300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Junior214 View Post
    Me too I'm from queens born and raised from the 80s to present day you see how Nassau and Suffolk other than pd you need to be a county resident nypd needs that standard as well

NYC law enforcement hopeful
    I think so too but you should be able to leave NYC once you become a cop but it's not going to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
      I think so too but you should be able to leave NYC once you become a cop but it's not going to happen.
      I agree too. I have a house in queens I'm in the burbs low crime quiet and near everything for me I'm home. Not knocking the next man/woman with what they want to do but I'm happy

Comment

• A history lesson is called for here: In 1973, 2 tests were given for the title of Uniformed Court Officer, as the job expanded wildly. The requirements then were a college degree, military service or 3 years as a police officer. About 3,000 total were on the lists. A few years later OCA gave another test, over 100K took that test. That test was challenged on racial discrimination lines and the results thrown out. OCA then worked to set standards and devise a test that could not be challenged. No test since then has been successfully fought. The test is written at a 12th grade reading level and whether or not you have a degree you must have pretty decent reading comprehension skills. I do not know if a study was ever done to see if the racial composition of the job changed with the test. I do know that there are more women on the job today than when I started, but that might be a societal change. Remember this, OCA reacts strongly to criticism. OCA does not truly care about the number of minorities or women on the job as long as they are not criticized.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
          A history lesson is called for here: In 1973, 2 tests were given for the title of Uniformed Court Officer, as the job expanded wildly. The requirements then were a college degree, military service or 3 years as a police officer. About 3,000 total were on the lists. A few years later OCA gave another test, over 100K took that test. That test was challenged on racial discrimination lines and the results thrown out. OCA then worked to set standards and devise a test that could not be challenged. No test since then has been successfully fought. The test is written at a 12th grade reading level and whether or not you have a degree you must have pretty decent reading comprehension skills. I do not know if a study was ever done to see if the racial composition of the job changed with the test. I do know that there are more women on the job today than when I started, but that might be a societal change. Remember this, OCA reacts strongly to criticism. OCA does not truly care about the number of minorities or women on the job as long as they are not criticized.
          Thanks for the insight

Comment

• Originally posted by Junior214 View Post
            No fighting over here just a bunch of hungry *** people who want to get On the job

Yeah a lot of people that is hungry to get the job but whats the point of al this small talk and hopes if no one has their grade yet?

Comment

• With the FD they gave a projection on how many they were looking to hire, any projections with the courts in New York City?

Comment

• I read a article where they said they got more money for budget an will look to start hiring people faster.

Comment

• What is the pay scale of a court office? Is it a big difference from PD?

Comment

• Originally posted by mtc288 View Post
                    What is the pay scale of a court office? Is it a big difference from PD?
                    There starting pay is close to pd top pay is slightly lower I think 65 the website pamphlet explains it better

Comment

• http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/...erBrochure.pdf

Page 2 of the brochure. A little searching never hurt anyone.

Comment

• If I'm sure the starting pay is more than what is on the website. There's a new contract.

Comment

• Wow. 2 years away and this thread is still kicking. What's going on guys? I see there are still a great number of questions and even more misguided answers. Guys. Keep your heads up and your mouths shut and you will be one step ahead.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Safetyman View Post
                            If I'm sure the starting pay is more than what is on the website. There's a new contract.
                            New contract applies to upstate officers only

Comment

• Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
                              New contract applies to upstate officers only
                              You're right. Just found this.

All employees in Judicial Districts Three through Eight, except those employees who have
                              been designated as managerial or confidential pursuant to law; and all employees who served
                              in State-paid nonjudicial positions in the Unified Court System prior to April 1, 1977 and all
                              employees who were paid by the County of Orange, the County of Dutchess, the County of
                              Putnam, the City of Port Jervis, the City of New Rochelle, the City of Newburgh, the City
                              of Middletown, the City of Poughkeepsie, the City of Mount Vernon, the City of Peekskill,
                              the City of Beacon, the City of Rye, the City of Glen Cove and the City of Long Beach, and
                              similar positions or titles thereafter created, except those employees who have been, or
                              hereafter are, designated managerial or confidential pursuant to law

Comment

• Some of the downstate unions have not settled their contracts but yes. Pay is higher than stated on the website.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8054 users online. 427 members and 7627 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X