Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There a scale on the website match your height and weight to there requirements

NYC law enforcement hopeful

Comment

• 10characters
      Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-25-2015, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• You never know with agencies. I would still get in shape and stay in shape why kill your body for a position you want its
        A career this is serious stuff

NYC law enforcement hopeful

Comment

• Each doctor is different too. First time I went thru the doc took my hight with shoes on and weight with shoes off. At my pre appointment medical the doctor did my height with shoes off, putting me in a different weight class.

Comment

• Different weight class because I was 2 inches shorter. The first time I think the doctor was a little generous with the hight

Comment

• That is ridiculous. Should always be shoes off no matter what. For weight and height, it can make a difference of pass/fail.

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmydog
                Hey I took this test in 09 scored 84 on it I was surprised to receive a letter back from the city to see if I was still interested in the job anybody know the chances of getting hired ? My brother took the same test and just got called to take the medical also I got to choose the jd when I took the exam I chose manhattan and areas by manhattan I put this test outta my mind and been working towards the nypd
                Follow up if still interested. Chief of Academy told us when we just went through that it takes them about 3000 people to canvass just to get 50....

Comment

• [QUOTE=james_bond007;3544698]I did and scored a 92 for it last Friday tho. Wah did you score[/QUOT

I heard about the exam but cant even seem to find the opening or place to register

Comment

• [QUOTE=middleramen;3547925]
                    Originally posted by james_bond007 View Post
                    I did and scored a 92 for it last Friday tho. Wah did you score[/QUOT

I heard about the exam but cant even seem to find the opening or place to register
                    It's been closed. And you find it on usajobs dot gov whenever it does open
                    Geo: Central East Coast
                    Test: 8/15/13 (Score: 89)
                    NOR: 9/9/13
                    TSL: 11/27/13
                    VBT: 12/17/13

Comment

• [QUOTE=james_bond007;3547929]
                      Originally posted by middleramen View Post

It's been closed. And you find it on usajobs dot gov whenever it does open
                      dang I must have just missed it..shame since someone already took the test as well...seems like the process could fly

Comment

• To those who have gone through the PAT, is there anything you wish you had known beforehand? I have looked over the court officer website but they just give you a general idea of the test. Any tips or suggestions would be great. Thanks

P.S. The arm hand steadiness and step test concern me the most.
                        Last edited by homers54321; 11-12-2014, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by homers54321 View Post
                          To those who have gone through the PAT, is there anything you wish you had known beforehand? I have looked over the court officer website but they just give you a general idea of the test. Any tips or suggestions would be great. Thanks

P.S. The arm hand steadiness and step test concern me the most.
                          My advice to try to stay calm and you will be fine , practice sit-ups, pull-ups and do some running , the step test is the hardest part to pass , the arm steadiness is not that difficult just remain calm and concentrate . I passed the PAT on my first try on 2 hours of sleep but I recommend resting , I had no choice but if you can help it rest and don't be nervous and don't over exert yourself on the step test just go on a relaxed pace and your heartrate will be fine .

Comment

• Just sent in my Availability Inquiries and hope for the best...

Comment

• I have to redo the arm steadiness test...it will have made 90 days on November 19th...so im patiently waiting to get scheduled for the re test...I will definitely be more calm and relaxed this time. I had took the PAT feeling sick with a cold my 1st time around
                              Last edited by TP3; 11-12-2014, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
                                My advice to try to stay calm and you will be fine , practice sit-ups, pull-ups and do some running , the step test is the hardest part to pass , the arm steadiness is not that difficult just remain calm and concentrate . I passed the PAT on my first try on 2 hours of sleep but I recommend resting , I had no choice but if you can help it rest and don't be nervous and don't over exert yourself on the step test just go on a relaxed pace and your heartrate will be fine .
                                Can you tell me how they test the arm hand steadiness? How long do they make you hold the firearm? Do you fail if it touches one time? Judging by the picture on the website, the hole seems awfully small..

Also, for the step test, do they measure your resting heart rate beforehand? I have a slightly elevated heart rate at rest so naturally my heart rate after activity will be high as well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10450 users online. 339 members and 10111 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X