Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kbrad View Post
    New York City
    i was canvassed for the 3rd JD up by Albany. I'm still waiting for a letter telling me about taking a pre-medical. They told me i should be hearing from them by first week of February.

Comment

• how many push-ups do I need to do, and sit ups?

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmydog
        Email them and clarify cause so far I asked an investigator and emailed the city about it and they both said the same thing it's just weird that they would pay for u to go through the process only to not hire u I hope I'm right cause time is running out !
        When i spoke to the woman in COT. She told me once the list expires the only way you will not be disqualified is by being in the academy. Other wise people got free medical screenings. So keep your fingers crossed.

Comment

• when do they anticipate the list will expire? if they have an academy class in February then all of you guys are good to go, if its in april im sure you will still be good to go.

Comment

• smart way of thing @shimmydog!! I agree with you all the way man!!!!

Comment

• I highly doubt they will extend it, I mean worse case senirio they may use the December date to establish the list, maybe that's why they give the exam on 2 different dates? who knows only ucs would know wats really going on. they cant issue a refund as it would cost them a fortune, or they will curve it, im not sure.

Comment

• They can delay establishing the new list if they have a group ready to hire off of the old list. They have done so in the past.
                RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• As I have said in the past, and as soon2retire just wrote, OCA does what it pleases. They might kill the list July and wait a year before certifying the new list. Or they might keep hiring from the existing list right up until they certify the new. OCA has followed both paths.

Comment

• Ok just to make a few things clear.

The old list will die when the new list is certified. If you were not called and didn't start the process you will be SOL. If you have been called and are going through the process you will not be dead on the list and you will continue the process until your hired OR a sufficient number of people from the new list are eligible for hire. There MUST always be a list of qualified candidates at all times, whether or not there are plans to hire. I THINK the new list will be certified between June and September of 2015 with the first batch of eligible and qualified candidates being hired between January to April of 2016. That means that if your qualified or close to being qualified after the new test is certified you COULD still be hired until January-April of 2016. As DINO And Soon2retire have stated...OCA does whatever they want...including having 100's qualified for an academy but not hiring them. This is why scoring well is so important.

As far as PT....my advice is to get in great shape if your not already. The last thing you want to be worried about when your trying to learn complex legal procedure or agency policy is push-ups. Physical fitness is a key facet to every LE job and a component of hiring. Hopefully some have taken my advice and taken every available test.

Lastly, I can't stress the importance of searching/reading this thread. There are answers to all of your questions. I try to answer as many personal questions and give advice through my PM. But keep in mind you may not get the answer you want to hear.

We need good people. Hard working, smart team players who are looking for a career, not just a job.
                    http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                    NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Also to add two more things

Minimum Passing is typically 70%. I saw mention of 60% on the last page.

I HAVE NOT heard any talk or rumors of the latest test being thrown out.
                      http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                      NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by nyscourt1986 View Post
                        what JD were you canvassed for?
                        If the academy has another class with a different JD You picked will they offer you a spot in th e academy?
                        Last edited by jocut; 01-14-2015, 03:16 PM.

Comment

This is the letter I received after I took the prehire medical in Oct:

Dear Candidate:

Recently you were canvassed for consideration for an appointment as a New York State Court Officer-Trainee in New York City.

Please be advised that your rank was not reached for appointment. Your status will remain active for future consideration if there is another class before list #45-758 expires.

I take this letter as once the list expires it doesn't matter where I am in the process I will no longer be eligible. What are others thoughts on this?
                          how long after you took the pre hire medical and how long before the academy started did you get the letter? Im curious if they will reach my number or not.

Comment

• I did the pre hire medical around 3 weeks before the academy was to start. I received the letter above a month after the Oct academy started. I got called a little earlier for the upcoming Feb academy so I am hoping that is a good sign. They didn't give me any indication at the pre hire medical for Feb, just I have to wait to see if my rank is reached.

Originally posted by jocut View Post
                            how long after you took the pre hire medical and how long before the academy started did you get the letter? Im curious if they will reach my number or not.

Comment

I did the pre hire medical around 3 weeks before the academy was to start. I received the letter above a month after the Oct academy started. I got called a little earlier for the upcoming Feb academy so I am hoping that is a good sign. They didn't give me any indication at the pre hire medical for Feb, just I have to wait to see if my rank is reached.
                              How high up are you in the rank? Im up by 43XX

Comment

• Originally posted by jocut View Post
                                If the academy has another class with a different JD You picked will they offer you a spot in th e academy?
                                I dont know how it works when it comes to academy classes, If its a collective pool for people being canvassed for multiple JD's? I know that there is two seperate locations one being in NYC and another one upstate. So im not sure if people being canvassed for upstate JD's attend academy upstate and vice versa for people being canvassed for LI, NYC and lower westchester attend the NYC location.

When i took the test in 09 i picked pretty much all the JD's. I received a letter with canvass letters for the 3rd and 4th JD. They specifically asked you to pick one area if you were being canvassed for more than one JD.

Hope that answers your question.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4124 users online. 204 members and 3920 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X