Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first time around they shot me down with a "no glasses" eye-site of 200/20 (yeah.. sad). they actually made my sit in the hall for 15 minutes w/o glasses to let my eyes adjust. Thank god for lasik!

Comment

• Originally posted by Monkeyboy49 View Post
      Yeah, I would hate to be shot down because of an eye test. I wear contacts so my vision is 20/20 with them on .... but my question is, do they test you without them on also ? It's seems like they do, but the way they explain it in the test guide is pretty confusing. The way I read it, you need a vision of at least 20/70 without corrective lenses.
      I was tested both ways, with and without.

Comment

• Ok, thanks Port ... it looks like it will have to be Lasik for me also ... my vision is 20/200 ... I will try to find the best place to get it done ... I guess I will wait to get the canvas letter first ...

Comment

• Originally posted by port1 View Post
          I was tested both ways, with and without.
          Hey port1 ..since you went through all the steps...how was the interview with the board? What was it like? Is it like an actual interview where you wear a suit and tie?

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
            Hey port1 ..since you went through all the steps...how was the interview with the board? What was it like? Is it like an actual interview where you wear a suit and tie?
            Hard to say what it was like since I wasn't invited. This review board is not a face to face with the applicant. Do wear a suit and tie when you meet with your investigator.
            Last edited by port1; 09-08-2010, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• Always wear a suit to everything.

Comment

• I know a few of the guys here are taking the Court Assistant test on October 23, as I am ... anyone have any idea about how many people usually take this test, is it as popular as the C O test ? ... and how many get hired as compared to Court Officers ?

Comment

I know a few of the guys here are taking the Court Assistant test on October 23, as I am ... anyone have any idea about how many people usually take this test, is it as popular as the C O test ? ... and how many get hired as compared to Court Officers ?
                  well i dont think its as popular as the co test due to the fact there is just one test date and also there are more requirements to meet than just a high school diploma, but being that the retirement is being given to all positions, i am guessing they are going to be looking to hire a good amount of court assistants as well, by the way did you purchase the study guide for this exam

Comment

• Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                    well i dont think its as popular as the co test due to the fact there is just one test date and also there are more requirements to meet than just a high school diploma, but being that the retirement is being given to all positions, i am guessing they are going to be looking to hire a good amount of court assistants as well, by the way did you purchase the study guide for this exam
                    I did buy the Passbook for Court Assistant by NLC ... which study guide are you referring to ?

Comment

I did buy the Passbook for Court Assistant by NLC ... which study guide are you referring to ?
                      I have the same one, i just wish they would have given an explantion for the right answer instead of simply stating it

Comment

• Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                        I have the same one, i just wish they would have given an explantion for the right answer instead of simply stating it
                        I know, that really is a drawback ... after looking at the subject of the exam in the test announcement, I think some of the type of questions we see in the Passbook will not be on the exam ... meaning, I don't think the actual exam will have those detailed questions about clerical work that are in some of the exams in the Passbook ...
                        Last edited by Monkeyboy49; 09-09-2010, 01:50 PM.

Comment

I know, that really is a drawback ... after looking at the subject of the exam in the test announcement, I think some of the type of questions we see in the Passbook will not be on the exam ... meaning, I don't think the actual exam will have those detailed questions about clerical work that are in some of the exams in the Passbook ...
                          I entered college credits on the application (enough to take the place of clerical experience), yet it still wanted me to enter clerical experience on the application (It wouldn't let me submit the app w/o it filled in). Anyone else have this happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                            I entered college credits on the application (enough to take the place of clerical experience), yet it still wanted me to enter clerical experience on the application (It wouldn't let me submit the app w/o it filled in). Anyone else have this happen?
                            I don't think that happened to me. I was able to submit the application with just my college credits. It was so long ago I don't really remember but of I was asked I work in a bank so I do have some clerical experience but I don't remember indicating that. Were u eventually able to submit the application?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackangel5288 View Post
                              I don't think that happened to me. I was able to submit the application with just my college credits. It was so long ago I don't really remember but of I was asked I work in a bank so I do have some clerical experience but I don't remember indicating that. Were u eventually able to submit the application?
                              I was able to submit the application but had to add some clerical experience (was less than their required amount of years of experience). I just confirmed with the exams unit that the 120 college credits can take the place of 4 yrs exp.

Besides the description in the application, I was wondering if anyone knew more details on the daily job duties of Court Assistants. The advantages and disadvantages of each position (Court Officer vs. Assistant)? Just wondering in case it came down to choosing between both.

Comment

• Well for starters... No academy or physical requirements, but both can be promoted to clerk down the road.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8775 users online. 408 members and 8367 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X