Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW good luck to anyone taking the test or who took it already

Comment

• Just a head's up guys I took my test at Roosevelt high school here in brooklyn. The proctor was old and of course very unorganized. Makes me wonder were they find these proctors at. Seems like every proctor I come across is unorganized. Our proctor rob us about a minute or two because the bell rung over the intercom to start and she was still handing out test booklets. Smh, just thinking about it again is extremely upsetting. I didn't even get to fill in my test booklet number because she rushed me out the room when the time was up. She said she will write it in. I'm praying she did correctly or else I'm screwed.

Comment

• Originally posted by bklynfinest View Post
        Just a head's up guys I took my test at Roosevelt high school here in brooklyn. The proctor was old and of course very unorganized. Makes me wonder were they find these proctors at. Seems like every proctor I come across is unorganized. Our proctor rob us about a minute or two because the bell rung over the intercom to start and she was still handing out test booklets. Smh, just thinking about it again is extremely upsetting. I didn't even get to fill in my test booklet number because she rushed me out the room when the time was up. She said she will write it in. I'm praying she did correctly or else I'm screwed.
        That sucks. I'd file a complaint if I were you. I know I am.
        "Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch out after you wear them awhile."

Comment

• Just making sure, I took mines this morning and did not have the option to pick a district.

Comment

• Anyone have comesewogue highshool today? Interested because my test is there December 13th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meme89 View Post
              Just making sure, I took mines this morning and did not have the option to pick a district.
              Took mine in Middletown and we didn't get the option either. And most of my friends I asked across the state say the same. I was, and I'm sure many others were as well, under the assumption that we would choose today prior to the exam. I have forwarded an e-mail to both their website and the Court Officers facebook page to see if I can get a quick answer. If not, I might just call on Monday to see what's going on. I think they messed up here, but I'd still like to know for sure.
              Bryan

Comment

• When I took the test 9 years ago we marked JD's. Then about a year later I got another letter asking what JD's I'm interested in. Two weeks later I got called for NYC. Test results will be out between June-September 2015. Probably closer to September.

Also I would definitely complain about the test proctors. They are hired by whatever company OCA uses to give the test. They aren't court employees
                Last edited by unblindeacon; 10-18-2014, 05:55 PM.
                http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• line was crazy in port jeff...had to park about a mile away

Comment

• Originally posted by Travis64 View Post
                    line was crazy in port jeff...had to park about a mile away
                    I took mine in Port Jeff also, 2pm. Did you get to choose a district? I asked my proctor about it when I handed in the exam and she said that once they start canvassing, they would ask us if we would like to work in district "x"......I was under the assumption we would be able to choose today tho. Seems like there is a lot of confusion about this.....
                    NYPD EXAM: 4312
                    Score: 9X
                    List: 1XX

NY Court Officer Exam - Oct 2014
                    Score : ?
                    List # : ?

Bridge & Tunnel Officer Exam : March 21 2015
                    Score : 100
                    List : ?

Comment

• Originally posted by MLNY95 View Post
                      Anyone have comesewogue highshool today? Interested because my test is there December 13th.
                      That's where I had mine today. Very long lines
                      NYPD EXAM: 4312
                      Score: 9X
                      List: 1XX

NY Court Officer Exam - Oct 2014
                      Score : ?
                      List # : ?

Bridge & Tunnel Officer Exam : March 21 2015
                      Score : 100
                      List : ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike19 View Post
                        I took mine in Port Jeff also, 2pm. Did you get to choose a district? I asked my proctor about it when I handed in the exam and she said that once they start canvassing, they would ask us if we would like to work in district "x"......I was under the assumption we would be able to choose today tho. Seems like there is a lot of confusion about this.....

no confusion you get a canvas letter if you pass

by look of the lines its looking like you going to have to score pretty high.

Comment

• Originally posted by honestabels View Post
                          That sucks. I'd file a complaint if I were you. I know I am.
                          Do you or anyone know where I can go to file a complaint? Thank you in advance.

Comment

• I took it in Brooklyn Tech. Line was huge, we started 2 and a half hours late. Had a young proctor who gave us the entire 5 minutes to memorize.

Comment

• Took mine in Hicksville no complaints other then starting 55mins late, but that was because the line was like a mile long. And got at least 5mins to memorize. Hardest part was thelast 10 questions. But that was more time consuming then anything else

Comment

• I took mine in Poughkeepsie and don't really have any complaints my proctors were very nice and we started 50 mins late but that seems to be fine considering some others posted about here. There was confusion about picking which JD you wanted to work in, when the proctor read the instructions it did say choose the JD you are willing to work but there was no such space on the sheet to fill that in. I called over the proctor and she said it seemed it was a mistake and i wasn't the only one. Im assuming that they will probably mail us something asking that question.

Other than that the test was pretty straight forward i took a lot of practice tests and was expecting 100-150 questions so i was relieved when i only saw 70. I think i did real well, civil service tests are all about taking your time, read thoroughly and double & triple checking your answer.
                                DEA Special Agent

Applied: 9/2014

NYS Court Officer

Test taken: 10/18/14
                                Score: ?
                                List #: ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5822 users online. 231 members and 5591 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X