300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WellPaid View Post
    Had it today, my advice is arrive early because the line almost went outside the parking lot onto the street. Like most test takers, the process was delayed and we didn't start until after 10. Proctor seemed confused about the directions, specifically in choosing our district of preference but besides from that the classroom was very quiet and we had ample time. Best of luck to you.
    I had my exam at the same location, and my proctor didnt mention anything to us about choosing our district of preference, and from reading this thread today from people who took the exam, it seems that some people got to choose, while others didnt, so I dont know why that is.
    NYPD EXAM: 4312
    Score: 9X
    List: 1XX

NY Court Officer Exam - Oct 2014
    Score : ?
    List # : ?

Bridge & Tunnel Officer Exam : March 21 2015
    Score : 100
    List : ?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSlammer View Post
      I didnt fill out the questionaire. I don't do it often because I hate NY.

Only distractions I had was other proctors coming in and talking. The slight whisper would actually make me lose my concentration. It was annoying.
      if you dont like new york then you can leave, Must be a fool to stay some where you "hate" so much

Comment

• I took the test yesterday In. Rockland county and one of the Procter told us there was only 430 people that was taking it yesterday, they made everybody fit in the main lobby of the school I took it in which, shocked everyone there. I thought there would be a lot of people there
        Just counting my blessing and praying for that day to come,

Comment

• I took at 9am @ bronx regional test was kinda easy for me the memory part was exactly the time it says 5 min. I mean I currently work a federal job so idk if it will expedite the process after.

Comment

• I took it at Poughkeepsie High School yesterday and was surprised it didn't allow us to pick our districts.
            CBPO 14-2 Applicant
            Application- 7/23/2014
            Written exam - 9/24/2015
            NOR: 10/31/2014
            TSL 14-2 1/9/2015
            SF86/eQip - 1/30/2015
            Medical Exam (Passed) - 2/3/2015
            PFT1 (Passed) - 2/5/2015
            VBT/SI (Passed) - 3/4/2015
            Poly (Passed) - 4/23/2015
            NOPA- 5/4/2015
            Assigned Duty Location Logan (Boston)
            Met with BI - 5/30/2015
            Provisional Clearance Form Returned - 7/8/2015
            BI Cleared - 9/21/2015
            Drug Test - 9/24/2015
            Sent to Scheduling Unit -9/24/2015
            EOD: 10/26/15
            FLETC: 11/20/15-4/1/16

Comment

• Originally posted by Federalemp View Post
              I took at 9am @ bronx regional test was kinda easy for me the memory part was exactly the time it says 5 min. I mean I currently work a federal job so idk if it will expedite the process after.
              you could be the president and it wont speed up the process, its a civil service exam your process speed will be what you score

Comment

• Took test in Nassau... the proctor was very good... longest line i've ever seen for a test, yet it moved fast. they did a great job considering the volume of people...

the test was easy except for the memorization. I studied 1 practice test and based on that I believed the questions would be very generalized, such as officers name, the county, how many sergeants in the building, etc.. but instead they asked very detailed questions. I was focusing on the wrong thinks to memorize.. however the rest of the test was a breeze..

The guys taking the test in Dec will have an advantage because they will hear from buddies what to look out for on the test...

Comment

• Originally posted by alg134 View Post
                  Took test in Nassau... the proctor was very good... longest line i've ever seen for a test, yet it moved fast. they did a great job considering the volume of people...

the test was easy except for the memorization. I studied 1 practice test and based on that I believed the questions would be very generalized, such as officers name, the county, how many sergeants in the building, etc.. but instead they asked very detailed questions. I was focusing on the wrong thinks to memorize.. however the rest of the test was a breeze..

The guys taking the test in Dec will have an advantage because they will hear from buddies what to look out for on the test...
                  I mean if you've taken other civil service tests for law enforcement you already have an idea of what to look out for and they tell you what to expect on the exam when you go to apply.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
                    you could be the president and it wont speed up the process, its a civil service exam your process speed will be what you score
                    I know lol well idk how many points are each question if it's 70 questions ÷ 100 which is about 1.4 points ?

Comment

• @alg134 Not so sure about December test takers having an advantage. I would think that would make it kind of unfair. I'm pretty sure the test in December will be a variation of the first test because one of the items to fill out on the answer sheet was test number or test book number, which was separate from exam number, but everyone in the room had the same test number.

@Federalemp that sounds about right. My guesstimate is that anyone who got more than 6 or 7 questions wrong won't be called in the first year..but that's just based on previous posts in this thread and canvassing from the 2009 test.

Here's a breakdown of what score you'd get based on how many questions you answered correctly:

69 out of 70 right: 98.5%
                      68 out of 70 right: 97.1%
                      67 out of 70 right: 95.7%
                      66 out of 70 right: 94.3%
                      65 out of 70 right: 92.8%
                      64 out of 70 right: 91.4%
                      63 out of 70 right: 90.0%
                      Last edited by NYSCOHopeful; 10-19-2014, 07:08 PM. Reason: wasn't clear who it was addressed to

Comment

I know lol well idk how many points are each question if it's 70 questions ÷ 100 which is about 1.4 points ?
                        Ok buddy lets do some simple math here. If and let me emphasize on the IF each question is worth the same amount and theres 70 questions in general if you want a 90 you need 63 correct questions. 80 and above anything above 56 correct questions. to get an 85 you need 60 questions correct. Idk about YOU but Im aiming for 70 of 70 lol but Im hoping for at least 63/70 correct.
                        Last edited by The hopeful; 10-19-2014, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• But i think you get 5 extra points for residency. I know for police officer exam you do.

Comment

But i think you get 5 extra points for residency. I know for police officer exam you do.
                            Negative that **** is only for NYPD candidates that live in NYC. You got the wrong test brother. Maybe veteran points that I wouldnt know about since Im not a veteran.

Comment

• The only advantage I could see w/ the December test takers is this: They now know about the long lines,to expect delays w/o getting rattled-basicly knowing how much competition there is for the job. Then again there could be 5 inches of snow -enough to mess everybodys' head up, but not enough to cancel the exam
                              Originally posted by NYSCOHopeful View Post
                              @alg134 Not so sure about December test takers having an advantage. I would think that would make it kind of unfair. I'm pretty sure the test in December will be a variation of the first test because one of the items to fill out on the answer sheet was test number or test book number, which was separate from exam number, but everyone in the room had the same test number.

@Federalemp that sounds about right. My guesstimate is that anyone who got more than 6 or 7 questions wrong won't be called in the first year..but that's just based on previous posts in this thread and canvassing from the 2009 test.

Here's a breakdown of what score you'd get based on how many questions you answered correctly:

69 out of 70 right: 98.5%
                              68 out of 70 right: 97.1%
                              67 out of 70 right: 95.7%
                              66 out of 70 right: 94.3%
                              65 out of 70 right: 92.8%
                              64 out of 70 right: 91.4%
                              63 out of 70 right: 90.0%
                              RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Also, get a few extra months to hone/practice various test taking skills. I wish I got the Barron's book sooner, but it is what it is and I think I did good.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7796 users online. 371 members and 7425 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X