Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have any idea when a new academy might start up? I passed my pre appointment medical for the Nov upstate academy but didn't get chosen. I am hoping they have another academy before this list 45-758 expires. Does anyone have any idea when that list might expire?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kbrad View Post
      Does anyone have any idea when a new academy might start up? I passed my pre appointment medical for the Nov upstate academy but didn't get chosen. I am hoping they have another academy before this list 45-758 expires. Does anyone have any idea when that list might expire?
      I'm not sure but I think next year sometime but you should be good bc you started the process already I read that they won't waste money or time on someone who isn't going to make it that's stupid. Hopefully you get on quickly now

NYC law enforcement hopeful

Comment

Does anyone have any idea when a new academy might start up? I passed my pre appointment medical for the Nov upstate academy but didn't get chosen. I am hoping they have another academy before this list 45-758 expires. Does anyone have any idea when that list might expire?
        For upstate employment? It's my understanding that half of that class will be appointed to the city. Rumors are there will be a nyc academy early next year. Depending on budget / timing of the certification of the new list, there may be only a couple more classes from this list if they put another one in upstate immediately after this one.

Junior, once the new list is established and certified, anyone still waiting on the old list is no longer eligible to be hired, regardless of where they are in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
          For upstate employment? It's my understanding that half of that class will be appointed to the city. Rumors are there will be a nyc academy early next year. Depending on budget / timing of the certification of the new list, there may be only a couple more classes from this list if they put another one in upstate immediately after this one.

Junior, once the new list is established and certified, anyone still waiting on the old list is no longer eligible to be hired, regardless of where they are in the process.
          That stinks I thought once you started the process you were golden to go through the steps NYS courts has set up that's crazy to let potential candidates get the boot

NYC law enforcement hopeful

Comment

• Wow! That does suk, im in the process; PAT/written psych/begin background on Dec 16th, hope me and my fellow hopefuls have time, backgrounds can take forever.

Comment

• Thanks Kabbage. I am going for city employment. I didn't mind going upstate to the academy though if I would have been chosen. I received a letter saying as long as the list (45-758) is open I will be in the pool but if the list expires I will not be eligible. My ranking is 54** so I am keeping confident there will be another academy.

Hopefloats I started the process in Feb of 2014 and finally finished in Oct 2014. I had to go through every step, psychological, psychiatrist and even the evaluation board. I didn't have a clean background so that's why I had to go through all the steps. Not everyone has to go through all the steps so you it may take less time for you.

Comment

• Kbrad, Thank You for the reassurance, but dam; 9 months is a long time and your still awaiting entry to the academy!?!?

My background is sorta clean, but i have a pending speeding ticket i hired a lawyer to fight, hopefully that wont hold me back, cause once that new list comes up, im done.

Comment

• Originally posted by HopeFloats View Post
                  Kbrad, Thank You for the reassurance, but dam; 9 months is a long time and your still awaiting entry to the academy!?!?

My background is sorta clean, but i have a pending speeding ticket i hired a lawyer to fight, hopefully that wont hold me back, cause once that new list comes up, im done.

Read back through this thread. There was a hiring freeze, people were waiting YEARS in limbo for an academy class to go in, even after being processed. Things have only recently picked up over the course of the past 12 months.

Comment

• So if i was sent a canvass letter in October and i haven't heard back from them yet, to even begin the process, should i assume there is a good chance i might not get into the academy before the new list is established?
                    Last edited by nyscourt1986; 12-12-2014, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• From what Kabbage typed and from going back on this thread, it seems there are no regularly scheduled classes, they call you when they call you and thats it!

Good luck, hope we make it in.

Comment

• They wouldn't have sent canvass letters in October if they didn't think you could complete the process in time. However, since the current list is soon to expire, you should try to make sure you go through the process without any delays to increase your chance

Comment

Thanks Kabbage. I am going for city employment. I didn't mind going upstate to the academy though if I would have been chosen. I received a letter saying as long as the list (45-758) is open I will be in the pool but if the list expires I will not be eligible. My ranking is 54** so I am keeping confident there will be another academy.

Hopefloats I started the process in Feb of 2014 and finally finished in Oct 2014. I had to go through every step, psychological, psychiatrist and even the evaluation board. I didn't have a clean background so that's why I had to go through all the steps. Not everyone has to go through all the steps so you it may take less time for you.
                          How long did your background check take? That step seems to take the longest from what I've read

Comment

• On the court officer site it says anywhere from 3-6 months, but depending on the info their looking for, who knows how long it can take.

From reading back on this thread (unless i misread), some guy waited a year for the background to be completed.

Comment

• Should I drive or take public transportation? I'm wondering if theres actually gonna be anywhere to park. I'm coming SI.

Comment

• Originally posted by hglewis1984 View Post
                                Should I drive or take public transportation? I'm wondering if theres actually gonna be anywhere to park. I'm coming SI.
                                If you are coming for the PAT/Psych/Background on the 16th, there will super limited parking on a Tuesday, you might get lucky but why risk that or go through the aggravation, the only other alternative is putting the car in a lot for $25.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9403 users online. 467 members and 8936 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X