• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @shimmy dog, can you pm me?

Comment

• Bob the bull dog will be the first person called no matter what he scores

Comment

• From the time the grades for the exam are released until the hiring process begins a year can go by. OCA can stretch the existing list to fill vacancies until they are ready to start hiring from the new list.

Comment

• @nycpoorest! that was funny!!! I wish we all get hired those who took the test,, I really cant wait till the day we get or canvass letter! if we get results in july and they have an October academy they can push us thru the system fairly fast if that's the case.

Comment

• Are you saying your brother has been picked for the Feb academy already or has he just done the pre hire medical? I just took the pre hire medical for the Feb academy and haven't heard of anyone getting chosen yet. Just wondering also what your brothers rank is? I am in the 5,000's.

Originally posted by shimmydog
            Hey I took the court officer exam with my brother in 2009 my list in the 12000's. My brother is going into the academy in feb. I spoke to his investigator they still using my exam and are up to the 11000's my exam is only good till July... so I still got a slim chance.. he did tell me once u get called for the medical your good and don't have to worry about your exam expiring... just wanted to give u guys that just took the test a heads up its a hell of a wait unless you scored in the high 90's
            Last edited by Kbrad; 01-08-2015, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• If your grades are distributed in July, there is about zero chance you will be called for a class less than a year later. First a list has to be certified which takes at least a couple of months. Then the screening process begins. Once a group of candidates is vetted, the bosses are asked for their input on the number of Officers they want. Then the OCA honchos decide how many slots to fill. That is a general outline of the process, sufficient for your purposes.

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmydog
                Hey I took the court officer exam with my brother in 2009 my list in the 12000's. My brother is going into the academy in feb. I spoke to his investigator they still using my exam and are up to the 11000's my exam is only good till July... so I still got a slim chance.. he did tell me once u get called for the medical your good and don't have to worry about your exam expiring... just wanted to give u guys that just took the test a heads up its a hell of a wait unless you scored in the high 90's
                I would love for this to be true. However, reading through this thread, there are conflicting reports. I am more inclined to believe the BI though.

Comment

• It's not true homer. I took the pre hire medical for the Oct academy, didn't get chosen and received a letter stating as long as the 2009 (45-758) list is active I will be in the pool for another academy but once a new list is active, my list (45-758) will expire and I will no longer be in the pool for employment. A few things shimmydog says is questionable.

Originally posted by homers54321 View Post
                  I would love for this to be true. However, reading through this thread, there are conflicting reports. I am more inclined to believe the BI though.
                  Last edited by Kbrad; 01-08-2015, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Does anyone know how the placement works in the city? Meaning do you get to choose which borough to work in (Brooklyn, Queens, etc) or do they place you? Does this get done before you go into the academy or after?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kbrad View Post
                      It's not true homer. I took the pre hire medical for the Oct academy, didn't get chosen and received a letter stating as long as the 2009 (45-758) list is active I will be in the pool for another academy but once a new list is active, my list (45-758) will expire and I will no longer be in the pool for employment. A few things shimmydog says is questionable.
                      I spoke with someone in COT, If you're in the Academy by July from (45-758) you will be fine. If not, you will no longer be in the pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kbrad View Post
                        Does anyone know how the placement works in the city? Meaning do you get to choose which borough to work in (Brooklyn, Queens, etc) or do they place you? Does this get done before you go into the academy or after?
                        When you get the call it'll be for NYC (or the 9th, or suffolk). Specific assignments are given out after graduation based on need/hooks. From my class, only a couple went to Staten Island and queens while the rest all went to the other boroughs.

Comment

• dinosaur, once the listed gets established they send out canvass letters to maybe 2k people out of those 2k people they start the screening process,,ie medical jst etc.. bi work basicailly, and once your cleared u wull be put into the next academy class. they have been having 3-4 academy class a yr for last 2.5. yrs. the classes are not big but they do. a lot of ppl get dq..

Comment

• 10characters
                            Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-25-2015, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBBY THE BULL DOG View Post
                              dinosaur, once the listed gets established they send out canvass letters to maybe 2k people out of those 2k people they start the screening process,,ie medical jst etc.. bi work basicailly, and once your cleared u wull be put into the next academy class. they have been having 3-4 academy class a yr for last 2.5. yrs. the classes are not big but they do. a lot of ppl get dq..
                              A quick glance at the court website will show 6 graduating classes (there's one in upstate right now) since 2010.

Comment

• Other than nypd what academy has a huge class in ny? Other than corrections and that isn't a lot I'm sure people get Dq. I also know people turn down the job they get a career and don't want to pass up what they have. Look at it from all angles. Dinosaur if you read his profile is a retired court officer and out many years in. He's been here done that and moved on. I don't question people on the job and have been on the job they know what goes on. Everybody has different experiences but someone on the job knows way more than a person who speculates. The list will be put together later this year when they get to canvassing maybe 2016 not by the end of the year. The system isn't that fast. The people who go in now will probably be the last class from the list that's out now. The needs of the entire department get talked about etc it's a huge process don't expect anything for at least a year and that's being nice this is ny nothing is easy

Nyc law enforcement hopeful
                                Nypd exam 3319 5xx
                                Nyc doc 3303 5xx
                                Special officer 3329 list 3xx
                                NYS court officer tbd 2015?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6897 users online. 311 members and 6586 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X