300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by homers54321 View Post
    I have the same start time and same motto: Early is on time, On time is late
    Great minds think alike

Good Luck to you, I'll post how things went tomorrow, hopefully well.

Comment

• so you got an 87? and they called you 4 yrs later???

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBBY THE BULL DOG View Post
        so you got an 87? and they called you 4 yrs later???
        Take a look here http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/canvassing.shtml

NYC/LI take a while to get down into the 80s, I'm assuming thats where you'd like to be as well.

Comment

• Yup, TheSlammer got it right.

I had forgotten all about this and figured they just didnt want me, got married went on my honeymoon, got back and in the mailbox was my canvass letter, letting me know i had to go to the pre med in 4 days.

Went to the pre med, dq'd because i was 8 pounds overweight & blood pressure was high. Lost the weight, reduced my b/p and passed a month later.
          Last edited by HopeFloats; 12-15-2014, 10:31 PM. Reason: More info.

Comment

• what do you mean? be in the 80's

Comment

• You will get your score well before a list is created. Once you have your score, you are afforded an opportunity to challenge any question you believe was incorrectly graded on your exam. Once all the challenges are resolved, OCA will then generate a list. This process could easily last until the late summer of 2015. In the meantime the current list will be used until such time as OCA decides to kill it. If OCA has the funds and the need to hire (which it will) OCA will continue to hire from the existing list. Those of you who are in the hiring process, do not give up hope, just because a test was given does not mean your chances to be hired are gone. Those of you who just took the exam, you must be patient. It easily be 2016 before anyone is called from the new list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                You will get your score well before a list is created. Once you have your score, you are afforded an opportunity to challenge any question you believe was incorrectly graded on your exam. Once all the challenges are resolved, OCA will then generate a list. This process could easily last until the late summer of 2015. In the meantime the current list will be used until such time as OCA decides to kill it. If OCA has the funds and the need to hire (which it will) OCA will continue to hire from the existing list. Those of you who are in the hiring process, do not give up hope, just because a test was given does not mean your chances to be hired are gone. Those of you who just took the exam, you must be patient. It easily be 2016 before anyone is called from the new list.
                Well I just finished the process with the NYPD, waiting is no big thing lol
                NYC Corrections Exam: 2322
                Academy: March 2015 (Got the call!!) NYCDOC

Comment

• how can you appeal the questions?? how would i remember which questions i had an issue with? can you pm me all the details if you can?>

Comment

• Originally posted by HopeFloats View Post
                    Yup, TheSlammer got it right.

I had forgotten all about this and figured they just didnt want me, got married went on my honeymoon, got back and in the mailbox was my canvass letter, letting me know i had to go to the pre med in 4 days.

Went to the pre med, dq'd because i was 8 pounds overweight & blood pressure was high. Lost the weight, reduced my b/p and passed a month later.
                    hopefloats,

when i received my canvass letter i did not receive instructions regarding a pre-med. It just instructed me to respond back that i was available for appointment. I'm waiting for a response back as to when i start my pre-med.
                    Last edited by nyscourt1986; 12-16-2014, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• For all those on the job now, how many years of service before you're eligible for retirement under the current contract?
                      Last edited by wellknowntone; 12-16-2014, 06:49 PM.
                      Exam# 2326/ List 3***
                      APD5- Finalized 1/2014
                      Medical-3/2014
                      Written Psych-5/2014
                      Oral Psych-6/2014
                      Mini Med-11/2014
                      JST-11/2014

Comment

• M
                        Originally posted by wellknowntone View Post
                        For all those on the job now, how many years of service before you're eligible for retirement under the current contract?
                        New hires are under tier 6, which is age 63 regardless of years of service. There is a bill on the governors desk restoring 30/55 for all peace officers in the court system which will (most likely) be vetoed.

Comment

• I didn't even bother going to take the test. I heard 70,000 or 80,000 people through out the state signed up. The department is tiny, they'll probably only process a very few candidates. And they are still hiring off the test from a few years ago, it'll be a very long time before any one hears back or starts processing off the 2014 tests. I'm not trying to be a debbie downer, but this is reality, and for people who think they were going to get hired within a year from Courts, good luck.

Comment

• thats nonsense u gotta stay true and be a belieber hahahahah

Comment

• I'll take that chance for that $30 or what ever the pay was. You have to be crazy to think all those people who took the test will pass. Idk who told him that it's a small department -__- but better chance for us who took the test

Comment

• I would not call a force of roughly 4,000 uniformed officers tiny.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6834 users online. 164 members and 6670 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X