Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
    Bingo.
    So does this make court officers the strongest peace officers in the state? Or are bto the same I'm reading the cpl now actually just trying to understand our laws they are very confusing (certain parts) the wording is funny

NYC law enforcement hopeful

Comment

• Thanks in advance for the answers you guys helped out a lot

Comment

• junior214....The answer is no....Police Officers on duty in their geographical area of operation have more "powers" than any Peace Officer. And in my post about CPL ART 140 I was writing about on duty officers. Off duty, Police Officers have greater warrantless arrest powers than off duty Peace Officers. One of the limitations to the authority of Peace Officers is the phrase "pursuant to his special duties". Again, I strongly suggest you read CAREFULLY CPL Sect 2.20 and CPL Art 140. Those sections will guide your life as LEOs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
          junior214....The answer is no....Police Officers on duty in their geographical area of operation have more "powers" than any Peace Officer. And in my post about CPL ART 140 I was writing about on duty officers. Off duty, Police Officers have greater warrantless arrest powers than off duty Peace Officers. One of the limitations to the authority of Peace Officers is the phrase "pursuant to his special duties". Again, I strongly suggest you read CAREFULLY CPL Sect 2.20 and CPL Art 140. Those sections will guide your life as LEOs.
          Thank you I'm checking that I appreciate the advice

Comment

• nys court officers are with the STATE NYPD is with the CITY
            big difference STATE IS HIGHEr

Comment

• BOBBY....Not that the State is higher.......it is just that certain titles have the entire State as their geographical area of operation. Having statewide jurisdiction does impart any greater authority to statewide titles. Do not make guesses or assumptions about these issues. Doing so can cause you to make errors in judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBBY THE BULL DOG View Post
                nys court officers are with the STATE NYPD is with the CITY
                big difference STATE IS HIGHEr
                Listen to dinosaur he knows his stuff. Also look up cpl nys. That is the law all LEO must follow in the state of ny if not they get jammed up and could end careers. Everything you need to know is there. It's time consuming but if your hungry for the job and looks like you are then it's worth the literature.

Comment

• will do, i deff appreciate it. i sure am hungry for the job always wanted to be in le

Comment

• For anyone wondering when the next academy is, I just met with my investigator today and he said it will be in February. Dont know how true that is but considering he is working the BI i think he would know.

Comment

• Originally posted by GH1187 View Post
                      For anyone wondering when the next academy is, I just met with my investigator today and he said it will be in February. Dont know how true that is but considering he is working the BI i think he would know.
                      Upstate or City?

Comment

• Originally posted by General1015 View Post
                        Upstate or City?
                        He didn't say, but I'm guessing the city since that's where I'm being canvassed for. Also I don't think the one happening upstate now will be done by then, so unless they can have 2 classes at the same time I'm guessing it will be nyc.

Comment

• Originally posted by GH1187 View Post
                          He didn't say, but I'm guessing the city since that's where I'm being canvassed for. Also I don't think the one happening upstate now will be done by then, so unless they can have 2 classes at the same time I'm guessing it will be nyc.
                          That makes sense. Wasn't sure when the one upstate ends and if they were planning on running one right after

Comment

• Gh1187... What was your score and how long did it take for them to call you since you would have info on this as you are currently going thru the process?

Comment

• Originally posted by General1015 View Post
                              That makes sense. Wasn't sure when the one upstate ends and if they were planning on running one right after
                              I think it started in November so it might be. I guess we will find out. What part of the process are you in?

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBBY THE BULL DOG View Post
                                Gh1187... What was your score and how long did it take for them to call you since you would have info on this as you are currently going thru the process?
                                I scored an 85 and received the canvass letter end of june. I did the pre med in September, full medical October and physical and written psychological this past Wednesday. I then got the letter right after the physical to meet the investigator today. It's moving pretty quickly but this is the part of the process which lasts the longest.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12488 users online. 436 members and 12052 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X