Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Aden View Post
    Hi everyone ! I'm a newbie who took the court officer exam in '09. Scored 90, rank 35XX. Waiting and to be contacted for the next step in the process. Good luck all of you who took the exam!
    Hi I'm new here too. The 1st step is a canvas letter inquiry for a judicial district. Just wondering, have you have been canvassed yet?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by port1 View Post
      Hi I'm new here too. The 1st step is a canvas letter inquiry for a judicial district. Just wondering, have you have been canvassed yet?
      No not yet. How soon after your receive your scores do they send it ? Does it depend on your score /rank? have you been canvassed yet? Sorry for so many questions ...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Aden View Post
        No not yet. How soon after your receive your scores do they send it ? Does it depend on your score /rank? have you been canvassed yet? Sorry for so many questions ...

        Yes it depends on score/rank and how soon they fill positions. I'm from the old list which will eventually be replaced by the one your on when they have enough applicants processed I presume. The list I'm on was stalled due to a hiring freeze. You have a good rank. Assuming no freeze you should be contacted much sooner than I was.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by port1 View Post
          Yes it depends on score/rank and how soon they fill positions. I'm from the old list which will eventually be replaced by the one your on when they have enough applicants processed I presume. The list I'm on was stalled due to a hiring freeze. You have a good rank. Assuming no freeze you should be contacted much sooner than I was.
          Thanks Port 1. I guess all I can do is wait and get in shape. So you're from the 05 exam? Where are you in the process now?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by port1 View Post
            Yes it depends on score/rank and how soon they fill positions. I'm from the old list which will eventually be replaced by the one your on when they have enough applicants processed I presume. The list I'm on was stalled due to a hiring freeze. You have a good rank. Assuming no freeze you should be contacted much sooner than I was.
            Hey port1...sorry about not getting called. Did you take the 09 exam as well?
            Also if you don't mind me asking what was your score/rank from '05?
            Thanks!

            Comment


            • The old list is coming to an end. Canvassing off of the new list is set to begin in late fall; more than likely that will be in November at some point. With the number of officers who retired there should be a descent amount of hiring that occurs.

              Comment


              • Just like port1, I'm in the same boat.. Took the test in '05, frozen 2 weeks before my weighin. My wife took the test in '05 as well and scored higher than me. She was with the first canvas and I was canvased appx 3 months later. If they keep the same timeline... Canvas in september, weighin in october.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by 2010take2 View Post
                  Just like port1, I'm in the same boat.. Took the test in '05, frozen 2 weeks before my weighin. My wife took the test in '05 as well and scored higher than me. She was with the first canvas and I was canvased appx 3 months later. If they keep the same timeline... Canvas in september, weighin in october.
                  What were your scores and rank and what year did you both get canvassed? The test was given in 05 but from prior posts it took 1-5 years for canvassing followed by each step depending on score/rank.

                  Comment


                  • To anybody on a list, old or new, good luck. Once you are on, unless it's a brother or other close friend or relative, you haven't the foggiest idea who is getting called, what list number etc. you got the job. I did 30 years and never knew nor cared, I just knew we were short-handed.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Aden View Post
                      Thanks Port 1. I guess all I can do is wait and get in shape. So you're from the 05 exam? Where are you in the process now?
                      Canvassed in 08, began process in 09 and completed early this year. Getting in shape while you wait is not a bad idea. Good luck.
                      Last edited by port1; 09-07-2010, 08:05 AM. Reason: mistake

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                        Hey port1...sorry about not getting called. Did you take the 09 exam as well?
                        Also if you don't mind me asking what was your score/rank from '05?
                        Thanks!
                        No I did not take the 09 exam.
                        Last edited by port1; 09-30-2010, 04:15 AM. Reason: mistake

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dbacksrock02 View Post
                          The old list is coming to an end. Canvassing off of the new list is set to begin in late fall; more than likely that will be in November at some point. With the number of officers who retired there should be a descent amount of hiring that occurs.
                          Agree the list is coming to an end but it is slow process. They may not have a large enough pool of applicants ready by then and they have lots of applicants off the old list ready and waiting.

                          Comment


                          • From the '05 test, I got an 88 and ranked 24xx. My canvas came around Dec'06/Jan'07. I unfortunately bombed the eye test and weighin. Lasik and a gym membership later, i'm ready to go at it again. got a 93 and ranked 11xx. We'll see what sept/oct brings.

                            Comment


                            • Hey guys another newbie here, took the test Oct. '09 and scored 88.3 and rank 43XX . What does a canvas letter inquiry consist of ? I wear contacts and will have to get the lasik eye surgery and was just wondering how soon the eye test is given after you receive the canvas letter ? I'm about 5' 11'' and weigh 216 lbs so it looks like I'm gonna have to lose some weight too, I'm not really that out of shape ( been doing push-ups and pull-ups for yrs) , just a little husky I guess. Is the eye test and weigh in the first tests they give ? Too many questions, I know : )

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Monkeyboy49 View Post
                                Hey guys another newbie here, took the test Oct. '09 and scored 88.3 and rank 43XX . What does a canvas letter inquiry consist of ? I wear contacts and will have to get the lasik eye surgery and was just wondering how soon the eye test is given after you receive the canvas letter ? I'm about 5' 11'' and weigh 216 lbs so it looks like I'm gonna have to lose some weight too, I'm not really that out of shape ( been doing push-ups and pull-ups for yrs) , just a little husky I guess. Is the eye test and weigh in the first tests they give ? Too many questions, I know : )
                                Hi, the letter will be from one of the judicial districts that are seeking to hire, if you reply back that your interested you will not be canvassed from another JD. Read the letter carefully for more info. A geographical map of the JD's will be included. The medical was the 1st stage of the process for me. Now for the real reason for this reply... the Lasik procedure. I have not had lasik but know a couple of people who did. The success rate (without side effects) is not has high as they advertise. Do some hard research on this yourself then decide. I wear glasses for nearsightedness and passed the exam anyway.
                                Last edited by port1; 09-07-2010, 03:09 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10900 users online. 465 members and 10435 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X