300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheSlammer View Post
    If I had a bachelors degree, I would be all over it.
    You don't need one, you can qualify based on education, experience or combination of both.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kbrad View Post
      Question about the academy.

So do we have to meet the cooper standards of 70% the first week? Or do we have to work up to the 70% by the end of the academy. I am very close to the 70% standards so no worries. Just want to know what to expect.
      First off, continue to workout and be in the best shape that you can when you enter the academy. The better the shape you're in, the easier PT will be for you, physically. From what I could tell, you didn't have to meet the 70% standards the first evaluation. People in my class that had to stay for the remedial PT(after the academy, twice a week,) had to because their 1.5 mile run times were too high.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYS Court Officers View Post
        First off, continue to workout and be in the best shape that you can when you enter the academy. The better the shape you're in, the easier PT will be for you, physically. From what I could tell, you didn't have to meet the 70% standards the first evaluation. People in my class that had to stay for the remedial PT(after the academy, twice a week,) had to because their 1.5 mile run times were too high.
        What does your 1.5 have to be to pass the physical to get into the academy

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
          What does your 1.5 have to be to pass the physical to get into the academy
          There is no running test for the physical. During the first PT evaluation in the academy, you are expected to run as fast as you can. I figured that if I pushed as hard as I could on the first time out, that would be a good benchmark to work from. P.S.-Sorry to all about my corny user name. Something definitely went wrong when I was registering.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYS Court Officers View Post
            There is no running test for the physical. During the first PT evaluation in the academy, you are expected to run as fast as you can. I figured that if I pushed as hard as I could on the first time out, that would be a good benchmark to work from. P.S.-Sorry to all about my corny user name. Something definitely went wrong when I was registering.
            So there is no 1.5 mile run before you get hired

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
              So there is no 1.5 mile run before you get hired
              No there is no 1.5 run before you are hired. 1st week of the academy you will have 1.5 mile Run assessment

Comment

• To all the new recruits entering the academy in 9 days, good luck.

1.5 run should be 60% or better as per coopers standards, if you are only running on a treadmill expect your run times to be worse on the runs. Run outside it will help you acclimate to the cold air!

Do yourself a favor and keep working out, make sure you are in the best condition you can possibly be in. You will see people drop out because they didn't take the academy and subsequently this job seriously, good riddance to them.

Drink lots of water and stay hydrated, don't eat heavy meals you never know when plans will change and you will go for a run or PT session last minute. I've seen people puke during runs and PT it was not fun.

Work on your push ups and planks, you can thank me later. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

Comment

• Hello all..Sorry to hear that as well. Definitely call on Monday and I don't think it will be a problem, I have been following several posts on here that some of you folks have put on and I see the similarities that we are advancing in. Hope Floats, PetiteBeaute , Jt4791, and quite a few others who are much further in the process. Also the obvious veterans on this post... you guys are the best in helping us get prepared to move forward. Much thanks to you all your posts. A couple of quick questions. I may have missed or altogether not seen in all these pages. What is the required equipment we must purchase when going to the Academy. For Example : T shirts , sweats, size and lettering on the shirts, What is lettering on back (last name? anything on front?) protective cup, sneakers, and anything else. My apologies if this has been said and posted already but if a list is out there already or if someone can provide I would appreciate it. All the best to all once again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Law-And-Order1 View Post
                    Hello all..Sorry to hear that as well. Definitely call on Monday and I don't think it will be a problem, I have been following several posts on here that some of you folks have put on and I see the similarities that we are advancing in. Hope Floats, PetiteBeaute , Jt4791, and quite a few others who are much further in the process. Also the obvious veterans on this post... you guys are the best in helping us get prepared to move forward. Much thanks to you all your posts. A couple of quick questions. I may have missed or altogether not seen in all these pages. What is the required equipment we must purchase when going to the Academy. For Example : T shirts , sweats, size and lettering on the shirts, What is lettering on back (last name? anything on front?) protective cup, sneakers, and anything else. My apologies if this has been said and posted already but if a list is out there already or if someone can provide I would appreciate it. All the best to all once again.
                    http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/newrecruits.shtml

Comment

• Originally posted by Law-And-Order1 View Post
                      Hello all..Sorry to hear that as well. Definitely call on Monday and I don't think it will be a problem, I have been following several posts on here that some of you folks have put on and I see the similarities that we are advancing in. Hope Floats, PetiteBeaute , Jt4791, and quite a few others who are much further in the process. Also the obvious veterans on this post... you guys are the best in helping us get prepared to move forward. Much thanks to you all your posts. A couple of quick questions. I may have missed or altogether not seen in all these pages. What is the required equipment we must purchase when going to the Academy. For Example : T shirts , sweats, size and lettering on the shirts, What is lettering on back (last name? anything on front?) protective cup, sneakers, and anything else. My apologies if this has been said and posted already but if a list is out there already or if someone can provide I would appreciate it. All the best to all once again.
                      Here's the list, hoping you can read it, its a snapshot from a tab, but if you go to the main nyc court officers site, you will see; COT Home, as a tab on the left, click that and then you will see a link under; Recruit info, it will be titled; New Recruits Entering Academy. This will tell you everything you need to know
                      Screenshot_2015-02-08-16-53-11.jpg
                      Last edited by HopeFloats; 02-08-2015, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• NYSCOHopeful beat me to it

Comment

• Originally posted by wtfisakwyjibo View Post
                          To all the new recruits entering the academy in 9 days, good luck.

1.5 run should be 60% or better as per coopers standards, if you are only running on a treadmill expect your run times to be worse on the runs. Run outside it will help you acclimate to the cold air!

Do yourself a favor and keep working out, make sure you are in the best condition you can possibly be in. You will see people drop out because they didn't take the academy and subsequently this job seriously, good riddance to them. 7i

Drink lots of water and stay hydrated, don't eat heavy meals you never know when plans will change and you will go for a run or PT session last minute. I've seen people puke during runs and PT it was not fun.

Work on your push ups and planks, you can thank me later. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.
                          Words of wisdom, Amen brother

Comment

• Thanks for the info.

Comment

• Thanks for the Info!

Comment

• Thanks... anyways

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11327 users online. 401 members and 10926 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X