sometimes lol.
                          Wow! That is a lot, hopefully they will have another large class come june or july.

Comment

• That number sounds large BUT....there will be drop-outs (10-20%) and the officer shortgage is severe. If OCA's budget is not cut severely, I can see at least another class in the summer. A new list may not even be ready by then.

Comment

• Hey Dinosaur32

My investigator advised me list # 45-758 will expire in july.

But once again, anything can happen from here to there.

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmydog
                                Just got the call for my pre medical the 25th at 1:30 Hanson place
                                Congratulations

Welcome to the process!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11318 users online. 438 members and 10880 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X