300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HopeFloats View Post
    Hopefully it will work out. Im guessing everybody is either waiting on backgrounds, waiting to be called for a class or waiting on test results. The waiting period, where the forum gets quiet.

This may be off topic but would any of you happen to know if there is a forum out there that lets us know about any upcoming exams to file for???

Comment

• Hi Im new on these forums. I took the test in 2008 and was called yesterday for medical screening next week.
      Last edited by Remedy2k; 01-29-2015, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Remedy2k View Post
        Hi Im new on these forums. I took the test in 2008 and was called yesterday for medical screening next week.
        Good luck! Make sure your not overweght for your height, without shoes, and that your blood pressure doesnt pass 140/90.

Comment

• Originally posted by HopeFloats View Post
          Good luck! Make sure your not overweght for your height, without shoes, and that your blood pressure doesnt pass 140/90.
          I will be going straight from work. I work for NJ transit and wear a uniform white shirt, navy pleaded pants, tie and black magnum law enforcement boots. You think that will be a problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvin911 View Post
            This may be off topic but would any of you happen to know if there is a forum out there that lets us know about any upcoming exams to file for???
            I don't know of a forum but there is The Chief (http://thechiefleader.com). They have a paper and digital subscription. I just renewed. It was $50 for 2 years. They have a civil service section that tells you when new exams open up as well as other information, such as when civil service lists are posted. Other than that, you can check the DCAS schedule for NYC Jobs (http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa...amschedule.pdf) and the NYS CS Schedule (http://www.cs.ny.gov/announ/tentative_schedule.cfm) for state jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmydog
              Congrats make sure u pass everything what was your list number ??

Comment

• This is actually my second time taking the test. I took it also in 2005 if i remember correctly, went to medical pre screening and failed the eye exam. Got it corrected went back to the eye exam again and passed but never heard from them again.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSCOHopeful View Post
                  I don't know of a forum but there is The Chief (http://thechiefleader.com). They have a paper and digital subscription. I just renewed. It was $50 for 2 years. They have a civil service section that tells you when new exams open up as well as other information, such as when civil service lists are posted. Other than that, you can check the DCAS schedule for NYC Jobs (http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa...amschedule.pdf) and the NYS CS Schedule (http://www.cs.ny.gov/announ/tentative_schedule.cfm) for state jobs.
                  Thank you.

Comment

• I found out about this job purely by accident, i always thought NYPD did the courts, live and learn

Comment

I will be going straight from work. I work for NJ transit and wear a uniform white shirt, navy pleaded pants, tie and black magnum law enforcement boots. You think that will be a problem?
                      Your looking better than half the people that were in my pre medical, maybe a blazer, but shirt, tie, slacks should be good.

Just think of it like this; your going on a job interview, so dress accordingly.

Comment

• Hey, everybody. I'm trying to find white soft-shell knee and elbow pads, but I can't seem to find any. Would anyone happen to have any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for the great thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saiano View Post
                          Hey, everybody. I'm trying to find white soft-shell knee and elbow pads, but I can't seem to find any. Would anyone happen to have any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for the great thread.
                          Sports authority or Modells?

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmydog
                            Quick up date my brother got his oral psychological Sunday they told him if he passes he's good to go for the February academy his list number was in the 8,000's
                            That's great news, for me and your brother, good to see high numbers are getting through, maybe list # 10,xxx will see an academy class after all

Did he do his pre academy medical yet?

Comment

Sports authority or Modells?
                              Thanks, Remedy. Unfortunately they don't have anything either. I've tried Amazon and Ebay (as well as generally searching online), Modell's, Dick's Sporting Goods, Sports Authority, Walmart, and even a motorcycle shop. I can find white pads and soft shell pads, but not white, soft shell pads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saiano View Post
                                Thanks, Remedy. Unfortunately they don't have anything either. I've tried Amazon and Ebay (as well as generally searching online), Modell's, Dick's Sporting Goods, Sports Authority, Walmart, and even a motorcycle shop. I can find white pads and soft shell pads, but not white, soft shell pads.
                                Did you check the volleyball section. I always see knee pads there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8058 users online. 427 members and 7631 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X