Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow thats crazy, hopefully I get the email as well, so many idiots in my exam had their cell phones going off during the memory part, it was so distracting.
    NYPD EXAM: 4312
    Score: 9X
    List: 1XX

NY Court Officer Exam - Oct 2014
    Score : ?
    List # : ?

Bridge & Tunnel Officer Exam : March 21 2015
    Score : 100
    List : ?

Comment

• Any idea if this is going out to a certain location or statewide?

Comment

• I wouldn't mind retaking the memory part, but I sure as heck don't want to wait 2 hours for the opportunity to retake it.

Comment

• I still have yet to receive a email about it

Comment

• hello everybody, i am schedule to take the test this coming december on the 13th, anyone on this form who has taken it prior or back in october can relay some details and what is the turn around time until you get called? i also took the nypd exam- awaiting to get the final score with list number. i scored a 85 on the test. i was hoping to get onto nys court, however if nypd comes first i will obv take that and then switch over, but a lot of people tell me they can call you as soon as 8 months after taking the exam- any truth to this?? i have been studying the barons court officer book and wanted to know from exp if that book is a good source of study and if the test is actually easier then the book it self with the test.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBBY THE BULL DOG View Post
              hello everybody, i am schedule to take the test this coming december on the 13th, anyone on this form who has taken it prior or back in october can relay some details and what is the turn around time until you get called? i also took the nypd exam- awaiting to get the final score with list number. i scored a 85 on the test. i was hoping to get onto nys court, however if nypd comes first i will obv take that and then switch over, but a lot of people tell me they can call you as soon as 8 months after taking the exam- any truth to this?? i have been studying the barons court officer book and wanted to know from exp if that book is a good source of study and if the test is actually easier then the book it self with the test.
              First I will tell you good luck. Second I took the test in October it was a challenge but not anymore than the nyc exams given by Leo agencies through out the state. Barons book is good but not the best. I have the book took the practice exams and did over 90 every time. I also took lectures from a retired court officer LT. This guy knows the job in and out and spoke very truthfully about the job. First if you score high you will be called and I mean really high. Next you need to remember this is a state exam not nypd who does this 6 days a week this test comes every four years......with that being said competition is extremely tough. Over 40k I heard will be taking the test. Study hard good luck and hopefully we will be on the job together I want that spot just as bad as the next person. As for 8 months that wil be when we get our grades and depending on when the last list expires and when they start sending out canvass letters and the state agency gets approval for the next class expect a year from now hopefully and that is cutting it close that letters will go out and the process starts. I hope I helped out I asked the same things you did I'm telling you what was told to me

NYC law enforcement hopeful

Comment

• i have a good friend whose been on the job for 19 years and he told me they usually call pretty quick as they are currently in need of more hires. the fact that out of 80k people who will be taking it in the 2 dates 1/3 will fail 1/3 will not qualify due to various reasons and 1/3 they will canvas and then whats left will actually be called upon the waiting list.--- but he says usually after 6 months after exam they should call for further processing. but then again they said the new list should be set up in 2015 spring time meaning april-june time.

Comment

i have a good friend whose been on the job for 19 years and he told me they usually call pretty quick as they are currently in need of more hires. the fact that out of 80k people who will be taking it in the 2 dates 1/3 will fail 1/3 will not qualify due to various reasons and 1/3 they will canvas and then whats left will actually be called upon the waiting list.--- but he says usually after 6 months after exam they should call for further processing. but then again they said the new list should be set up in 2015 spring time meaning april-june time.
                  I'm not going to argue I trust all court officers with this process we shall see none of us can see into the future good luck

Comment

• so whats your input on this? what would you say?-- also is the actual exam based on the barrons prep book or not really

Comment

so whats your input on this? what would you say?-- also is the actual exam based on the barrons prep book or not really
                      My input is that your friend is going off of what he experienced. Which happened ten years ago I spoke to numerous officers bc nobody goes through the process the same. You need to be an open book a sponge and take in all information. If you read nypd threads you will see how many people go through the steps a** backwards . People do this part first in this order or do this part last complete everything never meet there BI until the very end. Take everything with a grain of salt. You get hyped off of one response and when it doesn't go down like that you wanna hate the world. Me I'm being realistic. Just wait your turn do the process and I hope you get on. The barons book has SOME good questions on it but it's a general court officer exam guide not NYS guide so please do not look at it as a bible bc it's far from that

Comment

• 10characters
                        Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-25-2015, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• listen, sharing is caring and obtaining info and sharing info is more helpful right?

Comment

• can you pm?

Comment

• So they are sending out emails giving the option for people to retake the memory section of the exam. I haven't received one yet. Does this mean that they only send it to people who didn't do so well on that section?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvin911 View Post
                                So they are sending out emails giving the option for people to retake the memory section of the exam. I haven't received one yet. Does this mean that they only send it to people who didn't do so well on that section?
                                One they didn't grade that part. Two the email states what we all complained about the disruption and being unorganized. The PA system was on while we were doing the memory part. The people in the office were talking and a phone started ringing during that part which was unreal. I called and complained and I'm sure others did. It had nothing to do with not doing well the state recognized there was a problem and there fixing it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11905 users online. 445 members and 11460 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X