300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Action82 View Post
    No have no idea, but I hope it's a big class & hope my commands gets a few....i'll take any lil bit of seniority lol.
    Heard a large (125+) class, starting on Feb17th. Obviously no guarantee until it happens, but that'd be nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
      Heard a large (125+) class, starting on Feb17th. Obviously no guarantee until it happens, but that'd be nice.
      That would be great!!!

Comment

• Just got back from taking the state corrections exam. Was talking to a guy there who CLAIMS he heard from someone who works in the UCS that they are seriously considering throwing out the entire 2014 test because not everyone started the test at the same time, and he said because of some other mysterious "problem" he either didn't know the details of or didn't tell me. The part about not starting the test on time or at the same time definitely happened at my testing site, but throwing out the entire test because of that seems excessive. I don't want to seem like an alarmist because who knows how credible this guy's source is BUT I hope it isn't true. I'm going to talk to my friend who's a court officer and see what he says. In the meantime, has anyone else heard anything like this?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSCOHopeful View Post
          Just got back from taking the state corrections exam. Was talking to a guy there who CLAIMS he heard from someone who works in the UCS that they are seriously considering throwing out the entire 2014 test because not everyone started the test at the same time, and he said because of some other mysterious "problem" he either didn't know the details of or didn't tell me. The part about not starting the test on time or at the same time definitely happened at my testing site, but throwing out the entire test because of that seems excessive. I don't want to seem like an alarmist because who knows how credible this guy's source is BUT I hope it isn't true. I'm going to talk to my friend who's a court officer and see what he says. In the meantime, has anyone else heard anything like this?
          I hope that doesn't happen but there's no doubt that that test was a shamble. My whole room had a problem where the pages weren't in the right order.
          6/13 NYPD Exam 3068
          List# 3XX

12/14 NYS Court Officer Exam 45-784
          List#

Xbox Live: Gaspare718

Comment

• Rumors will abound about the test. No one will know what will happen until OCA decides.

Comment

• Originally posted by STATENS FINEST View Post
              I hope that doesn't happen but there's no doubt that that test was a shamble. My whole room had a problem where the pages weren't in the right order.
              How did they resolve that problem? Was everyone in your room able to start on time?

Comment

• Originally posted by Action82 View Post
                No have no idea, but I hope it's a big class & hope my commands gets a few....i'll take any lil bit of seniority lol.
                I hear ya....I am number 81 of 82

Comment

• 10characters
                  Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-25-2015, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSCOHopeful View Post
                    How did they resolve that problem? Was everyone in your room able to start on time?
                    We started on time but 15 minutes in we noticed the exam was messed up. The supervisor came in and took back all of our booklets and gave us new ones. She apologized and gave us an extra 45 minutes at the end of the exam.
                    6/13 NYPD Exam 3068
                    List# 3XX

List#

Comment

• Originally posted by STATENS FINEST View Post
                      We started on time but 15 minutes in we noticed the exam was messed up. The supervisor came in and took back all of our booklets and gave us new ones. She apologized and gave us an extra 45 minutes at the end of the exam.
                      So you're class was able to take the memorization part twice?

Comment

• Believe me, they would never throw it out on their own, why would they? It would cost them money that they would rather spend on other things-and I'm not talking about administering open competitive exams if you get my drift
                        Originally posted by NYSCOHopeful View Post
                        Just got back from taking the state corrections exam. Was talking to a guy there who CLAIMS he heard from someone who works in the UCS that they are seriously considering throwing out the entire 2014 test because not everyone started the test at the same time, and he said because of some other mysterious "problem" he either didn't know the details of or didn't tell me. The part about not starting the test on time or at the same time definitely happened at my testing site, but throwing out the entire test because of that seems excessive. I don't want to seem like an alarmist because who knows how credible this guy's source is BUT I hope it isn't true. I'm going to talk to my friend who's a court officer and see what he says. In the meantime, has anyone else heard anything like this?
                        Last edited by soon2retire; 01-11-2015, 10:47 PM.
                        RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvin911 View Post
                          So you're class was able to take the memorization part twice?
                          That booklet wasn't messed up unfortunately. Just the multiple choice booklet.
                          6/13 NYPD Exam 3068
                          List# 3XX

List#

Comment

• Originally posted by boredlimodriver View Post
                            My test in December went smoothly without any of the issues you guys had October

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Took mine in December too.
                            6/13 NYPD Exam 3068
                            List# 3XX

List#

Comment

• Physical requirements for the academy?

Does anyone know how many miles you have to run in the academy? And do you have to do it in a certain time? Also how many push ups and sit ups they do daily? And what other exercises they do?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kbrad View Post
                                Physical requirements for the academy?

Does anyone know how many miles you have to run in the academy? And do you have to do it in a certain time? Also how many push ups and sit ups they do daily? And what other exercises they do?
                                When you do PT it consists of pushups, situps and mountain climbers. When you go out on a group run it's 1.5 miles. The numbers you need to hit when tested are based on your age/sex for the above minus the mountain climbers. Google Cooper Fitness Standards and look for the chart. You need to be in the 60% range

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6083 users online. 357 members and 5726 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X