300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYS Court Officers View Post
    First off, continue to workout and be in the best shape that you can when you enter the academy. The better the shape you're in, the easier PT will be for you, physically. From what I could tell, you didn't have to meet the 70% standards the first evaluation. People in my class that had to stay for the remedial PT(after the academy, twice a week,) had to because their 1.5 mile run times were too high.
    Thanks NYS Court officer for the information. I do work out about 4-5 times a week and have been for 10+ years. I was never a runner though. So I have been working on that hard the last few months. I can get my 70% requirement on a treadmill but not when running on the street. But I am not too far off.

Another question if you can answer: When running in the academy we do run outside right? I am thinking maybe along the west side highway. Its flat right? Where I run now outside it is not flat so that has a lot to do with not making the 70%,

Comment

• Update: I spoke to my designated person today who advised me I would be put on a list for reschedule for my pre-med. I requested to be emailed (in case of another error or inclimate weather) and asked If i could please be put in the soonest available slot as I am always available with a very flexible schedule. I was told it would probably be late Feb/Early March. Eager to go as I am ready!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kbrad View Post
        Thanks NYS Court officer for the information. I do work out about 4-5 times a week and have been for 10+ years. I was never a runner though. So I have been working on that hard the last few months. I can get my 70% requirement on a treadmill but not when running on the street. But I am not too far off.

Another question if you can answer: When running in the academy we do run outside right? I am thinking maybe along the west side highway. Its flat right? Where I run now outside it is not flat so that has a lot to do with not making the 70%,
        No problem. Yes, in the academy, you do run outside. I was in the upstate academy though, so I'm not sure where they run in the city academy. We ran on the road. Besides the assessment runs, you'll be doing group runs, as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kbrad View Post

You run outside under the bridge on a cement bike path along the East River

Comment

• Already started eating healthy and working out. God willing I make it through the process, I want to be more than ready for both the PAT and the academy.

The academy does seem intimidating, but honestly that's a great way to get people's *** in shape! My friend lost twenty pounds doing the NYPD academy. I feel like 80% of America should go through an academy...

Those going into the future academies this year have plenty of time to make quite an improvement. Keep it pushin' and lay off the fast food!

Comment

• So i called COT today explaining to them i received a canvass letter in october. They told me currently they haven't sent out letters pretaining to the upstate JD's. Only for NYC & Suffolk county. Seems they aren't hiring in those JD's. They simply sent out the canvass letter for conditional appointment because the list is expiring in July. Seems like my chances went from slim to none. Good luck to everybody who will be attending the upcoming academy as well as those who are in the process of getting to the academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyscourt1986 View Post
                So i called COT today explaining to them i received a canvass letter in october. They told me currently they haven't sent out letters pretaining to the upstate JD's. Only for NYC & Suffolk county. Seems they aren't hiring in those JD's. They simply sent out the canvass letter for conditional appointment because the list is expiring in July. Seems like my chances went from slim to none. Good luck to everybody who will be attending the upcoming academy as well as those who are in the process of getting to the academy.
                what number did you call?
                Exam# 2326/ List 3***
                APD5- Finalized 1/2014
                Medical-3/2014
                Written Psych-5/2014
                Oral Psych-6/2014
                Mini Med-11/2014
                JST-11/2014

Comment

• Originally posted by NYS Court Officers View Post
                  No problem. Yes, in the academy, you do run outside. I was in the upstate academy though, so I'm not sure where they run in the city academy. We ran on the road. Besides the assessment runs, you'll be doing group runs, as well.
                  Where is the Upstate academy located? Thanks

Comment

• Cohoes
                    Originally posted by Glock40 View Post
                    Where is the Upstate academy located? Thanks
                    RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Got the call. 1st day 2/17 @ 8am.
                      Exam# 2326/ List 3***
                      APD5- Finalized 1/2014
                      Medical-3/2014
                      Written Psych-5/2014
                      Oral Psych-6/2014
                      Mini Med-11/2014
                      JST-11/2014

Comment

• Congrats to everyone starting next week in the NYC class. Word is approximately 130 people. I can't confirm that.

Comment

• Originally posted by wellknowntone View Post
                          Got the call. 1st day 2/17 @ 8am.

Make sure you are there by 7 then! Also if any of you recruits can give us a headcount once your in it would be appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
                            Cohoes
                            It's in Castleton-On-Hudson now

Comment

• Originally posted by nyscourt1986 View Post
                              So i called COT today explaining to them i received a canvass letter in october. They told me currently they haven't sent out letters pretaining to the upstate JD's. Only for NYC & Suffolk county. Seems they aren't hiring in those JD's. They simply sent out the canvass letter for conditional appointment because the list is expiring in July. Seems like my chances went from slim to none. Good luck to everybody who will be attending the upcoming academy as well as those who are in the process of getting to the academy.
                              You still got a chance! Slim to none is better than none
                              Stay in shape and try to expedite everything, if they give you a date for next week, ask them for one this week!

And for those about to rock, we salute you!
                              Wish I were going with ya

Comment

• anyone that is in the academy or just recently graduated have any suggestions on the all white sneakers to get?
                                Exam# 2326/ List 3***
                                APD5- Finalized 1/2014
                                Medical-3/2014
                                Written Psych-5/2014
                                Oral Psych-6/2014
                                Mini Med-11/2014
                                JST-11/2014

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9508 users online. 238 members and 9270 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X