300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Remedy2k View Post
    Is there some hand to hand combat part of the academy training?
    According to the court officer site on facebook, and from what I've seen on the actual website, it looks like takedown and restraint techniques are a part of training.

Im just guessing though, im sure the guys who are actual court officers on here will give you a better answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Action82 View Post
      The McDavid hex knee pads are acceptable, I had those. Navy blue is also acceptable. You can also get 2pair of knee pads and use the others as elbow pads. I also did that & was fine.
      Thank you very much. I'll be getting those then. I really appreciate the help.

Comment

• http://m.dickssportinggoods.com/prod...uctId=12620755
        http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
        NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by Remedy2k View Post
          Is there some hand to hand combat part of the academy training?
          Yes...defensive tactics are part of the curriculum.
          http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
          NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Enjoy the super bowl, future and current Court Officers

Comment

• I received my notice on the 30th* too. Looks like we're moving at the same pace thus far.
              Originally posted by shimmydog
              He did everything except the oral PSYC... Also I just received my pre med papers in the mail today they told me they will contact me in feburary with a date and time to show up

Comment

• Great! Did you receive it with or without a date for the pre med?

Comment

• nope, no date. just states that a letter will be sent Feb regarding pre-med. I feel this letter should have been sent months ago but... Tick Tock, waiting game. Anxious!
                  Originally posted by HopeFloats View Post
                  Great! Did you receive it with or without a date for the pre med?

Comment

• Oh ok so you guys got a canvas letter, pre med will follow in about 3 weeks.

Start getting ready now, make sure weight, vision and blood pressure are sorted so you dont have to wait another month for a retest.

Comment

• got an initial canvas letter then this letter, hoping all does well. Do you knwo if there are weight minimums? i only see max's.

Originally posted by HopeFloats View Post
                      Oh ok so you guys got a canvas letter, pre med will follow in about 3 weeks.

Start getting ready now, make sure weight, vision and blood pressure are sorted so you dont have to wait another month for a retest.

Comment

• How long was the last court officer hiring freeze in effect for?

Comment

• I just got my pre-med letter too. I'm quite anxious to know if I've got any chance of this happening, considering the list is running out in a few months.

Comment

• Originally posted by PetitBeaute View Post
                            got an initial canvas letter then this letter, hoping all does well. Do you knwo if there are weight minimums? i only see max's.
                            Oh ok, cause my pre med letter came with a date. Also i didnt read anything on this 196 page forum, or on the website about weight minimums.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvin911 View Post
                              How long was the last court officer hiring freeze in effect for?
                              From what i read on this forum it was on hold for years, guys quit their jobs and the day before that particular class was to start, they put a freeze on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by steve5 View Post
                                I just got my pre-med letter too. I'm quite anxious to know if I've got any chance of this happening, considering the list is running out in a few months.
                                If your getting pre med letters, somethings happening the list wont expire till they make up a new list and even then who knows.

Keep the faith and stay fit

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9247 users online. 394 members and 8853 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X