Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody in the last few classes been released AND/OR didnt graduate because they had a hard time with the PT?

Comment

• Originally posted by jocut View Post
      Has anybody in the last few classes been released AND/OR didnt graduate because they had a hard time with the PT?
      As per the Chief, no 1 full class has successfully completed the academy. Don't let that discourage you or anyone else. Have faith, keep working out & all else will fall in place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Action82 View Post
        As per the Chief, no 1 full class has successfully completed the academy. Don't let that discourage you or anyone else. Have faith, keep working out & all else will fall in place.
        Thanks. More worried about my run. Even at my best in my 20s I could never hit that time.

Comment

• Yes, if you struggle with PT you are in for a long 15 weeks. Yes recruits drop out and get kicked out. Keep working out.

As for them throwing the test out. That seems like a bad rumor started by a misinformed person. NYS will never admit to any wrong doing. If your pages were out of order or your test did not start on time. It is your fault not NYS fault. The sooner you realize this the better off you will be.

Comment

• Thanks New Job.

I should be ok with the running, I normally run 3 1/2 miles at 10 minute avg mile. So if I have to run only 1 1/2 miles I could get better than the 10 minute avg. The pushups I am really not worried about. Per those charts I am elite. The situps I have some work to do. I could do around 30 now.

What is mountain climbers? Guess I have to look it up and start working on that.

Thanks for the response.

Originally posted by New Job View Post
            When you do PT it consists of pushups, situps and mountain climbers. When you go out on a group run it's 1.5 miles. The numbers you need to hit when tested are based on your age/sex for the above minus the mountain climbers. Google Cooper Fitness Standards and look for the chart. You need to be in the 60% range

Comment

• Thank you all for answering. I need to do something with this run. I can make it but Ive never been blazing fast. What are the academy hours anyway? 9 to5?

Comment

• Originally posted by Clo 49 View Post
                Yes, if you struggle with PT you are in for a long 15 weeks. Yes recruits drop out and get kicked out. Keep working out.

As for them throwing the test out. That seems like a bad rumor started by a misinformed person. NYS will never admit to any wrong doing. If your pages were out of order or your test did not start on time. It is your fault not NYS fault. The sooner you realize this the better off you will be.
                Are the situps done like the ones for the P.A.T.?

Comment

• I don't remember the sit-ups for P.A.T.. The ones in the academy are standard, fingers interlocked behind the head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Action82 View Post
                    just got back from downstate academy for PAT step retest. i passed it 2 years ago but unfortunately due to my processing being put on hold to push downstate academy last juy, it expired and i struggled with cardio but blew the rest out of the water. there were 31 other candidates there for retest, 28 of them for step. only 3 passed. after the first 2 groups came back they all said the pulse meter was off and their numbers were way to high for having worked out for 3 months to prepare. i was in groups 3 and 4 and all of us failed. i did 3 practice step tests at home following all protocols and wearing a pulse oximeter. i passed all 3 times. i have been hitting the cardio extremely hard since october 3-4 times a week. it seems crazy that after all that work, i would not pass. the pulse meters seemed to reduce heartrate very slowly compared to my oximeter. considering you only have 30 seconds to meet your number, i think this is significant. i have never seen so many people fail. i am done with the process except eval board if need be and pre hire medical. do you think if i write to the chief with a video of me doing a step( and passing) will convince them to give me one more shot? i am really in disbelief that this happened. i was so ready for academy; been doing tons of pushups, situps and mountainclimber circuits....please advise

Comment

• whats the time to run the 1.5 mile less than 12min for 20-29 years old?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
                        whats the time to run the 1.5 mile less than 12min for 20-29 years old?
                        11.27 for the 60% males

Comment

• Originally posted by nissan51 View Post
                          11.27 for the 60% males
                          thank you

Comment

• This is the letter I received after I took the prehire medical in Oct:

Dear Candidate:

Recently you were canvassed for consideration for an appointment as a New York State Court Officer-Trainee in New York City.

Please be advised that your rank was not reached for appointment. Your status will remain active for future consideration if there is another class before list #45-758 expires.

I take this letter as once the list expires it doesn't matter where I am in the process I will no longer be eligible. What are others thoughts on this?

Originally posted by shimmydog
                            If Anyones interested I emailed [email protected] asked about the list expiring they said once u get your medical papers and your list expires your still be good once you start the process you don't have to worry about the list expiring

Comment

• Originally posted by Kbrad View Post
                              This is the letter I received after I took the prehire medical in Oct:

Dear Candidate:

Recently you were canvassed for consideration for an appointment as a New York State Court Officer-Trainee in New York City.

Please be advised that your rank was not reached for appointment. Your status will remain active for future consideration if there is another class before list #45-758 expires.

I take this letter as once the list expires it doesn't matter where I am in the process I will no longer be eligible. What are others thoughts on this?
                              what JD were you canvassed for?

Comment

• New York City

Originally posted by nyscourt1986 View Post
                                what JD were you canvassed for?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7709 users online. 404 members and 7305 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X