300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by courtcop64 View Post
    forgot to ask, anyone hear anything on the 7th being taken over in the future??
    We have to completely take over the JDs that we already have before we seek new ones. In the 3rd we don't have any courts in Columbia or Schoharie counties, and the only one that we occupy in Albany County is Cohoes city court. Can you believe that? We are a state agency that doesn't have officers in either Albany County or City Courts, our own capital. There are court officers in 3rd Department Appellate Division and the Court of Appeals, but neither of those belong to the 3rd JD.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuerza View Post
      Court Officer Rant is probably not a good site for someone who isn't on the job yet...
      why is that
      IGNORE LIST - Banastretarlton AKA "banana boy"

"In the fields of observation chance favors only prepared mind"
      -----Louis Pasteur

"Sweat in training saves blood on the battlefield."

-------Col. David "Hack" Hackworth

On my 7 year old 2nd Grade Class wall

------------YOU are RESPONSIBLE for YOUR OWN ACTIONS

Comment

I recently (Dec.) re-took the test and I'm hoping for something in the 8th. Any possibilities?

Comment

People, I don't mean to smash each everyones dreams, but, from what I was told year after year, and from people who took the exam over and over again every four years. The academy classes are very small, the hiring process is very long as far as selecting candidates. You do the math! Lets say 4000 applicants took the exam on October of 09, and the same amount on December of 2009, and they only hire 100-150 per year. by the time they reach your list # and exam # everything probably would of expired and you would have to start all over. Unified Court System profits alot of money every 4 years on the administration of exams. On the other hand, if you are lucky, and scored well on the written exam, and are at the top of the list or top ten. Then just maybe, just maybe you will hear something from some one at the NYS Court HR. Read the other Court Officer Threads for NYS, you will see what I'm talking about.
          "One day, I'm going to get hired by some police agency some where." God Help Me!!

Comment

Originally posted by NYPDHOPEFULLY View Post
            People, I don't mean to smash each everyones dreams, but, from what I was told year after year, and from people who took the exam over and over again every four years. The academy classes are very small, the hiring process is very long as far as selecting candidates. You do the math! Lets say 4000 applicants took the exam on October of 09, and the same amount on December of 2009, and they only hire 100-150 per year. by the time they reach your list # and exam # everything probably would of expired and you would have to start all over. Unified Court System profits alot of money every 4 years on the administration of exams. On the other hand, if you are lucky, and scored well on the written exam, and are at the top of the list or top ten. Then just maybe, just maybe you will hear something from some one at the NYS Court HR. Read the other Court Officer Threads for NYS, you will see what I'm talking about.
            I received a letter a canvass letter from the 2005 test, but I just threw it out as I wasn't interested. I scored in the high 80s on the test.

Comment

The numbers posted above are a bit off. Typical class, when all is well with the economy, runs over 100 up to about 125 to start. Three classes in a year is not unheard of. Much hiring was anticipated due to the upstate takeovers.

Comment

Well, I hope I'm completely wrong, but the info I got was from people who went through the process, and who as matter a fact are working for NYPD and have no interest in NYS Courts because they just simply never got called.
                "One day, I'm going to get hired by some police agency some where." God Help Me!!

Comment

I know several people, including my mother and her fiance who took the test several years ago and scored in the mid 80's and got called, but didnt take the job. I suppose less people were taking the test back then, but still interesting to know they reached scores in the 80s.

Comment

The Court Officer exam has drawn thousands for years. With over 5,000 names on a list it takes a while to move up. But the lists are alive for 4 years and a great number of listees are either DQ'd or move on to other jobs. When you have more people on a list than actually on the job, you cannot expect rapid movement. All commands are currently working short. If and when the economy rebounds, there should be greater, quicker hiring.

Comment

With the implementation of the Town and Village courts into the UCS, the demand for court Officers will probably go up... yes some of these courts have sherrifs or police in the court. Im sure the state would love to be able to put a Court officer there as opposed to having to pay a PO OT for the duty with the town and village court. It will happen.... the problem is... this is NYS... they work extremly sloooooooooooooooow.
                      "It is not a measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" -Jiddu Krishnamurti -

Comment

Court Officer

I would imagine that the hiring is very different in all of the JD's. Maybe your friend had a hard time if he was applying downstate somewhere. I noticed on the results of the previous exam that in one district they only canvassed up to a score in the low to mid 90's whereas in the 8th they canvassed people all the way down to a score of 75. I am curious to know what score they actually reached and hired people last in that district.

Comment

Somebody in the 90's living in eastern Suffolk County will most likely turn down Buffalo. That is why the different courts wind up at different scores.

Comment

Thats what I scored on the 05' test and I recieved canvas letters from 5 different locations and buffalo being one. The one I am waiting for is NYC. Been cleared for appointment since June 08'. For people who just took the test good luck. Its a wait but its worth it. I know they posted on the website that the test scores will be out around July of 2010. I know the classes that are in now graduate soon. Talk of another class in March but I will not hold my breath. Good Luck to all!!!!

Comment

Hey brothers, I also took the exam on Dec 12, 2009. I think I scored pretty good but I've read in this forum NYS court officer process take a really long time. Meanwhile I'm going to college (JJAY), trying to finish my B.S, and if by the time I finish my BS, I haven't hear anything from NYS Courts, then I'll apply to others LE agencies as; the DHS, and FBI.
                              Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

I know here upstate, there will be officers retiring in the next year or two. Plus the State is still in the process of taking over other counties, so hang in there to those who took the test, we really need the people up here

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11257 users online. 460 members and 10797 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X