300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
    Is anyone here reviewing the computational scores? I sent in a request to do so and later called OCA. They stated the review will take place in November some time.
    I got a 66.6 but I feel I did much better then that. Should I appeal it too???

Comment

• Originally posted by dukes0980 View Post
      I got a 66.6 but I feel I did much better then that. Should I appeal it too???
      I requested a computational score review, which you have 15 days from the date you received your exam results to apply for (its notated in small print on the bottom of your notice).
      What VACOP1 is referring to (I am only assuming) is he called up OCA and they reviewed his results on their end and then corrected his score. I would say it doesn't hurt to give them a call and ask but his case is probably unique.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
        I requested a computational score review, which you have 15 days from the date you received your exam results to apply for (its notated in small print on the bottom of your notice).
        What VACOP1 is referring to (I am only assuming) is he called up OCA and they reviewed his results on their end and then corrected his score. I would say it doesn't hurt to give them a call and ask but his case is probably unique.
        How do i get the number??

Comment

• Top pay rate

Hello to all! Does anyone know what the top rate is after the two years? Or when their next contractual raise is? Also, when do they decide which Court you will be working in? Do they try to place you near your hometown? I'm ranked in the 400's and hopefully will get some type of notice soon...Good luck everyone!

Comment

• 4% added to pay. Contracts start in April. State week starts on Thursday. SOS means senior officer series. extra money senior officers get on top of their contracted pay. I forget what year of service it starts. '0' means no raise that year.
            Last edited by Letmypeoplego; 08-31-2010, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• Not sure why it ended up there.

Comment

• This is the end of the contract, pay wise 4% 4/10. Expect at least one "0" Not sure what top pay is for line 18. I was on second longevity which is $72,000 + sos. Thats way down the road.
                Last edited by Letmypeoplego; 08-31-2010, 01:04 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Can you explain what 4% 4/10, one '0', and sos means?? Thanks!

Comment

• here are the top pay grades, posted by darkhelm from another thread, hope this helps

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/6...ryschedule.pdf
                    Last edited by TP3; 08-31-2010, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• There was a 4% raise in April 2010. That's it for this contract (it expires 3/11) . Expect at least 1 zero percentage raise in the next contract. SOS=Senior officer suppliment, which won't apply to any new hires.
                      Originally posted by grunt999 View Post
                      Can you explain what 4% 4/10, one '0', and sos means?? Thanks!
                      RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Thank you, that did help clearify! Also, when do you learn which Court you'll be assigned? After the Academy? Do the try to assign near home of residence?

Comment

• Can't tell. They do want you to get to work in bad weather, but even that is no gurantee. I've seen officers that live at one end of a district, assigned to the other end. Last class an officer stepped up and traded a slot in their hometown, saving another an hour travel time and still the officer (who took advantage) had a large commute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Letmypeoplego View Post
                            Can't tell. They do want you to get to work in bad weather, but even that is no gurantee. I've seen officers that live at one end of a district, assigned to the other end. Last class an officer stepped up and traded a slot in their hometown, saving another an hour travel time and still the officer (who took advantage) had a large commute.
                            Thanks for the info! I'm hoping that there is availability in the Capital District. Do you think that's a difficult area to be assigned?
                            Last edited by grunt999; 09-02-2010, 12:26 AM.

Comment

• Couldn't tell you.

Comment

• Hi everyone ! I'm a newbie who took the court officer exam in '09. Scored 90, rank 35XX. Waiting and to be contacted for the next step in the process. Good luck all of you who took the exam!
                                Last edited by Aden; 09-06-2010, 06:21 AM. Reason: deleted duplicate word

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10022 users online. 452 members and 9570 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X