300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PetitBeaute View Post
    you're moving quick! awesome, best of luck. I'll be keeping an eye out for your updates.
    I hope so, got the canvas letter right after my honeymoon, when I had already forgotten about the exam I took back in 2009.
    So far, so good, hope something i forgot in my past doesnt come back to haunt me...

Comment

• Has anyone gotten a call for the Feb academy yet? And if so can you let us know your rank? I did the pre hire medical a couple of weeks ago and hoping to get a call. I am ranked in the 5,000's.

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmydog
        Same situation her HopeFloats got my canvass letter Oct hopefully I'll get my medical soon I forgot about this exam I put it out of my mind since I'm 12300 on the list... the hiring process for the nypd exam I took is about to begin so hopefully I get something it's so hard to get hired in nyc
        No pre med yet!?!? Did you guys call the court officer processing and medical screening unit yet? Time is of the essence

Comment

• Originally posted by Kbrad View Post
          Has anyone gotten a call for the Feb academy yet? And if so can you let us know your rank? I did the pre hire medical a couple of weeks ago and hoping to get a call. I am ranked in the 5,000's.
          Kbrad being that you've already completed everything, you should definitely be on someones list for the next class, now its all about patience.
          Congratulations, hopefully I will make it too

Comment

• Hi all, first time poster here. I took the pre-hire medical recently and now just waiting for notice about the upcoming academy class in February. I have a somewhat dumb question but couldn't find much information on the academy website. I live north of the city in the hudson valley and was wondering what the usual daily hours of the academy are. I've taken the train for all my screening process tests and the train ride is about 1.5-2 hours depending on the time of day I went down. I was wondering if it would be best to find a place to stay in the city during my time at the academy or continue to take the train every day to get there. Also is it a 7 days a week stay or 5 days with weekends off? I'm just trying to figure out what time I would have leave and what time I'd get home at the end of the day. Thanks in advance for your help! It's been nice reading through this thread and seeing other people's experiences with the process!

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmydog
              No I was told they'd contact me if u have the number post it I'll call first thing in the morning !
              Found this on page 186, good luck.

COURT OFFICER PROCESSING & MEDICAL SCREENING UNIT
              Alisha Ostacher-Cox - SupervisorEmail:*[email protected]
              Phone: (212) 428-2145 Fax: (212) 428-2565
              Address: 25 Beaver Street, Room 1081, New York, NY 10004
              Processing Hotline: (212) 428-5511
              Email:*[email protected]

Comment

• I am no professional on this subject but from reading this whole thread I think you should show up at the academy at around 8:30 am, which is early to get ready to start around 9 - 9:30am. You have to show up dressed up and change for whatever activity they have for the day. I read they keep you till around 5 pm. It should only be Mon thru Fri. Do you mind letting me know somewhat where you are ranked? In what range? I am in the 5,000's.

Originally posted by GoalCharter View Post
                Hi all, first time poster here. I took the pre-hire medical recently and now just waiting for notice about the upcoming academy class in February. I have a somewhat dumb question but couldn't find much information on the academy website. I live north of the city in the hudson valley and was wondering what the usual daily hours of the academy are. I've taken the train for all my screening process tests and the train ride is about 1.5-2 hours depending on the time of day I went down. I was wondering if it would be best to find a place to stay in the city during my time at the academy or continue to take the train every day to get there. Also is it a 7 days a week stay or 5 days with weekends off? I'm just trying to figure out what time I would have leave and what time I'd get home at the end of the day. Thanks in advance for your help! It's been nice reading through this thread and seeing other people's experiences with the process!

Comment

• Congratulations GoalCharter

Comment

• I'm ranked in the 8000's, and thanks HopeFloats!

Comment

• Originally posted by HopeFloats View Post
                      Day 30 of the investigation process...
                      Hey Hopefloats,

whats going on? looks like it will take a while. My investigator did tell me when i went in that they were just finishing up the people that started it in August. Don't know if there's any truth to that or he just didn't want to be bothered with calls from the candidates because he also told me not to call or email him unless something has changed lol he said he would contact me. Anything worth mentioning from your end?

Comment

• Originally posted by GH1187 View Post
                        Hey Hopefloats,

whats going on? looks like it will take a while. My investigator did tell me when i went in that they were just finishing up the people that started it in August. Don't know if there's any truth to that or he just didn't want to be bothered with calls from the candidates because he also told me not to call or email him unless something has changed lol he said he would contact me. Anything worth mentioning from your end?
                        Hey whats up GH1187, all is well, hoping and praying like everybody else
                        Text me your cell #, you should have mine in your pm's somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kbrad View Post
                          I am no professional on this subject but from reading this whole thread I think you should show up at the academy at around 8:30 am, which is early to get ready to start around 9 - 9:30am. You have to show up dressed up and change for whatever activity they have for the day. I read they keep you till around 5 pm. It should only be Mon thru Fri. Do you mind letting me know somewhat where you are ranked? In what range? I am in the 5,000's.
                          Academy is 9 to 5:00, Monday thru Friday.

Comment

• You should show up at 8-8:15am. 9 is when you are expected to be changed and ready to go for the day's activities.

Many people have a 2 hour commute into the academy, be it from the Hudson valley or from Long Island, never heard of someone staying in Manhattan every day M-F

Comment

• If your 'on time', your late

Comment

• I started the bi in August 2014 and I have my pre medical on Thursday. My rank is 38xx it looks like they will hire in the 4000's for feb I could be wrong

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10993 users online. 517 members and 10476 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X