300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by carmelo326 View Post
    Thanks, I've taken the med. The written psych. and am currently in the mist of the background. Is there a verbal psych. follow up?

Carmelo326
    Not sure how you'd still be on background if you completed the written psych but here's the screening process:

http://www.courts.state.ny.us/career...creening.shtml <- verbal interview follows written psych

Comment

• The recent batches of candidates have been on an expedited processing schedule. Some are doing the PAT, and if they pass are immediately sent to start their bg and written psych exams

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
        The class graduated this week. No info on when the next class will be.
        Just heard there class in Cohoes that starts in November and a class in the city starts the month of January.

Comment

• I took the exam on 10/18 down at Bronx Regional HS. This was your basic civil service exam. I feel confident in how I prepared/attacked the exam.

A couple of pointers for people taking it in December, arrive early and try to avoid letting the circumstances bother you. I feel the proctors weren't the best but to use them as an excuse is a cop out.

As for people worrying about the number of candidates, don't bother. The classroom I was in I felt like I was taking a HS regents exam. There were people constantly asking questions to the proctor about what words meant, the questions, etc. A lot of people will be DQ and a bunch of people won't score high enough to threaten you.

Best of luck.

Comment

• Hey whats up everyone? Its been awhile since I been able to post. Just wanted to say congrates to my fellow graduates. It was a tough 15 weeks but we stuck together & made it through. Thanks to all the guys on here that keep this thread going with all the great info. & Good luck to everyone going through the process now. Any questions you guys have dont hesitate to ask, or send a pm.

Comment

• People who took the exam already, the memorization part, how specific were the questions? Should we memorize the smallest details or is it more simple?

Comment

• Originally posted by mike2499 View Post
                People who took the exam already, the memorization part, how specific were the questions? Should we memorize the smallest details or is it more simple?
                It's comparable to any other memorization part of any other civil service test you've taken.

Comment

• I think this test was easier than any past court officer exam. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by CelticLEO View Post
                    I think this test was easier than any past court officer exam. Just my opinion.
                    Really?
                    I honestly thought it was easier than the county Corrections and Police exams. Hell, even easier than the Safety and Security Officer one had me struggling a little more.

Comment

• All the talk about the test being easy reminds me of when I was a kid taking all the various civil service exams. All my friends would exclaim how easy the tests were. Funny, they never passed or scored high enough to get hired, I guess it's easy when you don't pass.....
                      Last edited by protector343; 10-27-2014, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• When I took the test many many years ago, I thought I did well but promptly forgot about it when I read in the Chief that 52,000 others took it as well. I was shocked when they called me to take the medical before I even got my score
                        RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• The exam was pretty common sense, just take your time readin everything including then directions. Not going to lie, that last section of the exam was the hardest part. I think I got max 3-5 wrong out of 70.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingwalden View Post
                            The exam was pretty common sense, just take your time readin everything including then directions. Not going to lie, that last section of the exam was the hardest part. I think I got max 3-5 wrong out of 70.
                            What does the last section consist of?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingwalden View Post
                              The exam was pretty common sense, just take your time readin everything including then directions. Not going to lie, that last section of the exam was the hardest part. I think I got max 3-5 wrong out of 70.
                              Exactly. I read everything over twice, even some questions 4-6x to make sure I understood it 110%. I forgot what the last section was. But if it was the clerical portion, then I think I did well on that part.
                              Last edited by TheSlammer; 10-27-2014, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Looks like that upstate academy is a go within the next couple of weeks.

Best of luck to anyone that got the call.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8563 users online. 433 members and 8130 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X