Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good luck to all of you. Keep those heads up!!!!

Comment

• how many people took this past exam and who actually pass? how do they grade this test? do they do a tally of how much each person got on certain questions or how does it work?

Comment

• Someone told me 90K people took the test. So if only 50K people took it, that's somewhat encouraging. Gotta figure at least a couple thousand failed. Still, it would be nice if the waiting period wasn't so long..

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSCOHopeful View Post
          Someone told me 90K people took the test. So if only 50K people took it, that's somewhat encouraging. Gotta figure at least a couple thousand failed. Still, it would be nice if the waiting period wasn't so long..
          90k people statewide. Even if everyone did pass some will get knocked out at medicals, physical ability tests, background checks, psychologicals, and than on top of that you gotta think about the people thats not willing to relocate like me. If I can I want to stay in or near NYC. Let some jd upstate contact me for canvassing and believe it or not I will pass on it depending on how far it is.

Comment

• So many people get knocked out on the medical. When I took mine we started with probably 100 people in the room. By the time it was done there were maybe around 20. The weight is where I think a lot of candidates got eliminated. Check the website for regulations and don't go in there and try to tell the nurses that the reason you are over the weight limit is due to muscle mass. They are not dumb!

Comment

• Originally posted by Clo 49 View Post
              So many people get knocked out on the medical. When I took mine we started with probably 100 people in the room. By the time it was done there were maybe around 20. The weight is where I think a lot of candidates got eliminated. Check the website for regulations and don't go in there and try to tell the nurses that the reason you are over the weight limit is due to muscle mass. They are not dumb!

Ill probably get knocked off from the background honestly. I was a knucklehead during my teenage years honestly even though its been quite some time

Comment

• I've been retired for a few years now, but I will say that there are many female officers now. Supposedly as much as 40% in some commands. I'm married to an officer that I used to work with.. I had no problem with 95% of the women I worked with. Good luck, and I hope you get processed before the new list comes out.
                Originally posted by Jt4791 View Post
                Hey guys! I'm new to the thread.

I received the availability inquiry for Suffolk County back in I believe November. I of course responded that I am interested in the position, but have not heard back yet. Any ideas about when I should hear back? I took the exam back in 2009 when I first started college. I have a B.S. in Psychology, so I'm hoping that looks good!

I was going for Nursing, but this is what I really wanted (and not to go into debt). I'm a female, and judging by the posts, I assume this is a predominantly male thread. I'd love to hear some insight on the position and any form of advice would be great especially if there are other females or if guys want to describe their experience with working with females.

Good luck to everyone going through the process and congrats to those that just got into the next academy!
                Last edited by soon2retire; 01-04-2015, 04:29 PM.
                RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Yes, being a knuckle head can come back to bite you.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvin911 View Post
                    Ill probably get knocked off from the background honestly. I was a knucklehead during my teenage years honestly even though its been quite some time
                    Be truthful and take a shot. I got in arrested/summonsed a few times during my teenage years ( more my immediately after after high school years ) and got the ok to start the next academy for one of the agencies I wanted here in the city for special officer. If the court officer process is like the one for special officer here in the city than you're only real hurdle will be the psych and interview as long as you provided everything beforehand and left nothing out. I mean you might be out a few dollars but I'd rather that for a shot at a career than to just ignore it and keep working jobs the rest of my life.

Comment

• but how do they grade them exam is what I'm trying to figure out.

Comment

• Dude, you need to chill out. If and when they get to you, they'll tell you. You can't make it go any faster. Relax. Get off the board. Stop posting the same questions over and over...
                        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                          Dude, you need to chill out. If and when they get to you, they'll tell you. You can't make it go any faster. Relax. Get off the board. Stop posting the same questions over and over...
                          I was actually thinking about blocking him sooner or later

Comment

• Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
                            Be truthful and take a shot. I got in arrested/summonsed a few times during my teenage years ( more my immediately after after high school years ) and got the ok to start the next academy for one of the agencies I wanted here in the city for special officer. If the court officer process is like the one for special officer here in the city than you're only real hurdle will be the psych and interview as long as you provided everything beforehand and left nothing out. I mean you might be out a few dollars but I'd rather that for a shot at a career than to just ignore it and keep working jobs the rest of my life.

Im going to pray on it.. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBBY THE BULL DOG View Post
                              but how do they grade them exam is what I'm trying to figure out.
                              Dude stop posting the same nonsense over and over again . What is the matter with you??.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clo 49 View Post
                                So many people get knocked out on the medical. When I took mine we started with probably 100 people in the room. By the time it was done there were maybe around 20. The weight is where I think a lot of candidates got eliminated. Check the website for regulations and don't go in there and try to tell the nurses that the reason you are over the weight limit is due to muscle mass. They are not dumb!
                                There are so many people that fail the PAT as well. When I took the PAT only 13 made it through . I managed to make it through on 2 hours of sleep because I had to work late the night before .

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5961 users online. 323 members and 5638 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X