Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's BS. I didn't know a single person when I got hired. The evaluation board (who ultimately decides who gets in) gets a report on your bi investigation results w/ a number on it. They don't even know your name. Hooks help later on , but not to get hired.
    Originally posted by BOBBY THE BULL DOG View Post
    this job is all about HOOKS from what i was reading.. very hard to get in and proper hooks are deff needed. its not a civil service exam its an inhouse civil service.
    Last edited by soon2retire; 12-15-2014, 09:20 PM.
    RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
      That's BS. I didn't know a single person when I got hired. The evaluation board gets your file w/ a number on it. They don't even know your name Hooks help later on , but not to get hired.
      Same

Comment

• Originally posted by PetitBeaute View Post
        agree! my understanding is quite the opposite of that above as told to me by a current officer, if you are being canvassed the appointal of the new list does not eliminate you, if so they would not send out canvass letters. Once you are being canvassed the only factors that may end your process are failure.
        From the FAQ for the most recent exam:

10. Do I need to take the examination if I passed the NYS Court Officer-Trainee Examination 45-758 administered in 2009, and I am currently on an eligible list, but I have not been appointed?

It is anticipated that eligible list from the October and December 2014 Examination 45-784 will be established during Spring 2015. Once the new eligible list is established, the old eligible list (from the 2009 Examination 45-758) will no longer be active.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
          From the FAQ for the most recent exam:

10. Do I need to take the examination if I passed the NYS Court Officer-Trainee Examination 45-758 administered in 2009, and I am currently on an eligible list, but I have not been appointed?

It is anticipated that eligible list from the October and December 2014 Examination 45-784 will be established during Spring 2015. Once the new eligible list is established, the old eligible list (from the 2009 Examination 45-758) will no longer be active.

I believe the " eligible list" refers to the passing candidates which is any grade they have not get reached out to for canvassing. Those being canvassed are being tested for appointment. I'm currently being canvassed and will be sure to let you know if in spring I receive a letter that says TIMES UP! because I'm sure they will not be through will all my testing by then.

Comment

• Bobby... Most likely the list from the current test will not be certified until next summer at the earliest. There are review criteria for the exam that must be met. Hiring will go on until OCA decides to kill the list, which may or may not happen when the new list is certifird. Generally OCA does not keep more than one list. OCA follows most Civil Service rules but technically does not operate under them. OCA operates under the Rules of the Chief Judge.

Comment

• Originally posted by PetitBeaute View Post
              I believe the " eligible list" refers to the passing candidates which is any grade they have not get reached out to for canvassing. Those being canvassed are being tested for appointment. I'm currently being canvassed and will be sure to let you know if in spring I receive a letter that says TIMES UP! because I'm sure they will not be through will all my testing by then.
              After I finished the whole process in Oct I received a letter stating that I will be put into the pool for the list 45-758 as long as it stays active but once the new list becomes active I will no longer be in the pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBBY THE BULL DOG View Post
                this job is all about HOOKS from what i was reading.. very hard to get in and proper hooks are deff needed. its not a civil service exam its an inhouse civil service.
                I didn't know anyone.

As far a timeframes....I don't expect anyone to be hired from this latest list until 6-12 months after the results come out. So, For example, if the results come out Aug 1, 2015 the earliest I can see anyone going into an academy is Feb 2016. However since the Court Systens budget run April-March, it's more likely that the first class from this list will begin After April 1 2016. Hiring = Attrition + Budgets. The two exception I can think of that would speed up the process, and maybe some retired guys can comment on, is if we settle the contract and there is a mandate or side letter to keep hiring equal or greater than attrition or a buyout.
                Last edited by unblindeacon; 12-15-2014, 03:44 PM.
                http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBBY THE BULL DOG View Post
                  good luck!!! hope floats... what did you score on the NYS CO exam? what was your list number just to compare how long it takes to get called?
                  BobbyTheBulldog; I scored an 87 back in 2009, my candidate number is 10,xxx, got the canvassing letter in early October. Things have been going along steadily, those new lists wont be up till about the summer, but after reading all these older posts it looks like the governing body can do whatever they want so who knows.

Just stay out of trouble, watch your blood pressure and weight, get your vision sorted if you need to and keep on trucking

Comment

• does anyone have an idea of how many people took the exam this time around?

Comment

• Originally posted by HopeFloats View Post
                      BobbyTheBulldog; I scored an 87 back in 2009, my candidate number is 10,xxx, got the canvassing letter in early October. Things have been going along steadily, those new lists wont be up till about the summer, but after reading all these older posts it looks like the governing body can do whatever they want so who knows.

Just stay out of trouble, watch your blood pressure and weight, get your vision sorted if you need to and keep on trucking
                      This list will generate spring 2015. But we will end up getting our results by the summer. Im just going by what it says on the website under frequently asked questions

Comment

• Yikes, even less time...

Comment

• Originally posted by HopeFloats View Post
                          For the people that just took the test, Good Luck! For the rest; just keep going!!

Whether i make it or not, im giving it my Best shot.

For everyone joining me tomorrow for the PAT/Psych/Background, may good fortune smile upon us all
                          Good luck tomorrow. Just curious, what is the start time tomorrow?
                          Last edited by homers54321; 12-19-2014, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by homers54321 View Post
                            Good luck tomorrow. I have my PAT/Psych/Background on the 17th. Just curious, what is the start time tomorrow?
                            7:30 AM, which means if you get there on time, your late

Comment

• Good Luck to all taking their PAT/Psych/Background. Maybe we will all get some good news for the New Year.

Comment

• I have the same start time and same motto: Early is on time, On time is late

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8805 users online. 290 members and 8515 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X