Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby-- any chance you know how many people took this test?

Comment

• There saying 90k plus

NYC law enforcement hopeful

Comment

• Originally posted by Junior214 View Post
        There saying 90k plus

All these state agencies when they give a test run that high just like state police and state corrections

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
          All these state agencies when they give a test run that high just like state police and state corrections
          Yea it's a swarm because it's not a regular test and they are good job great jobs

Comment

Yea it's a swarm because it's not a regular test and they are good job great jobs

I would be very surprised if 20k pass the test and a lot of them will probably will some part of the process. These tests that don't require college get a lot of people that take it

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
              I would be very surprised if 20k pass the test and a lot of them will probably will some part of the process. These tests that don't require college get a lot of people that take it
              I wonder why you don't need college for this but anything police related you do? Like you still need to know and understand the law you go through a grueling academy and your there to serve and protect judges Adas da etc there's a lot riding on it

Comment

I wonder why you don't need college for this but anything police related you do? Like you still need to know and understand the law you go through a grueling academy and your there to serve and protect judges Adas da etc there's a lot riding on it

No clue but they should deff make it a requirement

Comment

• over 90k at least

Comment

• whole point is a lot of people who have college back ground will not take a job like this.... the starting pay is ****yy that's number one, number 2 if you have a college degree you can use it in other ways were you will benefit and actually make more then 45k starting pay or whatever it is. also when they canvas im sure they grade them accordingly like they would rather have a person with college rather than someone with just a high school diploma.. hence is why you had to fill in the questionnaire..... why do you guys think they had that there where everyone had to fill out that section.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBBY THE BULL DOG View Post
                      whole point is a lot of people who have college back ground will not take a job like this.... the starting pay is ****yy that's number one, number 2 if you have a college degree you can use it in other ways were you will benefit and actually make more then 45k starting pay or whatever it is. also when they canvas im sure they grade them accordingly like they would rather have a person with college rather than someone with just a high school diploma.. hence is why you had to fill in the questionnaire..... why do you guys think they had that there where everyone had to fill out that section.
                      dude a lot of the Feds jobs require a bachelors degree that pay a lot less

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBBY THE BULL DOG View Post
                        whole point is a lot of people who have college back ground will not take a job like this.... the starting pay is ****yy that's number one, number 2 if you have a college degree you can use it in other ways were you will benefit and actually make more then 45k starting pay or whatever it is. also when they canvas im sure they grade them accordingly like they would rather have a person with college rather than someone with just a high school diploma.. hence is why you had to fill in the questionnaire..... why do you guys think they had that there where everyone had to fill out that section.
                        lol at the fact that you believe that they use the questionnaire to rank people . Must be the first civil service test you ever took

Comment

• And another point the average starting salary for people who graduated with a bachelors is $45000 about what state court officers start off at

Comment

• It's more than just pay for guys look at everyone who is in pd before the new contract that was making 30 a year like that's an insult but there heart didn't stop them from performing there daily duties you have to want the job many basic jobs pay more than whAt the city and state offers yet more and more people take it. It's deeper than salary it's the love for law enforcement

Comment

• Originally posted by HopeFloats View Post
                              Congratulations Newjob I too am keeping the faith!

GH1187 we met on the line saturday, waiting for the background, send me a pm when you can.
                              Hey i tried to PM you and it's blocked. PM me when you unblock the setting.

Comment

• I don't know if having a college degree really makes you a better officer. I worked with many guys/gals who were HS grads who were outstanding officers. They had excellent knowledge of the law and could take care of business when the [email protected]&$ hit the fan. The worst? A computer genius w/a Masters who while on a crack binge broke into the courthouse where he was assigned and stole a bag of drugs that were in evidence. Wound up doing 4-12 for that bit of insanity
                                Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
                                No clue but they should deff make it a requirement
                                RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10748 users online. 391 members and 10357 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X