Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Differ View Post
    Took mine in Hicksville no complaints other then starting 55mins late, but that was because the line was like a mile long. And got at least 5mins to memorize. Hardest part was thelast 10 questions. But that was more time consuming then anything else
    Yea at first i was really confused on the last 10 questions but then i took a second and looked it over and realized what it was all about. Just gotta take your time with these tests
    DEA Special Agent

    Applied: 9/2014

    NYS Court Officer

    Test taken: 10/18/14
    Score: ?
    List #: ?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by NY17 View Post
      I took mine in Poughkeepsie and don't really have any complaints my proctors were very nice and we started 50 mins late but that seems to be fine considering some others posted about here. There was confusion about picking which JD you wanted to work in, when the proctor read the instructions it did say choose the JD you are willing to work but there was no such space on the sheet to fill that in. I called over the proctor and she said it seemed it was a mistake and i wasn't the only one. Im assuming that they will probably mail us something asking that question.

      Other than that the test was pretty straight forward i took a lot of practice tests and was expecting 100-150 questions so i was relieved when i only saw 70. I think i did real well, civil service tests are all about taking your time, read thoroughly and double & triple checking your answer.
      I took mine in poughkeepsie New York also. IMO it was pretty organized, started 45 minutes late but it felt like the typical pre test crap that you deal with wherever you go.

      I swear one of the questions had an error in it, I wish I remember which number it was but I do recall what the question was about. I wonder if I can contact them.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by soxxx View Post
        I took mine in poughkeepsie New York also. IMO it was pretty organized, started 45 minutes late but it felt like the typical pre test crap that you deal with wherever you go.

        I swear one of the questions had an error in it, I wish I remember which number it was but I do recall what the question was about. I wonder if I can contact them.
        Yea the usual bs that you go through...and i think i know what you mean was it one of the ones towards the end?
        DEA Special Agent

        Applied: 9/2014

        NYS Court Officer

        Test taken: 10/18/14
        Score: ?
        List #: ?

        Comment


        • I didnt fill out the questionaire. I don't do it often because I hate NY.

          Only distractions I had was other proctors coming in and talking. The slight whisper would actually make me lose my concentration. It was annoying.

          Comment


          • This test sucked.. Proctors sucked.. Graphs sucked.. Memorization sucked.. No choice of JD.. (sucked).. It all sucked..

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TheSlammer View Post
              I didnt fill out the questionaire. I don't do it often because I hate NY.

              Only distractions I had was other proctors coming in and talking. The slight whisper would actually make me lose my concentration. It was annoying.
              Question what does filling out the questionaire have to do with NY? I thought EOE was a nationwide thing.

              Comment


              • Sometime after the second test is given, there will be a period in which you will be able to challenge individual questions and answers.

                Comment


                • I took the test in Lower Manhattan, we had to tell the proctors what to do on three different occasions. What a disaster.

                  Great job. Disaster of a test.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
                    Question what does filling out the questionaire have to do with NY? I thought EOE was a nationwide thing.
                    It doesnt. Just showing my disdain for NY. I havent filled them out on previous exams, either.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MLNY95 View Post
                      Anyone have comesewogue highshool today? Interested because my test is there December 13th.
                      Had it today, my advice is arrive early because the line almost went outside the parking lot onto the street. Like most test takers, the process was delayed and we didn't start until after 10. Proctor seemed confused about the directions, specifically in choosing our district of preference but besides from that the classroom was very quiet and we had ample time. Best of luck to you.
                      OTJ

                      **** is real in the field..! Don't talk about it..!

                      Comment


                      • Overheard Court Officer say that 80,000 people are taking this exam
                        OTJ

                        **** is real in the field..! Don't talk about it..!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by WellPaid View Post
                          Had it today, my advice is arrive early because the line almost went outside the parking lot onto the street. Like most test takers, the process was delayed and we didn't start until after 10. Proctor seemed confused about the directions, specifically in choosing our district of preference but besides from that the classroom was very quiet and we had ample time. Best of luck to you.
                          Thanks man appreciate the response. Hope the test went well for you. Just what exactly do you mean by choosing district of preference though? Lol
                          Last edited by MLNY95; 10-18-2014, 10:33 PM.

                          Comment


                          • I took this exam. Hopefully i score over a 90 with a list# thats under a 1000. i live in queens but i took it in hicksville; the line was very long. Wonder how many people took this exam

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by WellPaid View Post
                              Overheard Court Officer say that 80,000 people are taking this exam
                              Wouldn't be surprised, but you'll be amazed how many fail, I scored a 98 on state trooper and rank is 4900-5000, and my buddy got a 92 and was 17,000. You would think a 92 is usually good. It's going to be like that again probably
                              currently employed by The State of NY

                              Comment


                              • E-mailed selection bureau about selecting our judicial district preference and, "There was no Location Preference Form to complete for the exam. If you pass, you will be instructed about location preferences." Hope this helps.
                                OTJ

                                **** is real in the field..! Don't talk about it..!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9924 users online. 381 members and 9543 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X