300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by anuj1985a View Post
    When should letters be received by to start the process if we got canvass letters in october?
    I was told mid feb.

Comment

• Thanks guys

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
        Nice so downstate guys will start must under 50k
        Hopefully that means an increase in top pay is not far behind.
        http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
        NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
          Hopefully that means an increase in top pay is not far behind.
          Hopefully so, hope they start processing for the 2014 exam by this summer

Comment

• Originally posted by Kbrad View Post
            Question about the academy.

So do we have to meet the cooper standards of 70% the first week? Or do we have to work up to the 70% by the end of the academy. I am very close to the 70% standards so no worries. Just want to know what to expect.
            More like 60%. Anyways they will do an assessment of push and sit ups along with 1.5 mile run within 1st week or 2. If you not at those levels you get to stay after 2 nights a week for physical training

Comment

• Originally posted by New Job View Post
              More like 60%. Anyways they will do an assessment of push and sit ups along with 1.5 mile run within 1st week or 2. If you not at those levels you get to stay after 2 nights a week for physical training
              At what percentage do you have to be to pass the pre employment physical

Comment

• The new salary for downstate hires

Line 16

44504+ 3697 location + 1305 uniform Equals 49505

Officers working in Orange, Dutchess, Putnam County

44504 + 1848 location +1305 uniform
                Equals 47657

*Officers upstate represented by CSEA

45394 + 1305 uniform
                Equals 46699

*The starting pay is reflective of a 2% raise included in the new CSEA contract. The downstate unions are currently without a contract.

The reason for the line change : Compensation for NYS Court Officer-Trainee was not competitive with similar entry level positions
                Last edited by unblindeacon; 02-04-2015, 07:45 PM.

Comment

The new salary for downstate hires

Line 16

44504+ 3697 location + 1305 uniform Equals 49505
                  That's a really good starting rate , let's see what top will be.

Comment

• What they should have done is keep the recruits at JG14 and shortened the probation to 1 year. Seems like that would make more sense. Just a thought...

Comment

• Doubt the probation will ever change to one year. They should bump 18's to 20!

Comment

Doubt the probation will ever change to one year. They should bump 18's to 20!
                        How much is 20 ?

Comment

• what is the exact pay scale from year to year starting with trainee going into the academy until they hit max for downstate?
                          Exam# 2326/ List 3***
                          APD5- Finalized 1/2014
                          Medical-3/2014
                          Written Psych-5/2014
                          Oral Psych-6/2014
                          Mini Med-11/2014
                          JST-11/2014

Comment

• Here is the link to the pay grades you have to add 3697 locality pay and 1300 uniform for NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
                              Here is the link to the pay grades you have to add 3697 locality pay and 1300 uniform for NYC
                              http://www.osc.state.ny.us/agencies/.../ucs160att.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by Clo 49 View Post
                                OK, for everyone stressing out about the knee and elbow pads... They carry these at Dicks in the volleyball section. I actually bought small knee pads to use as elbow pads as they were more flexible. Your shoes need to be white but its not a huge deal if there is a small decal of a different color. Don't go whitening out your shoes. That is just dumb. Athletic support means a jockstrap and cup, not boxer briefs. Unless you have a vagina, Bring a Jockstrap and a Cup! The lettering for your shirts can be found at Hobby Lobby. You are Welcome!
                                Just an FYI: Hobby Lobby appears to have a thinner font in stock right now. I purchased Dritz iron-on lettering since Dritz appears to have the correct font, but if I'm wrong, I would appreciate someone with experience setting me straight.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9598 users online. 440 members and 9158 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X