300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Saiano View Post
    Just an FYI: Hobby Lobby appears to have a thinner font in stock right now. I purchased Dritz iron-on lettering since Dritz appears to have the correct font, but if I'm wrong, I would appreciate someone with experience setting me straight.
    I and plenty of others in my class used dritz. Then again, you can't trust us forum folks. So who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
      I and plenty of others in my class used dritz. Then again, you can't trust us forum folks. So who knows.
      I'll just leave it to Zeus. Thanks for the information.

Comment

• Just got home to check my mail and got my pre Ned date! And guess what?! It was yesterday!!! Someone messed up my pre addressed label and cut off my address and it spent a few days in USPS limbo while they figured it out. On a Friday night now I have to wait till Monday to even speak to someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by PetitBeaute View Post
          Just got home to check my mail and got my pre Ned date! And guess what?! It was yesterday!!! Someone messed up my pre addressed label and cut off my address and it spent a few days in USPS limbo while they figured it out. On a Friday night now I have to wait till Monday to even speak to someone.
          That really sux. Sorry to hear that. You'll be alright just explain what happened and they'll set you up with another date.
          Exam# 2326/ List 3***
          APD5- Finalized 1/2014
          Medical-3/2014
          Written Psych-5/2014
          Oral Psych-6/2014
          Mini Med-11/2014
          JST-11/2014

Comment

• Originally posted by PetitBeaute View Post
            Just got home to check my mail and got my pre Ned date! And guess what?! It was yesterday!!! Someone messed up my pre addressed label and cut off my address and it spent a few days in USPS limbo while they figured it out. On a Friday night now I have to wait till Monday to even speak to someone.
            Sorry to hear that too, just call them Monday like was already mentioned and you should be sorted.

Thats good to hear you got a date, gives me some hope their will be a class after this feb 17th one. So God willing i will see all of you in the june or july class, cause it doesnt look like my BI will be done before that.

But like i always say; "who knows"...

Comment

• Not to appear overzealous, but what are the different advancements as a court officer? Is it just higher rank as a court officer or are there other areas that have opportunity for advancement?
              I looked read most of these pages (hard to sift through 200 pages and remember it all) so I don't recall if this was answered.

Just asking out of pure curiosity. I don't have this idea in my head that I'm going to be some head honcho or that court officer isn't good enough lol!

Comment

• lol you have to walk before you can run!
                It goes like this:

Officer (test)
                Sergeant (test)
                Lieutenant (test)
                Captain (appointment)
                Major (appointment)
                Assistant Chief (appointment)
                Deputy Chief (appointment)
                Chief (appointment)

You can also promote to The Clerk Ranks

Senior Court Clerk
                Associate Court Clerk
                Principal Court Clerk

There are also Boro Chiefs, Chief Clerks, Appellate and Surrogate Chiefs and Clerks.
                Last edited by unblindeacon; 02-06-2015, 08:38 PM.
                http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                  lol you have to walk before you can run!
                  It goes like this:

Officer (test)
                  Sergeant (test)
                  Lieutenant (test)
                  Captain (appointment)
                  Major (appointment)
                  Assistant Chief (appointment)
                  Deputy Chief (appointment)
                  Chief (appointment)

You can also promote to The Clerk Ranks

Senior Court Clerk
                  Associate Court Clerk
                  Principal Court Clerk

There are also Boro Chiefs, Chief Clerks, Appellate and Surrogate Chiefs and Clerks.

Oh absolutely! At this point im just trying to crawl haha!

I'm slightly torn between the life of medicine and being a court officer. I definitely find making a difference in people's lives important so just trying to see what it's about

Thanks for the info!

Comment

• For late 2014 test takers, they're looking at June/July for those results correct?
                    New York State Court Officer Trainee Exam 45-784

Comment

• Correct. I'm waiting on those aswell.
                      Originally posted by Ray23 View Post
                      For late 2014 test takers, they're looking at June/July for those results correct?

Comment

• Thanks. I get the worst anxiety and hope this won't get me overlooked or delay me terribly.
                        Originally posted by HopeFloats View Post
                        Sorry to hear that too, just call them Monday like was already mentioned and you should be sorted.

Thats good to hear you got a date, gives me some hope their will be a class after this feb 17th one. So God willing i will see all of you in the june or july class, cause it doesnt look like my BI will be done before that.

But like i always say; "who knows"...

Comment

• Anyone who would consider Federal corrections, we're always hiring also.. Feel free to Pm me. Hiring process takes a couple months but still faster than NYS.

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmydog
                            My brothers bi took 5 months he's waiting on the call for the academy it's very possible we can get our bi finished in time stay positive
                            Hey there Shimmydog. When you say 5 months, can you tell me from start to finish? I know each candidate's BI may be different, however, I'm trying to get an approximate timeline.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Safetyman;3595905]Hey there Shimmydog. When you say 5 months, can you tell me from start to finish? I know each candidate's BI may be different, however, I'm trying to get an approximate timeline.[/QUOT

My BI took about 5 months to be completed .

Comment

• Originally posted by dh3521 View Post
                                Anyone who would consider Federal corrections, we're always hiring also.. Feel free to Pm me. Hiring process takes a couple months but still faster than NYS.
                                If I had a bachelors degree, I would be all over it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5200 users online. 233 members and 4967 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X