300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nyscourt1986 View Post
    I dont know how it works when it comes to academy classes, If its a collective pool for people being canvassed for multiple JD's? I know that there is two seperate locations one being in NYC and another one upstate. So im not sure if people being canvassed for upstate JD's attend academy upstate and vice versa for people being canvassed for LI, NYC and lower westchester attend the NYC location.

When i took the test in 09 i picked pretty much all the JD's. I received a letter with canvass letters for the 3rd and 4th JD. They specifically asked you to pick one area if you were being canvassed for more than one JD.

Hope that answers your question.
    Yes..thanks!

Comment

• HELLO TO ALL

I have read different posts indicating that there is an Academy ongoing upstate and also an Academy that is scheduled this February in NYC. After the February class has anyone any info of when the next Academy in NYC will begin? I have received my canvass letter and sent it in. I received an E-mail confirming it was received and that I would be notified about the next step. I have not been contacted, or have done premed or any other step thus far. I understand the 2009 list will or may expire in June or July 2015. Is there an Academy that will take place after the February class? I have taken the 2014 test as well and believe I did better this time around. Still hoping to get in from 2009 test. Any info i would appreciate it. All the best to all.

Comment

• If you have the time, you should read the first few pages of this thread. This thread started on January 2010 (exactly 5 years ago) and at that time, the 2005 test was set to expire around July 2010. Right now, we are basically in the same scenario: January 2015 with the 2009 test set to expire in July 2015.

Comment

• Good news! Spoke to my friend who's otj in regards to the rumor about OCA throwing out the 2014 test. He said he hasn't heard anything like that and thinks its bogus! He will let me know if he hears anything to the contrary.

Comment

• 10characters
            Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-25-2015, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• I was a little bit when I heard it, especially since there were so many reported problems during the test, some of which I experienced firsthand...and they allowed people to retake the memory section from the 2009 test...but what unblindeacon and soon2retire said made a lot more sense. Why would they waste all that time and money throwing out the test?
              Last edited by NYSCOHopeful; 01-18-2015, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/...lts/2010.shtml

if anyone interested to see the rank area where every point makes a difference.

Comment

• Thats pretty crazy how .1 makes a big difference.

Comment

• Any idea when the list comes out? I saw something about July. Is that correct?

Comment

• Go back about 10 pages and you should find your answer.

Comment

• Day 30 of the investigation process...

Comment

• did you get your pre-med done? i scored 83 and ranked 10,xxx got a canvas in Oct and nothing since.

Comment

• Originally posted by HopeFloats View Post
                            Day 30 of the investigation process...
                            did you get your pre-med done? i scored 83 and ranked 10,xxx got a canvas in Oct and nothing since.

Comment

• pre med

Originally posted by PetitBeaute View Post
                              did you get your pre-med done? i scored 83 and ranked 10,xxx got a canvas in Oct and nothing since.
                              Did that in oct 2014, failed the 1st time because of weight & blood pressure, took it again 3 weeks later and passed. Took the PAT and psych already, scored 87 on exam and list # 10×××.

Comment

• Originally posted by HopeFloats View Post
                                Did that in oct 2014, failed the 1st time because of weight & blood pressure, took it again 3 weeks later and passed. Took the PAT and psych already, scored 87 on exam and list # 10×××.
                                you're moving quick! awesome, best of luck. I'll be keeping an eye out for your updates.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3963 users online. 156 members and 3807 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X