300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
    There are some facts in my statement . I did pass the medical and I will be in the Feb 17 academy based on my list # there were others in the previous class with list #'s in the 4000's. This being the last class is anyone's guess . The oca worker told me that this is the only class scheduled so far for 2015.
    Cool, sorry for not being clear, i meant the part about the feb 17th class and it being the last one on the list.

Thank you for explaining.

Comment

• The Court system year is from April to March. This will be the last class this Fiscal year. When the new year starts (April) there may be another class. They (OCA) prob haven't decided yet.
      http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
      NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• I have another dumb question. Do we get paid while in the academy or not until it's over?

Comment

• Are you serious ?

Comment

• Or delirious ? Lol, yes you get paid from day 1
            Last edited by soon2retire; 01-23-2015, 06:43 PM.
            RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Or both , lol.

Comment

• lol XD Sorry. Just checking. Thanks!

Comment

• do Court Officers get OT ??

Comment

• Originally posted by poolearmor View Post
                    do Court Officers get OT ??
                    Yes there is OT. Who and how you get it is a different story....

Comment

• Hello all,

Just want to say WOW, what a long thread, cant believe its still active! Lots of good info here.

I have taken the October 2014 exam and being very anxious for the late spring early summer list to come out. I feel I did well and hoping to confirm that.

For starters, I have noticed on the current list established there are ALOT of people on here that seem to be all east of my JD... I am in the 8th JD and didnt see much on here from anyone in the Buffalo/ Niagara Falls NY area. If there is anyone on here Id love to chat with you. I read in the threads there is upwards of 80-100k people who have taken the current exam, I was also not aloud to choice multiple districts on my exam like the previous exam. Will this maybe speed up the canvasing process making it more local to our district?

Also I have looked up the height to weight ratios and I am over about 10lbs, Im sure if need be I can lose it but I have a very muscular build and weighing in at 195lbs at 5'9" Do they take in consideration your muscle and fat index? Because I am very lean already and would be fairly hard to lose mass unless its going to be muscle. It does concern me a little.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdaoaudio View Post
                        Also I have looked up the height to weight ratios and I am over about 10lbs, Im sure if need be I can lose it but I have a very muscular build and weighing in at 195lbs at 5'9" Do they take in consideration your muscle and fat index? Because I am very lean already and would be fairly hard to lose mass unless its going to be muscle. It does concern me a little.
                        From the 194 pages, it doesn't matter if you're all muscle and no fat. Unlikely your doctor will allow it.

Comment

• I have received a canvass letter in november telling me that I am being considered for hire from the test I took in 2008. I took the test in October also. I am still waiting to receive a letter as to when to start the screening process. This was for nyc district. Anybody else get a letter in november and still waiting? Anyone know when we can expect to start the screening process?

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank1988 View Post
                            I have received a canvass letter in november telling me that I am being considered for hire from the test I took in 2008. I took the test in October also. I am still waiting to receive a letter as to when to start the screening process. This was for nyc district. Anybody else get a letter in november and still waiting? Anyone know when we can expect to start the screening process?
                            If you dont mind me asking, what was your grade and list number if you can recall. Ex. 9*.**, 10,000
                            OTJ

**** is real in the field..! Don't talk about it..!

Comment

• Hey Shimmydog did you call that office number?

Comment

• Hopefully it will work out. Im guessing everybody is either waiting on backgrounds, waiting to be called for a class or waiting on test results. The waiting period, where the forum gets quiet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9956 users online. 464 members and 9492 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X