300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wellknowntone View Post
    For all those on the job now, how many years of service before you're eligible for retirement under the current contract?
    I was on exam 7011 for nypd did u ever passed your second oral psych?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
      M

New hires are under tier 6, which is age 63 regardless of years of service. There is a bill on the governors desk restoring 30/55 for all peace officers in the court system which will (most likely) be vetoed.
      63? lol yup i'm staying NYPD
      NYC Corrections Exam: 2322
      Academy: March 2015 (Got the call!!) NYCDOC

Comment

• ur just. cheap and didnt wanna spend 30 bucks and few hrs of ur time on it.,, common agree lol

Comment

• Deff not a small department, NCPD has 2,300, and SCPD has 2,500 and yet they are both considered one of the largest police departments in the nation
          NYC Corrections Exam: 2322
          Academy: March 2015 (Got the call!!) NYCDOC

Comment

• I guess he doesn't know you get canvassed for the areas he selected that not everyone is going to one court house

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
              I guess he doesn't know you get canvassed for the areas he selected that not everyone is going to one court house
              I dont think he knows theres a huge piece of land North and NW of NYC that has more courts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                I would not call a force of roughly 4,000 uniformed officers tiny.
                4,000 officers statewide ?? or just in new york city..if statewide that would be considered tiny wouldnt it ? ... and yes on the 2009 exam about 80,000 people took the exam and roughly 30,000 people received a passing score of at least a 70.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvin911 View Post
                  4,000 officers statewide ?? or just in new york city..if statewide that would be considered tiny wouldnt it ? ... and yes on the 2009 exam about 80,000 people took the exam and roughly 30,000 people received a passing score of at least a 70.
                  Not every agency is as big as the NYPD

Comment

• Marvin.......At about 4000 officers, New York State Court Officers are the third largest statewide force. DOC around 20K and NYSP at about 4.5K. I have never heard anyone call the NYSP tiny. The number of Court Officers will grow, slowly, but inevitably. Prior to the economic downturn OCA was working on taking over all town and village courts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                      Marvin.......At about 4000 officers, New York State Court Officers are the third largest statewide force. DOC around 20K and NYSP at about 4.5K. I have never heard anyone call the NYSP tiny. The number of Court Officers will grow, slowly, but inevitably. Prior to the economic downturn OCA was working on taking over all town and village courts.
                      Are they trying to take over the towns and villages again ?

Comment

• when do court officers receive gun and shield? on graduation from academy or 2 yrs later?

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBBY THE BULL DOG View Post
                          when do court officers receive gun and shield? on graduation from academy or 2 yrs later?
                          You would have to ask a court officer. I've heard you only get your shield on graduation day. Then you get a discounted LEO price for your service weapon. That you purchase. I don't think it's like nypd if anybody reads this please correct me

NYC law enforcement hopeful

Comment

• I would think once the economy has fully recovered, OCA will revisit the idea of assuming the smaller courts. More patronage jobs for the hacks.....but those jobs drag along the civil servants. You will get your firearms training during the Academy. Not sure exactly when shield day is, but it is definitely before graduation. Sometime after you are at your command and have been evaluated, you will be called to the range for another qualification session. Once you qualify you will be allowed to carry.

Comment

• Tier 6 correction bill was vetoed, new state hires again must stay until age 63. May retire as early as age 55 IF they have 30 years, with a 50% penalty to their pension.

http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S7757-2013

Also vetoed was a bill providing for accidental disability if they suffer an injury due to an assault while on duty.

http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S6757A-2013

Try again next year? Because you know they would never try to override the veto.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
                                Tier 6 correction bill was vetoed, new state hires again must stay until age 63. May retire as early as age 55 IF they have 30 years, with a 50% penalty to their pension.

http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S7757-2013

Also vetoed was a bill providing for accidental disability if they suffer an injury due to an assault while on duty.

http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S6757A-2013

Try again next year? Because you know they would never try to override the veto.
                                That's not right why do you think they vetoed the bill?

NYC law enforcement hopeful

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12721 users online. 495 members and 12226 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X