300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Law-And-Order1 View Post
    Couple of questions. I faxed and also mailed my canvas letter in this week. How long generally until I would be contacted about the next steps?
    Took me about 2 weeks to let me know they received it and about two months for the pre med appt.

Comment

• Some clarification

For those of us who just got our canvass letters from the 2009 test, is it possible that the new test will erase us before we finish our screening process???

Here's why I ask. On the FAQS page on nycourts.gov it states that the list lasts for 4 years and can be extended to 5. I also read that in the Spring of 2015 the old list is erased to make room the new test takers from the 2014 test. That's about when most of us would be somewhere in the middle of our process.

Any help would be appreciated on this. It'd be a real downer to get to the screening process and then be turned away.
      Last edited by fairgreg; 11-04-2014, 07:20 PM. Reason: forgot to add something.

Comment

• Originally posted by fairgreg View Post
        For those of us who just got our canvass letters from the 2009 test, is it possible that the new test will erase us before we finish our screening process???

Here's why I ask. On the FAQS page on nycourts.gov it states that the list lasts for 4 years and can be extended to 5. I also read that in the Spring of 2015 the old list is erased to make room the new test takers from the 2014 test.

Any help would be appreciated on this. It'd be a real downer to get to the screening process and then be turned away.
        from what i have read on this forum I think you are safe if you have started the screening process, I dont see why they would spend money sending you to the medical and then DQ you. I also read they continue to screen from the 2009 exam until the new exam is ready and they have said it wont be until June/July 2015. I could be wrong though

Comment

• Originally posted by GH1187 View Post
          from what i have read on this forum I think you are safe if you have started the screening process, I dont see why they would spend money sending you to the medical and then DQ you. I also read they continue to screen from the 2009 exam until the new exam is ready and they have said it wont be until June/July 2015. I could be wrong though
          Thanks. That will help me sleep better. lol. Hopefully the screening process will start soon. Got canvass letter only last week.

Comment

• Originally posted by fairgreg View Post
            Thanks. That will help me sleep better. lol. Hopefully the screening process will start soon. Got canvass letter only last week.
            Yea, they are moving pretty quick though once you go to the pre-med. I had mine in September and my full medical in October, the same day i had the full medical they gave me the invitation for the next three steps to be completed all in the same day in December. Which would mean i would be pretty far in the process. Looks like they are in a hurry to get through the canvassing the way they are speeding things through.

Comment

• Is it possible that the long wait from the 2009 test is the reason for canvassing such low scorers? I am assuming not to expect to get on with a score in the 70's if hiring is steady.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rizon314 View Post
                Is it possible that the long wait from the 2009 test is the reason for canvassing such low scorers? I am assuming not to expect to get on with a score in the 70's if hiring is steady.
                Some JD are canvassing at a score of 70 already, depends where you chose when you took the exam.

Comment

• Anyone that took the new exam:

Did you guys have the option to pick what JD you want to work for like the 2009 exam?

Comment

• That's fantastic news. The faster the better. Really want to get this done. Good Luck to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by General1015 View Post
                      Anyone that took the new exam:

Did you guys have the option to pick what JD you want to work for like the 2009 exam?
                      Sorry read that wrong
                      Last edited by GH1187; 11-04-2014, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Anyone that took the new exam:

Yeah you could chose what JD you wanted to go to in the '09 exam if memory serves correct.

Comment

• I ment the new exam that people had a few weeks ago. I hear they changed that, just wanted to verify

Comment

I ment the new exam that people had a few weeks ago. I hear they changed that, just wanted to verify
                            A few pages back someone said they were able to, but i'm not sure how true that is because everyone was questioning him on that.

Comment

• Thanks, best of luck to you as well.

Comment

• Anyone here take the CBPO exam? I just received my score

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7333 users online. 367 members and 6966 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X