300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steve5 View Post
    Again, if 5,000's are going into the academy this month, how can we imagine 12,000 being realistic. I think they just contacted us for insurance.
    You gotta be in it to win it as someone on this forum once said. 7k people might seem like a lot but imagine how many of those won't even bother with it at this point. Imagine the ones that may fail at some point of the process. I took a civil service exam and only 900+ passed the test. I went to a meeting for an agency. The next closest person to me was in the low 600s and I was almost a 700. Than out if the 15 people before me some left when they heard the job two was picked up for the final two spots. The rest didn't even get the go ahead to continue and I was placed as one of the backfill. As I see it now if you get contacted to start anything with any agency you're good to go as long as you pass everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmydog
      My brother is 8500 and heading to the academy in February also his investigator told me don't listen to the guys on the forums lol not trying to be a d**k just saying
      Shimmydog, i was told the same thing

Comment

• Hey all, I received a letter today indicating that I will be notified of a pre-med appointment. My question is, being overweight for my height. Should I still attempt to continue the process?

Comment

• What is your rank nvidia? What jd were you canvassed for??

Comment

• Originally posted by Nvidia View Post
            Hey all, I received a letter today indicating that I will be notified of a pre-med appointment. My question is, being overweight for my height. Should I still attempt to continue the process?
            Lose the weight, even if you dont make the pre med the first time, they give you one more chance.

Comment

• Hey HopeFloats, how long do they give you for the second try?

Comment

• OK, for everyone stressing out about the knee and elbow pads... They carry these at Dicks in the volleyball section. I actually bought small knee pads to use as elbow pads as they were more flexible. Your shoes need to be white but its not a huge deal if there is a small decal of a different color. Don't go whitening out your shoes. That is just dumb. Athletic support means a jockstrap and cup, not boxer briefs. Unless you have a vagina, Bring a Jockstrap and a Cup! The lettering for your shirts can be found at Hobby Lobby. You are Welcome!

Comment

• Originally posted by PerpBuster View Post
                  Hey HopeFloats, how long do they give you for the second try?
                  They give you your medical sheet, citing what you failed, with a number to call whenever your ready to come back.

If your smart you wont waste any time correcting the issue, and moving on with the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by HopeFloats View Post
                    Lose the weight, even if you dont make the pre med the first time, they give you one more chance.
                    Thank you for the feedback!

Comment

• Originally posted by nyscourt1986 View Post
                      What is your rank nvidia? What jd were you canvassed for??
                      My List # is 73xx Suffolk County.

Comment

• I was called for the February academy today , however I have deferred my appointment. I made someone happy today as they will take my spot . I will be in the next academy if there is another one from this current list , good luck to all !

Comment

• Originally posted by PerpBuster View Post
                          Hey HopeFloats, how long do they give you for the second try?
                          They give you your medical sheet, citing what you failed, with a number to call whenever your ready to come back.

If your smart you wont waste any time correcting the issue, and moving on with the process.

Comment

• Thanks for the answer. I appreciate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmydog
                              4300 July 2013
                              I scored really well but it's a long wait should start my apd5 this July they nypd are really hard to get in with since so many people now want in

Yeah but a lot of cops are retiring which is a good thing. I took 4328 in April 2014.

Comment

• Question about the academy.

So do we have to meet the cooper standards of 70% the first week? Or do we have to work up to the 70% by the end of the academy. I am very close to the 70% standards so no worries. Just want to know what to expect.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8384 users online. 196 members and 8188 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X