Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dbacksrock02 View Post
    The official response from the NYSUCS is that the new list will begin to be utilized in "late fall." I am would imagen that would be at some point during November. With all of the recent retirements, I would imagine a descent amount of canvassing will occur shortly after.
    I am going for computational review of my test score around that time. Along with many others doing the same, I would assume the OCA would wait until that process is complete (the rankings and scores may be affected and therefore need correction). I think late Nov. or early Dec. sounds about right.

    Comment


    • November would be about right. There are enough people off of the old list who have completed the process and are ready to hire for the November class, which will only put a small dent in all of the openings that the retirement incentive will create.
      RETIRED 9-16-10

      Comment


      • wait what does a computational review of ur test score mean

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
          Oberness, How long is the Academy? If you haven't been canvassed as yet, odds are that you will finish before being canvassed. Canvassing is a preliminary step before the actual call for the academy.
          Dinosaur, the academy begins next week and is approximately 6 months. That is why I've been a little worried that I will be canvassed and unable to attend the initial medical as I assume it will be during normal daytime weekday hours while I am still attending the academy. I certainly want to mark myself as interested on the canvass letters as I'm essentially willing to go anywhere in the state to get on. Just hoping the timing works out is all.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TP3 View Post
            wait what does a computational review of ur test score mean
            Look on the bottom of your test results notice in small print. Gives you the option to review your exam and compare it to the master copy. From what I was told you don't actually go over each question, only the answer key.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Oberness131 View Post
              Dinosaur, the academy begins next week and is approximately 6 months. That is why I've been a little worried that I will be canvassed and unable to attend the initial medical as I assume it will be during normal daytime weekday hours while I am still attending the academy. I certainly want to mark myself as interested on the canvass letters as I'm essentially willing to go anywhere in the state to get on. Just hoping the timing works out is all.
              Hey just my opinion....With the way the economy is and especially this state, I would not turn down a sure thing for something that is not certain. We are about to have a new gov (Neither a good choice) and who knows what they will try to do with the hiring. The exam is good for 4 years. You have time to get hired by courts. I dont know where you are going into the academy, but it's an opportunity that I'm sure many will kill for. I would go with it and when you get out of the academy see where you are with courts. Either way.....good luck to you!!
              As a Corrections Officer, my fundamental duty is to serve my community; to safeguard the lives and property within my jurisdiction; to protect against deception, oppression or intimidation; to prevent violence or disorder; and to respect and preserve the constitutional rights of all.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Theogre View Post
                from the last exam u still have medical ,background,physical,pysch so u looking at a year before called for academy
                this academy atm has rank # 1200 to almost 5k with 160 people in alot dont make it past the screening
                The current class consists of ranks from 1200-almost 5,000?
                If that's the case, and it's the last class from the old exam...they didn't reach as high the numbers for NYC would indicate.

                Comment


                • I'm out now, but last I heard was another class is going in in November from the old list.
                  RETIRED 9-16-10

                  Comment


                  • Not much hiring the last few years. Different story now with the buyout.

                    Comment


                    • hi everyone. ive been reading all the post and got alot of info from everyone, thanks. but i have a queston about the weight requirements. how strict are they with this? any info will be great. im working my but off to get down to the required weight for my height.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jamco7 View Post
                        hi everyone. ive been reading all the post and got alot of info from everyone, thanks. but i have a queston about the weight requirements. how strict are they with this? any info will be great. im working my but off to get down to the required weight for my height.
                        Good question; based on what I have heard it seems as though the height/weight restrictions are applied in a very strict manor. Individuals have said they have been disqualified for not properly fitting into the supplied chart.

                        Comment


                        • They have always been VERY and I mean VERY strict about the weight standard
                          RETIRED 9-16-10

                          Comment


                          • You would think body fat should be taken into account, more than the overall weight.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Nforce View Post
                              You would think body fat should be taken into account, more than the overall weight.
                              i agree, my friend is 6'6 290 lbs, there is no way he can get down to the required 239, I on the otherhand am 5'6 145 lbs lol

                              Comment


                              • They used to use the old insurance standards which was very unrealistic. I'm 5' 9". At 155 lbs, I would look like a death march survivor. But they are stricter than they have been.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5584 users online. 200 members and 5384 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X